Chapter 25

Undying Memories

Music: Remember When By The Platters

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COZaEJrtAEQ

*Credit to them (:

 

 

 

Sunmi was walking down the street smiling as the weather was once again sunny, but this time it was breezy. A month has past and some good things happened. Nichkhun and Sohee were now a pair, graduating was here and she was accepted into Dongguk University. Everything was falling into place. Just then her phone rang rumaging through her bag she found it and answered it.

 

“Sunmi-ah did you remember to buy the ice cream afterschool?” Ye Eun ask.

 

“Yeh(yes) unni I got your toffee ice cream you asked for.” Sunmi said laughing.

 

“Good Wooyoung is already here along with everyone else so hurry up!” Ye Eun said through the phone.

 

“Neh unni I’ll be home about twenty or thirty minutes later.” With that they both exchange goodbyes and hung up. As Sunmi waited to cross the street to the bus stop she smiled from seeing a mother and her small little boy waiting to cross as well. The little boy was holding on his bouncy ball but just then it slipped and rolled across the crosswalk. He ran after it and picked it up as a car came driving down the road honking. Sunmi noticing this dropped her school bag and bag of ice creams and ran out the cross walk and pushed the little boy out to the other side of the street to safety. As if time has slow down Sunmi widen her eyes with horror as she saw the car came close towards her and waiting for what was coming next she lost consciousness.

 

----------------------------------------------------

 

(Sunmi P.O.V.)

 

Cold…so cold…can’t move my body….

 

“Sunmi-ah don’t you worry! Everything is going to be fine!”

 

I could hear someone calling me somewhere far away, but I don’t know where. I’m like in a very dark room. Was it grandpa? No it sounded like Taecyeon? No the voice felt so familiar to me it makes my heart beat faster. Wooyoung that’s it, it has to him, it has to be Youngie…

 

Just then the dark room lit up and everywhere was just plain white for me to stare at.

 

“Youngie?”

 

I opened my eyes alittle to find lights beaming down on me and people talking to each other wearing masks.

 

“Heart rate is settling down to normal rate.”A woman said somewhere in the room.

 

“Her right leg has been fracture and so is her left arm.” A male voice added as well and slowly my eyes began to close once more as I fell into a deep sleep.

 

(End of Sunmi P.O.V.)

 

-------------------------------------------------------

 

“She’s waking up! She’s waking up!” Ye Eun yelled happily as tears ran down her face. Sunmi slowly open her eyes as her image started out fuzzy, but began to clear up.

 

“Sunmi –ah how are you feeling?” Grandma Lee ask who was sitting beside her bedside asks. Sunmi slowly turned towards the sound but didn’t speak.

 

“Doctor Bum is she alright?” Grandpa Lee asks turning to the doctor who stood beside him.

 

“You see her hit and fall from the car has caused a big impact on her head. We treated everywhere of her body especially her brain which we took the blood out that had started seeping. But the thing is I believe she loss some of her memories which a lot of patients that has incounter a hit from a car has. Her memories may come back and she may also have short terms memory. I’ve done everything I can Mr. Lee.” Doctor Bum said as Grandpa Lee thanked him.

 

Everyone who had listened to what the doctor had to say slowly weep silently. Sohee was in Nichkhun arms as Ye Eun regretted having Sunmi pick up ice creams for her. Wooyoung quietly regretted not being able to walk with her to the shop and to her house.

 

“Everyone I want you to listen that any of this that has happen does not have to do with you. It is life and life wants this to happen which all of us can’t control. Sunmi is a strong woman and I am sure she will pull through.” Grandpa Lee stated as he looked at his grandaughter who was lying in bed was once more sleeping. “We should let her rest. Mrs. Lee and I will stay everyone go home and rest.”

 

Everyone nodded there head and left as Grandpa Lee took a seat on the other side of the bed from Sunmi. He looked at his wife whose face looks so pale and eyes so red from crying.

 

“Everything’s going to be fine.” He assures his wife as she slowly nods her head and sniffle into her tissue she was holding in her hand.

 

As the next day came Ye Eun and the rest came to visit again with food.

