Chapter 24

Undying Memories

 

 

Sitting in a comfortable spot Sohee let the breeze of the sea whip her hair behind her back. Closing her eyes she started thinking. How long has it been since she felt free from her worries? How long has it been since she gets to do her own things? How long has it been since she gets to go somewhere? Just then someone tap her on the shoulder. Opening her eyes slowly the sun slowly beamed upon her. Squintting her eyes her image started to clear and a person’s body stood in front of her.

 

“Miss Anh?” A man voice asks. Finally her image clear and the man standing in front of her was Mr. Horvejkul.

 

“Oh Mr. Horvejkul is there something you want? Do you want me to get you a glass of water from the fridge you have on your yacht?” Sohee asks starting to get up from her seat.

 

“No please sit back down.” Nichkhun put his hand on her shoulder and push her slightly back down.

 

“I brought you a drink instead. Sitting in the sun like this will get you parch fast did you know that?” Nichkhun asks taking a seat beside her. She took the glass of cold water in her hand and thanked him.

 

“Are you enjoying your time Miss Anh?” Nichkhun asks watching Sohee look down on her glass of water. She was obviously shy and wasn’t much of a talker. The fact that Nichkhun was handsome and talking to a girl like her made Sohee blushed.

 

“Is it to hot Miss Anh?” Nichkhun asks noticing that her cheeks were turning to a shade of pink. Sohee tried to cover her cheeks looking down on the ground. Completely embarrass that he saw her blush.

 

“Yah Nichkhun! Stop messing around with Sohee.” Ye Eun who came by sat across from them with a playful smirk. Sohee blush only increase as Nickhun started laughing hiding his developing blush upon his cheeks.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“Mr. Lee how do you like your horse?” Taecyeon ask while leading a horse back into it’s stall.

 

“He is very well trained.” Mr. Lee answered while patting the horse on the head before turning around to leave. The horse was white with slightly black dots as patterns. Taecyeon lock the stall and did a double check before following Mr. Lee out into the open once more.

 

“So was your business trip a success today Mr. Lee?” Taecyeon asks looking at his side. He nodded and checks his wrist watch. The business didn’t take as long as he had thought it was only three in the afternoon.

 

“Why don’t you take the rest of the day off when we get back to the mansion? You’ve already done so much for me already.” Mr. Lee offer. Taecyeon was about to decline when he saw his boss’s eyes and decided to accept it instead.

 

As they got in the car which was driving them back to the mansion Taecyeon recieves a message. Checking his phone as he took a seat in the car the text read:

 

“Taecyeon once you are done with grandpa’s business trip which I believe wouldn’t take the whole day (trust me I know grandpa he gets things done smoothly and quickly) come to Nichkhun’s father yacht shop called Swift Sea. Just ask the driver he knows where it is and he’ll drive you there. By the way no need to pack for clothes from the mansion Nichkhun is lending you his, just thank him later. See you there! –Sunmi”

 

“Who’s it from?” Mr. Lee asks noticing Taecyeon has been reading his message for an awfully long time.

 

“Sunmi invited me to this event telling me to go to this yacht shop called the Swift Sea?” Taecyeon said but it came out sounding more of a question.

 

“Ah, this child is finally being more of herself everyday. I know where that is and the driver knows as well we can drive you there. Do you need to go back to the mansion to get some clothes?” Mr. Lee asks as Taecyeon shook his head.

 

“No they already got clothes for me.” He answered.

 

“Very well, Sang please drives us to the Swift Sea yacht shop before going back home.” Mr. Lee orders the driver as he nods his head and made a right turn.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“What’s taking Taecyeon so long?” Sunmi asks looking around the Swift Sea yacht’s parking lot searching for his presence.

 

“If he doesn’t come for another five minutes we’re going to have to leave him. The heat is beating on us for to long already.” Sunmi whine as Wooyoung put a hand on her shoulder. She was wearing a flopy hat on her head, tan khaki shorts, white boho flowy blouse, with a pair of tan flats. 

 

“Just wait a little bit longer Sunmi-ah.” He tried soothing her as a small gust of wind ruffled his black brown hair.

 

Sunmi sigh knowing that she done it again. Her childlike side comes slipping out, “I’m sorry Youngie. I’ve let my childlike side come out again.” Sunmi apologize looking down at the pure blue water of the sea.

 

“It’s okay Sunmi I still love you.” He replied which made Sunmi blush. His sweet words always make her blush.

