Chapter 14

Undying Memories

Music: That Woman By Secret Garden OST

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z68pBU5xW10

*Credit to them :D

 

 

 

 

“I should go find Soh-” Sunmi tried to divert answering the question minutes earlier but, got cut off by Taecyeon.

“Miss Anh is back at home with her family for Christmas.” Taecyeon simply stated. “There’s no dodging the question Miss Sunmi.”

“If it makes you feel better, Mr. Jang can come with us while you explain.” Taeceyeon added and pull his collar a bit feeling awkward from the silence that has fallen between the three.

“Fine, but we will talk about this at the garden. So Wooyoung and I will meet you there, we need to get our coat.” Sunmi stood up and grab a hold of Wooyoung’s hand and drag him towards the closet.

Minutes later as Taecyeon stood at the front entrance of the garden with his gaze fix upon the moon he could hear rustling against upon the grass. Turning towards the direction of the sound he could make out two figures walking his way.

“You finally came.” Taecyeon said as Sunmi just gesture it away.

“Come I want to sit on the bench near the garden house.” Sunmi said and walked passed him as Wooyoung trailed behind and gave Taecyeon a sincere smile before walking pass.

Finally settle Sunmi looked up at the moon and sigh. She looked at Wooyoung who nod his head to encourage starting the story. Sunmi sitting in the middle of the bench with Wooyoung on her right Taecyeon decided to sit on her left then.

“When I was fourteen my father, Lee Chang-Hee died because of a car accident. My world of happiness came crashing down with only my mother and those who love me and care for me urge me on through my dark times. Until one year later, my mother Lee Taewin left me with my grandpa and grandma to go for a special trip. Since then she never came back, three years later I heard hal-abeoji (grandpa) talking on the phone with this person. I didn’t know who the person was, but the thing they were talking about was my mother’s health. So I believe it was a doctor hal-abeoji was talking to.” Sunmi explained and took a breath of air as memories flashed back to that very day as she continued on.

--------------------------- [Flash Back] ----------------------------

She came home with her backpack swung on her shoulder from school. She smiled seeing her grandpa in his office because the door was left slightly opened and was about to knock but heard something very interesting.

“Good, I want you to watch and take care of her for me Mr. Hwa. I don’t want my granddaughter to ever know about this.” Hal-abeoji spoke to the phone other line.

“She doesn’t need to know that her mother has a short-term memory loss!” Hal-abeoji screamed to the phone. Sunmi covered from hearing this and silently tiptoed to her bedroom.

Sitting on her bed she looked out the window that had started to turn grey and start to rain. She couldn’t help but started crying. How come her mom has short term memory loss? How come hal-abeoji doesn’t want her to know? Questions were flowing everywhere in her head and none can be answered except by herself to find the truth.

Three days later she was standing in front of a senior housing far away in the country side of Seoul. She’d hired a spy to follow his hal-abeoji and the news about her mother. Everything ended to here, skipping her day in school to come all the way here. Taking a deep breath she took one step and stopped herself. She hasn’t seen her mom for three months thinking she had left for a trip. What if she doesn’t remember her? Shaking that thought away she went inside the building.

“Excuse me I’m here to look for a woman name Lee Taewin?” Sunmi ask the front desk lady.

“What is your relationship to her?” The lady asks back with a questioning face.

“I’m her dau-I’m her daughter’s maid which makes me working for Mr. Lee.” Sunmi spoke carefully. Good thing she changed out of her school outfit and wearing regular clothes because the lady was examining her from top to bottom.

“Why are you visiting her?” The lady asks another question.

“Mrs. Lee happens to have left something at the mansion before leaving here.” Sunmi came up with a white lie.

“Very well, she’s in her room right now.” From that the lady turns back to her papers to what she was doing before. Sunmi stood there for a minute waiting for her to give the room number.

“Excuse and what might the room number might be?”

“Didn’t Mr. Lee tell you the room number before coming here?” Sunmi could feel her palms getting sweaty as her start coming up with another lie.

