Chapter 7: Reunited

The Song in My Heart

            We enter through the revolving hotel doors and into the lobby once again, and I hesitate in surprise as Yoseob diverts away from the side elevators and instead towards a cart with a lady selling flowers farther down the lobby. The sign propped up beside her reads: "Flowers on Sale. Today Only!" I follow closely behind him, watching his turned back make its way to the display of rainbow-colored flowers.

            “What are these for?” I later ask, staring at an assorted bouquet in his hand as he pays.

            “For IU," he replies with a small smile, tugging the white ribbon tighter around it.

            In a few moments, we're heading up in the elevator and exiting onto B2ST’s floor. Voices can be heard inside the room, and Yoseob unlocks the door, pushing it open with his free hand. I barely make my way through the doorway when…

            “IU!”

            “Yoseob! Annyeong,” a soft voice replies happily…undoubtedly IU’s. I just manage to spot him running up to her with the flowers and giving her a friendly hug. A little bit of envy hits me, but I ignore it. I catch a glimpse of her pretty face over his shoulder…so pale and pure. Her big eyes sparkle with joy, and I realize that she has her Good Day music video look about her.

            “How have you been? Was your flight okay?” Yoseob asks curiously, offering her the flowers.

            She takes them graciously. “Gomaweo! Long flight but worth it. I’m doing great, you?” Just then, her eyes flick over to mine and widen innocently. “Who's this…?”

            Yoseob turns to me. “Ah, this is Lee Suhyun. A fan we met at the concert.”

            I smile and bow respectfully. “Annyeonghaseyo, it’s a pleasure to meet you.”

            Her laugh rings like a jingle bell throughout the room, surprising me a bit. Did I say something funny? “You too," she answers.

            Doojoon’s muffled voice sounds from a nearby bedroom. “It’s around lunchtime. Shall we get going?”

            “Neh.” Several of the B2ST members shrug on coats and start tying their shoelaces. I suddenly feel out of place.

            “I better get going, you guys. Thanks for everything, Yoseob!” I say a little too quickly as I turn to leave.

            Hyunseung stops shoving his arm into the sleeve of his coat. “Oh, you’re leaving? Come with us for lunch. We heard the bulgogi is to die fo-” His stomach suddenly gives a loud rumble, practically echoing off the walls. Dongwoon's eyes turn huge, while Gikwang begins to shake with laughter.

            I grin but politely decline the offer. “No, thank you. I’ve got classes today. Mianhae."

            “Aww,” Dongwoon whines. “Good luck. At least until we see you again.”

            “Bye for now, Suhyun-sshi.” Yoseob glances at me with a smile. “We’ll see you later, right?”

            I smile back, giving one last nod and wave, and lose sight of him when the door closes behind me.

Two Days Later

            “Can you believe it?? This isn’t real...I’m dreaming, right? Tell me I’m dreaming…wait don’t tell me. This is the best thing that’s ever happened to me!” I giggle and hug my books tight to my chest while walking along the pavement, the university finally coming into view. A couple days have already passed since Christmas. And three days since my first encounter with Yoseob.

            “Yah, are you sure you’re not making all of this up?” Taeyang asks skeptically. Typical of my best friend. We’ve known each other since elementary, have grown up together in this town, and he’s probably—no he is—the closest person to me. The one who knows me best.

            I glance sideways at him with a pout, and his eyes curve upward, amused. Darn it. I swear, his eye smile can do wonders. I nudge him, and he does the same back.

            Soon enough, we're climbing the stairs and passing through the open university doors, going our separate ways. The usual routine.

Early Evening

            The professor’s voice rebounds in my head mercilessly as I scribble down the words exploding from his mouth. “You’re dismissed.” I hastily pick up my scattered papers and shut my textbook. Phew, what a day...

            “Yah, Suhyun-ah!” Outside, Taeyang dashes down the university’s front steps to meet me at the bottom. “School was tiring. Let’s go to the arcade! Maybe see a movie?”

            I stare at him incredulously. “But…but…we have exams this week. Don’t you have to study?”

            “Of course I’ll study. But the point is that you’ve been studying for these exams nonstop for months, and you need a small break. I won’t let you burn yourself out at the last minute.”

            I wish it wasn't so hard to say no to Taeyang. Finally I sigh, defeated, and glance at him curiously. “Where to?”


Mianhae! :O I accidentally hid Chapter 6, so it skipped from Chapter 5 to Chapter 7. Sorry for the confusion to those of you who read >.< It's all fixed now. Hope you enjoyed the update! Taeyang has joined the party :D