 

“Ah, here comes Taecyeon oppa!” Sohee yelled pointing with her finger. The rest of the group looked towards where she was pointing, they saw a figure running towards there yacht.

 

“About time you came!” Sunmi yelled at him playfully as Taecyeon got on the yacht out of breath. She could see a bit of sweat on his forehead.

 

“Sorry, had a hard time searching for your yacht.” Taecyeon replied pointing to the row of yacht parked along side there’s.

 

“Here oppa” Sohee handed him a bottle of water.  Opening it Taecyeon dranked half of the water bottle “here’s the clothes that Mr. Horvejukel kindly lend you.” Sohee put out her hand that was holding a bag of clothes.

 

“Thanks Sohee,” Taecyeon looked at her and gave her a sweet smile “I just hope it fits.” Nichkhun look from Taecyeon to Sohee. Something was between these two and he didn’t like it one bit.

 

“Let’s get the boat moving!” Ye Eun cheerfully said as Sunmi agreed with her unni.

 

Soon enough the yacht started moving towards the outer sea with the sun shining down on them stronger than before.

 

“So does Miss Anh always call you oppa?” Nichkhun asks Taecyeon as he settled down beside him on the deck of the yacht. Taecyeon was laying down on his seat tanning when he was interrupted by a man wearing a pair of sunglasses.

 

“What?” Taecyeon asks sitting up straight and squinted his eyes adjusting to the light.

 

“Does Miss Anh always call you oppa?” Nichkhun repeated his question. He looked at Sohee who was busy talking to Sunmi. Taecyeon looked towards Sohee as well and answered.

 

“No not until four or five months ago.”

 

“Why?”

 

“She liked me.”

 

Hearing this news Nichkhun eyes widen and he turned his attention to the man he was sitting beside. “She likes you?”

 

“Liked, use to like me but we settle that matter. We treat each other as brother and sister.” Turning to look at Nichkhun he raised his eyebrows in queston. “Do you like her?”

 

“Me? Psssh ….I......hah I-” Nichkhun stumbling with his words and sentence was cut off.

 

“You do.” Taecyeon simply stated as he watched his friends gaze fall down to the floor.

 

“Yes I do.” Nichkhun simply and quietly acknowledge. Feeling Taecyeon pat his back gave him permission to chase after her.

 

“She may be a quiet girl, but she’s very fun to hang around.” Taecyeon added and lay back down on his seat. “Now I’m going back to my tanning if you will excuse me.”

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“Sohee-ah what do you think about Nichkhun?” Sunmi asks as they where sitting at the deck of the table drinking lemonade. 

 

“He’s very sweet and kind.” Sohee replies as his face flash in her mind that made her blush.

 

“You can’t fool me! Your cheeks are turning pink when I mentioned his name.” Sunmi tease smiling.

 

“What are you guys talking about?” Nichkhun sat down beside them with a smile.

 

“Nothing,” Sunmi causally said as Sohee thanked her silently for not letting him know their past conversation “but I do believe I need to tell Youngie to stop the yacht here so it wouldn’t be to far off sea. You two talk for now.”

 

Sohee curse Sunmi under her breath for leaving her alone with Nichkhun.

 

“So how are you enjoying your day Miss Anh?” Nichkhun tried to start a conversation asks.

 

“I am very much enjoying it. Thank you.” She manages to reply and said only that. Silence came between them until Sunmi came back with a smile on her face.

 

“So what did you two talk about while I was gone?”

 

“How my day was.” Sohee said as she saw Sunmi with a small frown but quickly hid it away.

 

“We should play a game.” Sunmi suggested, as she got everyone to gather around they decided to pair up.

 

“I’ll pair up with Taecyeon!” Ye Eun said standing beside Taecyeon where they both gave each other a high five.

 

“Sunmi?” Wooyoung asks as Sunmi smiled and stood beside him.

 

“So this leaves Nichkhun and Sohee as partners.” Ye Eun smiled and said. Both Nichkhun and Sohee greeted each other formerly without meeting each other’s eyes. The rest of the group just wished they will know each other affections towards one another already.

 

“What game should we play?” Sunmi asks everyone.

 

“Sunmi-ah we thought you had a game in mind already?” Ye Eun ask confused. Sunmi guilty scratched her head and apologized.

 

“Alright then how about playing some obstacles like in that old reality show Love Letter?” Ye Eun suggested as most of them agreed on it.

 

“So here’s the challenge, we have found these two floating mat somewhat like in Love Letter, two group is suppose to stay on there mat and try to push the other opponent off but you must not get yourself off or else you are elimanted. Taecyeon has poked a hole between these mats and tied them with a string attaching it to the yacht so you guys wouldn’t go off somwhere. It is up to you guys to get to your opponent though. Understand?” Ye Eun ask wth everyone nodding their head.

 

“Ye Eun unni is very good at making games.” Sunmi whispers into Sohee’s ears who giggled silently. All the guys and girls had changed into their swim suits and trunks before setting of to sea long ago.

 

“Let’s rock paper scissor then and see who’s going first!” Ye Eun yell who was excited to play.

 

“Ladies can do this.” Taecyeon added as the girls started looking at the guys expecting them to do the rock paper scissors.

 

The result was Ye Eun and Taecyeon vs Sunmi and Wooyoung first. As Sohee watched the two groups get ready on their mat Nichkhun stood besides her watching. The match was fairly good that came down between Taecyeon and Sunmi only on the mat.

 

“Enjoying the view from here?” Ye Eun ask Sohee standing beside her. Her hair was dripping wet as with her clothes.

 

“Yah Monkey, get off the mat already!” Sunmi yelled across to her opponent.

 

“That’s not going to happen.” Taecyeon replied and lay on his back closing his eyes relaxing. Just then both there mat touched and Sunmi who took a brave chance got on Taecyeon’s mat and pushed him down to the water before he had time to react.

 

“Team Sunmi and Wooyoung wins!” Ye Eun shouted laughing. Both Taecyeon getting on the yacht once more was wet and looked at Nichkhun and Sohee.

 

“You guys are against them next.” Taecyeon said with a smile. “Good luck!”

 

As a new match begins Sohee began to become nervous. She looked at Nichkhun who looked at their opponent seriously then he turned to look at her. Their eyes met and he smile giving her his angelic smile.

 

“Don’t worry we’ll win for sure.” With that said the game began. Sunmi was eliminated by Nichkhun leaving only Wooyoung.

 

“Stay here on the mat Sohee.”

 

Sohee was shock as he jumped on to the other mat and made it, but she was more shock as he called her by her name the first time since today. A fun wrestles occured on the mat of Wooyoung and ended when Nichkhun pushed Wooyoung off.

 

“Game over! Team Sohee and Nickhun is the winner of this match!” Ye Eun yelled as Sunmi clapped her hands and help Wooyoung up on the yacht. Sohee laughed getting off the mat into the water and back to the yacht. As she was getting up Nichkhun handed her his hand, she smiled at him and let him help her up.

 

The day soon pass and night falled as the group got in their cars and drove back to the mansion.

 

“Today was fun!” Ye Eun yelled up to the sky as she got out of the car. Sunmi laughed as she holds Wooyoung’s hand. Taecyeon got out of car and walked along side the couple and began to chat with them. Last but not least were Nichkhn who helped Sohee out the car. They walk along side each other in silence to the mansion.

 

“Today was fun.” Nichkhun said stuffing his hands in his jeans front pockets.

 

“It was.” Sohee said and looked down at the ground. “You called me by my first name once during the game.”

 

“I did?” Nichkhun asks not remembering. He stops walking as she did as well and they both looked each other. “I’m sorry if that made you uncomfortable.”

 

Sohee shook her head and smiled gathering her courage, “It was nice how you called me by my first name Nichkhun.”

He smiled as she called him by his first name as well. “It’s nice meeting you Sohee.” He took out his hand for a hand shake. She accepted it and shook it with a smile spreading across her face. How lovely it was to see those two finally having a relationship developing the group ahead thought as they spied on them.

 

“How long do you think it will take Nichkhun to ask her out?” Wooyoung ask the group who thought about it.

 

“I’m guessing a month.” Ye Eun said. They began to walk once more towards the mansion with Nichkhun and Sohee following behind once more.

 

“Nah, I say a week or two from how he acted towards Sunmi.” Taecyeon said earning a smack on the arm by her.

 

“I agree with Ye Eun since this time it’s different. I believe he really likes her and I would love to see these two together.” Sunmi said with a smile and looked up at the night sky.

 

----------------------------------------------------

OH MY.........it has been forever since I've updated!!! I hope I didn't lose readers if I did I am totally sad, but it is my own fault for never keeping the story updated in a regular pace. I've typed up the last story since I orignally wanted it to end it anyways, but never gotten to do. The last chapter I will update it very soon after this one! I hope you guys enjoy this chapter that is silghtly longer than the rest (: <3