 

“Hal-abeoji (grandpa) halmeoni (grandma) you guys should go back to the mansion and get some rest. Will be with Sunmi and call you when she wakes up.” Ye Eun suggested as both of her grandparents nod their head.As they left Ye Eun and Wooyoung took their seats as Nichkhun and Sohee sat at on the couch they had in the room. Taecyeon stood near the window looking out of the building.

 

Time slowly past as everyone sat in silence and made short conversations. Grandpa and Grandma Lee came back later on in the evening finding Sunmi still asleep.

 

“Why is she sleeping for so long?” Grandma Lee asks plastering a wavering smile. “What a lazy girl she is.” Everyone stiffle a laughter remembering how in her childish days does she tends to wake up late. Just then Sunmi slowly open her eyes once more as Sohee rush to summon the doctor for a check up on Sunmi.

 

“Where am I?” Sunmi weakly asks feeling her head was wrapped with cloths.

 

“You’re at the hospital sweetie.” Grandma Lee said as Sunmi looked around the room finding figures she felt like she seen before, but shd couldn’t say who they were.

 

As Doctor Bum came into the room he stood beside Sunmi’s bed and made it into a sitting position and began to do a check up.

 

“What’s your name?” Doctor Bum began to ask making sure to take down notes on his clip board.

 

“Sss…Sunmi.” She slowly said feeling her head with her right arm while her left arm was put in a cast.

 

“Do you know how old you are?”

 

“Eighteen.”

 

“Who’s your guardian?”

 

“My grandparents are my guardians.”

 

“Do you know how you got here in the hospital?”

 

“I…I got hit by a car?” Sunmi answered not a hundred percent sure if she was right or not.

 

“Good, these are your friends and families do you remember them?” Doctor Bum asks gesturing towards the crowd that was gathered around her bed. Sunmi stared at them a bit puzzled and small pieces of flashbacks came in her mind.

 

“Ye Eun unni?” Sunmi called out and looked at Ye Eun who nods her head crying. Slowly she called out everyone names in the room while everyone was rejoicing that she remembers.

 

“Very good Sunmi, I will check up on you later on in the evening and tomorrow morning. For now get some rest and catch up with your love ones.” Doctor Bum put away his pen and left the room.

 

“How are you feeling Sunmi?” Wooyoung ask Sunmi’s hair. Just then the door opened and in came Seung Hyun along with his girlfriend Yoobin.

 

“Where’s Sunmi is she okay?” Seung Hyun asks setting down his fruit basket.

 

“She’s fine oppa.” Ye Eun said while giving a hug to Yoobin, they had met in the previous months when he had brought her home to meet the family. As everyone chatted with Sunmi she responded to them, but was puzzled from remembering some events that happened in her life. No one gave it much thought, since the doctor had told them it may take sometime to remember.

 

The next day came as the doctor came to check up on Sunmi once more.

 

“How are you feeling Sunmi?” Doctor Bum asks scribblimg something down on to the clipboard.

 

“Good.” Doctor Bum nods his head and continues to write.

 

“Can I ask you a question doctor?” Sunmi asks hestistating.

 

“Yes go ahead Sunmi.”

 

“Who are those two men?” Sunmi pointed at Taecyeon and Nichkhun who stood around the bed. Both men were shock.

 

“Sunmi-sh don’t you remember me? I go to the same high school with you and we’re about to graduate together in less then two weeks.” Nichkhun said pointing to himself.

 

She only shook her head confuse, “Nnnno I don’t.”

 

“Doctor Bum what is going on?” Grandpa Lee asks with a worry expression on his face.

 

“It may appear to be that Sunmi is suffering from memory loss.”

 

“Will she remember all of us at all?” Ye Eun ask.

 

“Why am I in a hospital doctor?” Sunmi suddenly ask looking at her right leg that was casted and so was her left arm.

 

“Oh my, this can’t be happening.” Grandma Lee whispers out covered with her hands.

 

“Is she suffering from short term memory as well?!” Taecyeon losing his temper yelled out as Sohe wept in Nichkhun’s arm. Ye Eun stood there stun while the room began to rouse in a commotion.

 

“Sunmi-ah no matter what don’t forget me okay?” Wooyoung whisper to Sunmi quietly as the room was becoming loud. She shook her head taking in the sight of Wooyoung who somehow made her feel safe. He was like an angel as he spoke to her in a calm sweet voice.

