Chapter 20: Night Out

The Song in My Heart

A/N: Thank you SeobieLub and B2UTifulPANDASONE for subscribing!! I've been gaining more lately, so hope you'll love this longer update. Also, my story has hit over 400 views! :D Thank you everyone who has been keeping up with this story, and welcome to any new readers out there xD Enjoyyy


Suhyun POV:

 

            I stare at my shoes while making my way home from school. Yoseob’s bright and smiling face bounces around in my head, but Taeyang’s and IU's keep shadowing it, his hurtful words echoing over and over and her dark eyes piercing into my brain. Ughh...

            “Aish! I’m going crazy.” I knock my head with my fist and continue my way down the sidewalk. A giant white poster catches my eye, attached flat to a shop window. It reads:

 

~Charity Carnival~

Where: Town Square – Jung Shopping Center

When: Tonight @ 7-10 pm

Help raise money for cancer patients! Tickets only $5 each

*Special Performance by B2ST*

 

            “Omo omo…” A smile unknowingly spreads across my face, and I pull out my phone. “Yang Yoseob…Yang Yoseob…” I repeat, scrolling through my contacts.

            A few moments later, his familiar voice fills my ear, and my heart instinctively jumps at the mere sound of it. “Yeoboseyo?”

            “Yoseob-ah!” I shout enthusiastically. I tend to do that a lot.

            “Suhyun-ah?? Are you okay?”

            “Mian, I just saw a poster for the carnival tonight. I didn’t know you’ll be performing.”

            I can sense a smile at the other end. “Ah…We are...Come and support, okay?”

            “Araseo,” I reply. Before I can say anything more, I hear another voice in the background on his end of the line.

            After Yoseob and the other voice - was that Doojoon? - have a quick conversation, he returns to the phone. “Suhyun-ah?”

            “Neh?”

            “Do you want to come with us for dinner? We’re leaving in a little bit and going to the carnival right after we eat.”

            My stomach does a flip. “Jeongmal? Sure, sounds great.”

            “Okay, can you come by in around half an hour?”

 

            As soon as we both hang up, I decide to pick up some snacks for everyone at the coffee shop. The bell chimes as I enter, and Mr. Kim immediately glances up from behind the counter.

            “Suhyun! What a surprise,” he greets warmly, like always. Mr. Kim is like a second father to me.

            “Annyeonghaseyo! How’s the shop holding up?”

            “It’s okay. But the more customers, the better, right?”

            I smile. “Of course…" My eyes slowly wander to the bread sitting behind the glass case. "Oh, do you mind if I pick up a few items?”

            He gestures with his hand over the entire display. “Anything you’d like.”

            My eyes scan over the different breads, and I point out random ones, since I don’t know what B2ST would want. Although, considering their constant appetite, I suppose they’d eat anything.

            “Mmm…I’ll take two red bean, two white bean, and two custard.”

            He chuckles as he starts stuffing them into a bag. “Hungry today, aren’t we?”

            I look up at him with an amused expression. “Aniyo, they’re for B2ST. You know, the Kpop boy band?”

            “Ah, really? You know them, eh?” After a moment’s hesitation, he winks and asks while leaning in close, “But does a certain one of them catch your eye?”

            My cheeks turn a dark shade of red. “Ani! I mean…well…uh…” I mumble, my eyes frantically searching the ground. Oh look, a penny!

            His loud laugh suddenly makes me jump, and he pats my back. “Get on out of here. You’ll come back and visit soon, right?”

            I snap out of it and give a genuine smile. “I will.” After claiming my bag from Mr. Kim, I head out for the hotel.

 

            When I eventually find myself standing outside of their room, I take a deep breath and quickly knock.

            The door opens to reveal…Hyunseung.

            “Suhyun!” He squeezes me in a tight hug, and my breath catches in my throat.

            “Can’t…breathe…” I choke out.

            “Sorry.” He lets go and gives me a big dorky smile. “What’s up?”

            “Suhyun-ah?” A voice behind him catches my attention.

            My cheeks grow warm when I spot Yoseob. He gently nudges Hyunseung aside and takes my arm, leading me into the room. “We’re leaving soon.”

            “Okay,” I reply, looking around to see B2ST tying their shoes and shrugging on their coats. I suddenly remember the bag in my hands. “Oh uh…”

            Yoseob turns around and spots it as well. “What’s that?”

            I hold it out to him. “Some sweet bread I bought from the coffee shop. For B2ST.”

            Junhyung, Dongwoon, and Hyunseung immediately come rushing - or more like diving - toward us from all directions, their stomachs growling like a bunch of lions. “D-did you say sweet bread?” their voices chorus simultaneously.

            Yoseob digs into the bag and pulls all six of them out, spreading them across a table. Hyunseung points at each person in the room and counts. “Five…six…seven…”

            Junhyung’s eyes widen. “Y-yah…one of us can’t have one."

            Gikwang comes over and takes the six plastic-wrapped breads into his arms. “And that person is Dongwoon.”

            Dongwoon snatches them out of his hands. “Yah!" He suddenly pouts. "Hyung, I want one.”

            “Me too!”

            “Stop! I want the red bean!”

            “Give me that!”

            "ANDWAEEEE!"

            Yoseob and I watch in amusement as the other five tug on the bread. I finally feel pity and shout over their voices, “Yah, I only got enough for you guys! Each of you can have one.”

            Their faces flush with embarrassment, and some of them mutter, “Gomaweo…” I laugh. I never knew they could be so childish.

 

            Finally, we’re all ready to go, and I walk out of the hotel with all of B2ST. Junhyung, Dongwoon, and Hyunseung munch happily on their bread, while Doojoon and Gikwang follow behind them, shaking their heads with smirks on their faces. Yoseob is beside me and softly nudges me with his elbow. When I shift my attention to him, he tears his bread in half and offers me the bigger piece.

            “Oh…” Before I can object, he takes my hand and places it in my palm. There’s something in his eyes that stops the words from leaving my mouth. Something sweet about his touch. I don’t mind him having his way, so I just smile the rest of our walk.