“No, Mr. Lee was in a rush today to go somewhere with his business and couldn’t tell me.” Sunmi said which was half true. The lady looked her in the eye suspiciously and turned to her computer screen.

“The room number is 27 on the second floor to your right.” Was the entire lady said without looking up at Sunmi. Murmuring thanks she headed towards the elevator. Once inside she gave out a big sigh of relief. As the elevator took her up to the second floor she started gathering her bravery to face her mom.

*Ding* The elevator doors open and about seven elderly people was playing ping pongs, reading, and watching television in the living room.

“Umma must be the youngest in this building since she’s only in her mid thirties.” Sunmi thought as she turns to her right to find room number 27. Coming to a stop she gently knocks on the door to room 27.

“Come in!” A woman voice yelled cheerfully. Turning the knob Sunmi walked inside to find her mother. opened slightly from seeing the image in front of her. Her mom hair was put in a high two pigtails but was curled and she was holding a teddy bear. Wearing something like a teenager outfit and she had on makeup but more of a young age type.

“Who are you?” Sunmi’s mom Taewin asks.

“I’m your dau-” Sunmi couldn’t finish when her mom interrupt her.

“Oh you’re my long time best friend!” Taewin spoke. Sunmi couldn’t believe her eyes. “Come on you have to come and play with me, I’ve been bored with only Mr. Teddy Lee that my boyfriend gave me.”

As the day drew nearer Sunmi’s mom took a nap, glancing at her wrist watch it was already five time to go home. She played with her mom who acted sometimes like a child or a teenager. Leaving the building she went to the bus stop to go to school and there call her driver.

Sitting on the bench waiting she couldn’t help thinking about her mom. Her condition was worse than she had thought. She not only has short-term memory loss, she forgot about mostly everything including her daughter and act like a teenager.

“Will I be like that when I grow older?” Sunmi thought feeling her heart beating very fast scared. She couldn’t help thinking about that over and over again throughout the day.

Laying in bed now she’d come up with a plan. Maybe if I just act like a childish girl now I can be use to what will happen to me when I forget everything and act like a child. Things will be easier……..she thought as she drifted to sleep.

-------------------------- [End of Flash Back] -----------------------------------

“Wait wait are your telling me your mom has short-term memory loss and she acts like a child and teenager?” Taecyeon asks shock.

“Yes you Monkey!” Sunmi yell and got up running away from this subject she can’t believe she had to tell some else this beside Ye Eun unni and Wooyoung.

Wooyoung got up just as fast as Sunmi with his fast reflexes. “Don’t worry I’ll calm her down Taecyeon.” With that Wooyoung ran after Sunmi.

Taecyeon watch as the two went and sat there. “She acts like a child because she’s scared of what might happen to her?” Taecyeon spoke to herself. Just then he heard rustles from the bush.

“Who’s there?” Taecyeon ask standing up and looking everywhere in the garden. Out walk someone from the dark huddle near the bushes. Squinting his eyes as the unknown person walked out of the dark into the moonlight was Grandpa Lee.

“Mr. Lee sir” Taecyeon said and bowed and looked back up at him. “How long have you stayed there?”

“About as long from start to finish.” Dongwae said and took a seat where Sunmi was sitting before. Sighing he looked up at the December sky and started to speak as Taecyeon stood and looked at him.

“Sunmi finding out everything is one thing I regret for her actions she has now.”

“It’s not your fault Mr. Lee sir.” Taecyeon replied.

“For goodness sake she’s acting like a child while she’s in her senior year of school!” Dongwae shouted and started to shake his head. Taken aback from his tone Taecyeon looked up at the stars hearing his boss cry silently to himself.

 

--------------------------------------

Sorry for the long wait guys! But I finally finish typing this chapter :D Hope you guys enjoy this chapter with the truth behind Sunmi's actions! Thanks for the comments I really appreciate everyone who reads it and comments :) I'm truly grateful...Hehe anyways enjoy~

-RASSYJAM