 

“I promise.” She answered as Wooyoung hugged her tight…..

 

-------------------------------------------------------------

 

Covering tears began to fall down her face. A flash of all her memories came back to her. Taecyeon finished telling his story and looked out beyond the garden.

 

“I re…remember everything.” Sunmi quietly wept, she graduated from school and tried to attend her university life but failed since her short term memory was getting worse. “Youngie? Where’s Youngie?” Sunmi suddenly ask remembering her one true love. “How is he?”

 

Taecyeon smiled and turned to look at her, “Look at your left hand.”

 

She did and notices a simple diamond ring on her left fourth finger. She gave a silent cry and look at Taecyeon. “I didn’t marry you did I?” She tried to joke as Taecyeon laughed.

 

“No, if you did I lost my ring then.” He jokes back holding out his left hand that had no ring. “I’m glad you remember everything once more Sunmi, but sometimes not so lucky.” Sunmi hit him slightly feeling happy to remember her memories even for only a day or two hours or so.

 

“I miss you Sunmi-ah.” Taecyeon said giving a tired smile. “There’s no one to make me mad and argue with.”

 

“I miss you too Monkey.” She said as she rests her head on his shoulder. Both sat in silence as they could hear the waves beat against the sand.

 

“How are the others?”

 

“Ye Eun debuted about five years ago under JYP Entertainment and are very successful as a singer. She comes to visit you as often as possible, which I hope you can remember.”

 

She shook her head for not remembering and frowned. “Continue on Taecyeon, what about Nichkhun and Sohee are they still a couple?”

 

“They’re married and have a daughter name Mimi after you but differently. Sohee’s a house wife and Nichkhun took after his dad’s business. They come and visit you whenever they are not busy.”

 

“Mimi I like that name.” Sunmi made a reply and sighed. She felt like she missed so many important things but couldn’t remember them.

 

“Mr and Mrs. Lee are very healthy and lives at the mansion still while Wooyoung is looking after the Lee’s family business and his own family business. A busy man he is, but he makes sure to visit you everyday.” Sunmi took her head off his shoulder and look at him with a serious face.

 

“What about you then Taecyeon?”

 

“Me? I’m still your family butler.”

 

“Don’t you want something more Taecyeon? You shouldn’t give up your dream because you are my family butler.” Sunmi said feeling guilty for holding him back.

 

“No I found out that I love being your family butler. Besides Wooyoung gave me a job for retelling you this story of your life so yu’ll be able to remember us when he comes back home everyday.” Taecyeon reassure her as he clasps his hands together. “Speaking of Wooyoung here he comes.” He got up from the swinging bench as did Sunmi. “Good night Sunmi I’ll come back tomorrow and hopefully you’ll remember me.” He said teasing her yet his face looked sad.

 

“I’ll see you tomorrow Taecyeon.” As she watched him walk back into the house Wooyoung came out and had a smiled on his face. Seeing his smile made Sunmi burst into tears and ran into his arms. As they both hugged each other he her hair like old times.

 

“Are you tired Youngie? Having to work two businesses must be hard. I’m sorry for not being able to be with you.” Sunmi whisper out and looked deep inside his eyes.

 

“I’m not tired as long I get to see you everyday after work at home.” They both sat back down on the swinging bench as Sunmi rest in his arms.

 

“This is our house?” She asks very curious. He laughed and nods his head.

 

“We picked the place together. We both loved the beach view here.” He replies as Sunmi smiled feeling once again united with Wooyoung.

 

“I love you Youngie.” She looked up to look at his face. He examines her face so sweet and innocent like the day he first met her.

 

“I love you more Sunmi.” He whispers back as they both hugged each other tighter and watch the sunset. For her undying memories united them together once more.

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------

YAY!!! (: I finally finished my story. I hope you guys don't think it was a bit to fast...I do want to thank everyone who has given me comments and support! Love you guys! Reading your comments really help made this story possible. I hope you guys enjoyed the ending. If you guys have questions about the story leave a message on my wall and I will try to help you or give you an explanation (: it will be a long while for me to start a new story soon. Till then I hope you guys will wait patiently. Keep smiling and LIVE LAUGH LOVE (: