Chapter 17

Undying Memories

Music: Love Again By Miss A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qquo77tBHSQ

*Credit to them :)

 

 

 

 

“Mrs. Ok do you want me to water these flowers also?” Sunmi ask turning around with the water can in hand to look at Mrs. Ok.

“Yes, thank you Miss Sunmi you don’t actually have to.” Mrs. Ok said hesitating a bit. Flashback from earlier today her son had a day off and was suppose to return back home from the Seoul country side for the day himself without planning to bring anyone. Right when he arrived who stepped out the car first was no other than Miss Sunmi. Taking Mrs. Ok by surprise, she wasn’t expecting to her here ever again.

Turns out Miss Sunmi wanted to come to the country side of Seoul and visit Mrs. Ok.  This was awkward already and it became even more awkward when she offered to help out at the farm. Both Taecyeon and Mrs. Ok don’t even know what to make of this, bit just stood by the side and watched.

So far Sunmi has: fed the horse with carrots, brush the horse’s hair (which the Ok’s had only two horses), picked fresh apples from the Ok’s apple tree backyard, and is now water their front lawns flowers.

“Ani (no) Mrs. Ok it’s my pleasure to help. I just wanted to help and escape the busy city of Seoul and get some fresh air.” Sunmi explained looking up at the sky and took in some big breaths of air and smiled at the sky.

“Yah Miss Sunmi what are you actually up to?” Taecyeon yelled from sitting on a bench that was beside the house front door. He had his arm crossed over his chest and one of his leg crossed over the other.

“Nothing,” Sunmi smiled and said while looking at Taecyeon. She brushed her hang away from her eyes and sighs and continues to water the flowers once more.

“Ah son I don’t think she’s alright.” Mrs. Ok came near her son and putted one of her arms on his shoulder scared and confused.

“It’s okay Umma, I’ll take care of this.” Taecyeon whisper to her mom and got up from the bench. Marching towards Sunmi he grabbed her wrist and took the water can out of her grasp. Planting the water can on the ground with his other hand still holding Sunmi’s wrist he marched towards his car. “Annyeong umma!” Taecyeon waved as Mrs. Ok returned a small wave concern for his son.

“Yah I wasn’t done water the flowers!” Sunmi yelled as Taecyeon released her wrist once they reached the car. Taecyeon keeping quiet open the passenger door for her and looked at her.

“Miss Sunmi I don’t know what you are up to, but you’re scaring my umma and me.” Taecyeon spoke as Sunmi crossed her arm and pouted and quickly stopped pouting.

“What’s gotten into you Miss Sunmi?” Taecyeon asks concerned.

“I’m…I’m…I’m trying to act back my old self and stop my childish act.” Sunmi hesitated with her arms crossed and looking down on the ground.

“What?” Taecyeon asks shocked. “Being back your old self?” Sunmi nod her head and made eye contact with him.

“Yes, I’ve been thinking,” Sunmi started and walked away from the car folding her fingers together with the back of her body facing Taecyeon. “If I don’t live my life to the fullest I’m never free.”

“Eh?” Taecyeon asks confuse shocked from seeing Sunmi so….mature? Sunmi sighed and turned around to face Taecyeon. Walking towards him she patted his shoulder, “Live your life that’s when you’re finally free.” Sunmi explained with only that and closed the car door. Standing there confuse with those words swirling in his mind he got in the driver side and started the engine.

--------------------------------------------------

(Sunmi P.O.V.)

“Stop glancing at the rear view mirror every ten seconds.” I stated as Taecyeon shuffled in his car and cleared his throat.

“If you have a question to ask then just ask, but I may or may not answer it.” I replied.

“When did you start to act mature again?” Taecyeon asks me.

“About yesterday before I went to bed.” I simply answered and looked out the window. “It’s a bit harder than I thought, but I feel like a big weight has lifted from my shoulder. I tend to pout when I’m upset a bit, but I’m starting to change that. Oh by the way mind if I still call you Monkey? Or should I call your Mr. Ok?” I ask looking at the back of Taecyeon’s head.

He glanced at the rear view mirror once more and went quiet for a bit. I thought he wasn’t about to answer when he took me by surprise.

“Call me Taecyeon or Monkey will be fine.” He said and made a left turn. I smiled and tilted my head to the right a bit.

“Yes Taecyeon.” I said and smiled. “Thank you Wooyoungie for letting me see the brighter side of things.”

When we finally reached back home to the mansion I unbuckle myself and got out the car. “No need to open the door for me Taecyeon.” I said as Taecyeon stared at me with a weird expression.

“What?” I ask touching my face thinking something was there.

