Chapter 23

Undying Memories

 

The month of May came strolling in as the temperature in Seoul slowly rises. Sitting under one of the Lee’s shady trees Ye Eun groaned from moving her body for even just an inch.

 

“So hot and it’s only the month of May.” Ye Eun brush her hair behind her back as she fan herself. Sunmi only giggle watching her unni exaggerating.

 

“The temperature is not so hot just maybe above the average temperature.” Sunmi assure her unni that she was only hallucinating. She brought a strand of her hair behind her ear as Nichkhun nudge Sunmi on her side.

 

“Is there usually a lot of maids working outside of your garden?” He asks pointing to a few of her maids who giggled and continue to water the bushes. Sunmi looked around her garden noticing about twenty of her family maids out in the open doing things they usually don’t do.

 

“No they don’t.” Sunmi answered his question as she raises one of her eyebrow.

 

“Oh come on it’s so obvious they find Mr. Horvekul here interesting.” Ye Eun pointed to Nichkhun. Since Sunmi, Wooyoung, and Nichkhun bonded with one another they had became close friends. Since they’re close friends it was only natural that Ye Eun and Nickhun became acquaintance with one another as well.

 

“Speaking of interest didn’t your maids find me interesting as well when you brought me over to your mansion the first couple of weeks when we met?” Wooyoung asks Sunmi who sat beside him.

 

“Yeah they did,” Sunmi thought back to their childhood years and smile “they even brought you ice creams too.” She smiled.

 

“I ate all of it and got a stomachache.” Wooyoung laughed remembering the painful memory. “I lied in bed the next entire day.”

 

“That .” Nichkhun plainly said with honesty as Sunmi whack him on the arm with a smile plaster on her face.

 

“Miss Sunmi here’s the lemonade you wanted.” Sohee said bringing a tray of homemade lemonade on the grass. Handing a glass to Sunmi who thank her continue to distribute the rest of the glass of lemonades to her guess.

 

Sunmi notice Nichkhun staring at Sohee which brought her to remember she never introduced the both of them to each other. “Sohee,” she started to say as Sohee handed the last glass of lemonade to Ye Eun.

 

“Yes Miss Sunmi?” Sohee asks turning around to face Sunmi.


“Please don’t call me Miss Sunmi. How many times do I have to tell you to call me by my name? You’re one of my closest friend I treat you like my own sister. But anyways I wanted to introduce you one of my good friends I met this year, Nichkhun Horvekul and Nichkhun I’m sure you heard that this is one of my closest friend just now, Anh Sohee.” Sunmi said as they both looked at each other and shook hands.

 

“Nice to meet you Mr. Horveku I have heard a lot about you from Miss-” Sohee began to say as Sunmi gave her a joking glare from addressing her as “Miss Sunmi”, “from Sunmi a lot.” Sohee finish her sentence straightening herself. “Well I will be off to do other duties around the house. If you need anything else Sunmi just call me.” She announced turning around to leave when Nichkhun spoke up.

 

“You know it’s a sunny day. We should go out to the ocean and get some breeze and vitamin D.” He said with Ye Eun turn to look at him with questioning eyes.

 

“How are we going to rent a boat or a yacht? They cost a lot even though we might have just enough money for one trip around the sea.” Ye Eun acknowledge the idea but no one seem to recognize the issue that she sees.

 

“Did we forget to mention that Nichkhun father owns the famous yacht company?” Sunmi asks raising her shoulders with a quirky smile as her head tilt to the side. Then the awkward silence that suddenly made the sunny temperature turn to a cozy autumn breeze fell upon all of them.

 

“That is one important thing you forgot to tell me you little rascal.” Ye Eun said squeezing between Wooyoung and Sunmi. Hooking her arm around Sunmi’s neck she used her free hand and rub her hair.

 

“Sorry Ye Eun unni.” Sunmi giggle under her arm as she struggles to break free.

 

“Anyways,” Nichkhun moved his attention to Sohee “back to the main topic. Would you like to join us Miss Sohee?”

 

Getting out of Ye Eun grasps Sunmi stared up at Sohee with a smile. It may seem that Prince Charming here seem to have taken interest upon Sohee. “Yeah Sohee come join us. It will be a lovely break for you.”

 

Sohee stared at her best friend Sunmi and thought hard about the invitation. “Okay.” She quietly said as Sunmi jumped up from sitting on the ground and wraps her arms around her.

 

“This is going to be fun Sohee so you can relax. Let’s go to my room so you can change out of your working clothes.” Sunmi took Sohee’s hand and led her towards the Lee’s mansion. As Ye Eun, Wooyoung, and Nichkhun just stare at the two that just left look at one another.

 

“Well I guess were going then.” Wooyoung finally spoke up and took another gulp of his lemonade.

 

“Let’s invite Taecyeon as well.” Nichkhun thought as Ye Eun shook her head finishing her glass of lemonade she set it down on the grass.

 

“He wouldn’t be able to come. Grandpa Lee and he went to a trip.” Ye Eun explain as Wooyoung look at her surprise by Taecyeon sudden agenda.

 

“Where did he go with Mr. Lee?”

 

“I’m not quite sure. Something about Grandpa Lee going on a business trip that had to do with horses. Since Taecyeon lived near the country side he knows a lot about horses so Grandpa Lee brought him along to help.” Ye Eun shrug explaining then smile poking Nichkhun on the side. “I saw you looking at Sohee.”

 

Nichkhun blush slightly, “I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

 

“Dude I saw the way you were looking at Sohee as well. Your eyes were…sparkling.” Wooyoung added.

 

“I thought we are friends how come you’re making fun of me as well?” Nichkhun whine as Wooyoung laugh along with Ye Eun.

 

“Well is it true? That you’re eyes were sparkling?” Ye Eun tried to hide her smile that plaster on her face anyway.

 

Sighing Nichkhun nod his head, “Yeah she was like an angel.” Wooyoung scoff as Ye Eun raise her eye brow hearing the previous love story about him and Sunmi before.

 

“Wasn’t the first time you said you saw an angel.” Wooyoung roll his eyes jokingly.

 

“Guys stop bullying me.” Nichkhun pouted as Wooyoung and Ye Eun put a hand on his shoulder.

 

“Okay, we’ll stop.” They both said.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Grabbing out dozen of clothes Sunmi handed an outfit to Sohee. “So what do you think about this one?” The outfit contains a pair of light washed up skinny jeans, a light blue sweater, and a pair of cream flats.

 

“It’s very nice.” Sohee stare at herself from inside the mirror. Never in her life had she wore something she thought she’ll never wear.

 

“You don’t like it?” Sunmi pouted feeling like she failed helping her friend.

 

“No no! I don’t mean that! It’s just that I never would have thought I would wear these types of clothes. I thought it would look weird on me. But surprisingly it makes me look mature.”  Sohee stared at herself some more before looking at Sunmi again. “Let’s…let’s go have some fun.”

 

Hearing that Sunmi smile as Sohee did as well feeling for the first she was like a regular teenager.

 

---------------------------------

Sorry for the long wait! Also thanks for the comments guys hope to see some more soon. (: Enjoy~