“It’s not just your mature side has come out, your nice side has came out also.” I shrugged from hearing that but smiled. Walking up the hill towards the mansion we both walked side by side in silence until we saw a figure come running down hill towards us. When the figure ran by a lamp post with the light shining on to their face both Taecyeon and I looked at each other confused.

“Taecyeon!” Sohee yelled down the hill and stopped right in front of him taking big breaths.

“Sohee-ah calm down.” I said as she continues to take in air. “Is everything okay at the mansion? I ask concern.

“Yeh, but it’s not about that I haven’t personal to ask Mr. Ok.” Sohee said, I looked at her from top to bottom.

“Sohee why aren’t you in your maid outfit? Not that it’s bad because you’re done working for the day, but I haven’t really seen you wearing normal clothes at the lee’s mansion.” I started to say as she smiled shyly at me.

“Ummmm it’s complicated.” That was all she said to me as she turned to look at Taecyeon. Then something unbelievable happen that took me and probably Taecyeon by shock.

“Will you go out with me?” Sohee exclaimed.

“I probably should get going.” I start to say and walk off quickly towards the mansion. That was an awkward moment and if I stayed any longer it will get even more.

--------------------------------------------------

(Taecyeon P.O.V.)

“Ahhh Sohee,” I began to say as things were heading toward the awkward moment fast. “I…how can I say this? I don’t share the same feelings you do.” I explained as she looked down on the ground and nod her head.

“I understand, but give it a try.” She started to say and made eye contact with me and quickly looked back down on the ground.

I my lips trying to solve this problem without hurting her feelings. “How about this we go on your date like you wanted, but you’ll realize the feelings you have for me isn’t love you think it is.”

She thought about this for a moment and looked at me. “Okay, but what happens if it is.” She asks as I gulped down my saliva not knowing how to answer her.

“If it is, maybe I’ll give you a try?” I said with the ending sounding like a question, but I guess she was to happy to have heard it.

So we started on our night date since we both didn’t have anything to do. I looked at my watch as we drove to the mall. I glanced at my watch which read nine fifteen. Sohee was sitting beside me in the front car of the passenger side. Surprisingly the mall wasn’t about to end at nine like usual since they had a carnival at the mall.

Once we got there and park, we headed off to play. I won her a teddy bear from the milk bottle game. Ate cotton candies and played some more games like trying to pop the balloons with darts to win a prize, and surprisingly we had things to talk about, but I just didn’t have that feeling. It was already ten forty seven when we both decided to end our day with the Ferris wheel.

As we got in with the ride starting silence fell over as we both just looked out the window. Seeing the world grow smaller and smaller.

“So have you decided what your love for me is yet?” I asked as she looked at me and scrunched her face.

“Yes and no. Oh I don’t know Taecyeon, sorry for dragging into this mess.” Sohee said and hugged her teddy bear I won her tight around her.

“No, it’s fine.” I said and gave a sincere smile. “I don’t know how to clear your confusion,” I started as I loosen my red scarf around me. Even though it’s February it’s still chilly outside. “Maybe this will help you clear it.” I finished as she looked at me confuse. I had scooted closer to her and give a gentle kiss on her lips and stepped away as she touched her lips.

As we drove towards the Lee’s mansion in silence she looked out the window. Parking the car in the parking lot I opened my door and got out as she did the same thing. Walking up the hill towards the Lee’s mansion she hugged her teddy bear tight around her arms.

“Taecyeon thank you for everything today.” Sohee said. I stop my tracks and looked at her who stopped her tracks also. We now looked into each other eyes. She hesitated at first, but began to talk again. “You…that kiss on the Ferris wheel made me realize that all this time, this love for you I develop isn’t what I thought would have been. My whole entire life, I was an only child. Never had a sister or brother and the love for you was like finding a long lost brother.” She said and bowed in front of me. “Mian haeyo (sorry) Mr. Ok for causing you trouble.” She began to walk away when I grabbed her wrist.

“How about I become your brother then?” I ask as she turned around with slightly opened, which formed a “O”.

“Really Taecyeon?” Sohee asks.

“Yah, don’t call me Taecyeon anymore. Call me Taecyeon oppa. Got it?” I said with a wide smiled as she hugged me.

“Thank you, for forgiving me and making me your sister.” Sohee replied.

“Well I’m an only child also, I know how you feel.” I said and scratched my head. “Well it’s late you better go to bed now Mandu.” I said as she looked at me confused.

“Mandu?”

“Yeah, I always wanted to call you that with those cheeks of yours.” I explained and pinched both of her cheeks.

“Yah!” Sohee exclaimed and whack my hands away. I laughed and thought how our brother and sister relationship will grow.

 

------------------------------

Hurray to another chapter! Ahhh I enjoyed typing this chapter :) I hope you enjoyed reading it also, please comment it will be appreciated :D Another chapter coming soon!

-RASSYJAM