Chapter 25: Tying Loose Ends

The Song in My Heart

A/N: Cute chapter below :3 Come on, readers, we're rounding down with the story D: Literally, there are only a couple chapters left now. Please subscribe to make this author (me) happy as heck :) With this update, I'd really like to make it a goal of gaining a subscriber or hitting 600 views. Let's do this, readers!~ Hwaiting!


Suhyun POV:

 

            I hum a melody to myself as I steadily dust my room. The sunlight brightens everything up, signaling that it’s one of those rare but beautiful winter days. My hair is loosely tied up in a messy ponytail, and as soon as I finish cleaning the last picture frame on my dresser I brush off the accumulated dust on my shirt.

            “Phew, that took forever,” I mumble. I slowly sit down on my bed and stare at the wall absentmindedly. It’s been a few days since I last saw Yoseob. My cheeks burn up immediately at the thought of us. I shake my head to clear it and just end up smiling to myself and sitting there in Happyland for a few moments.

            “Amuri saenggakhae do maldo andwae bad girl…” My deafening ringtone startles me in the silence.

            “Yeoboseyo?”

            “I like you the best, and I only need you...I'm going to engrave you in my heart...You're the most important in my life,” Yoseob sings through the phone, his voice instantly melting me into blushing goo.

            I can’t help but smile like a dork, but I force a straight face. “Yah, Yang Yoseob! You’re so cheesy.” He doesn’t reply, but I know that he can sense me teasing him. “Gomaweo,” I add in quietly.

            “Aish…” he says amusedly. “I was going to tell you…to come quick. Hurry!!”

            “Wae-?” I start, but my phone beeps when he hangs up. What the...? Is there something wrong??

 

            Five minutes later, I’m exiting the elevator on the correct floor and racing down the hallway toward B2ST’s room. However, as soon as I turn the corner, I smack right into someone.

            “I-IU??”

            She glances up at me with a tired expression. “Suhyun-sshi…” Her voice is quiet.

            We continue to stare at each other, expecting the other to say something. I finally crack. “How have you been…?”

            “Okay.” Her facial expression slowly changes to semi-guilty, semi-innocent. How does she manage that? “Mianhae.”

            Huh? For what?

            “About everything. About lying. About faking it in front of everyone. Mianhae.”

            Why is she saying this to me? A mental image of her giving Yoseob the charm pops into my head. Inside, I know partially what she means, but I hide any realization.  “What are you talking about?” My boots shift uneasily.

            She stays silent for a while before the words finally force their way out of her. She practically blurts everything. “I knew that my birthday gift to Yoseob was really from you. I knew you saw what happened that night. I knew that you honestly thought I loved him, but it was all a lie.”

            Now, understanding is nudging me weakly. Yet my mind’s in a whirl. She leans against the wall hopelessly, and I can’t help but notice that nothing but the truth is displayed on her face right now. She sighs and softly speaks again. “I loved the charm so much when I found it, so I wanted to give it to him since I didn’t know what to get him instead. I didn’t care that the note inside the box said it was from you. To me, you were just a fan trying to be as close as you possibly could with B2ST. And I was jealous that you were getting all the attention from them.” She starts to blush, embarrassed, and I realize that she and B2ST are practically like family.

            She continues, “When Gikwang brought you backstage the night you saw us…I thought you’d be hurt and maybe stop seeing B2ST in person…As for Yoseob, I liked him at first. I really did. And he liked me too. But deep down we were lying to ourselves all along. Because there’s a big part of me that has liked someone else for a long time. Too long. And now I see that Yoseob was interested in someone else too…You, Suhyun-sshi.”

            At this point, I’m at a loss for words. My whole perspective of her has changed. All of this happened because she was jealous?

            “I told him everything. Yoseob, that is…” she murmurs before standing up straight and adjusting her purse over her shoulder. She puts on a smile. “I have to catch a plane...I've finally realized who my heart belongs with." However, her eyes are sad. "This might be the last time I see you. Please be good to Yoseob. Mianhae. Jeongmal mianhae.” She bows her head and turns away without making eye contact. I watch her back as she walks down the hallway before finally snapping out of it. Why am I mad? This whole thing doesn’t even matter anymore. Might as well have some closure…right? She knows she was wrong.

            I clear my throat silently before calling out to her. “IU.” She turns to give me a glance over her shoulder. In her pale face, I can see the regret she was trying to hide. I finally take a deep breath and break the tension. “I forgive you.”

            After a few moments, I spot a ghost of a smile before she turns back and continues on her way. I sigh in satisfaction and walk in the other direction toward my original destination.

 

            Knock, knock.

            “Come in!” a muffled voice shouts through the door. The door’s already open just a crack, so I push it the rest of the way.

            "CHUKKAHAE, SUHYUN-AH!”

            I almost scream and jump back in surprise. The boys are scattered around the room with smiles on their faces. Rainbow-colored balloons cover the ceiling, and music immediately starts filling the air. And, of course, food is piled up on several tables.

            “What’s the occasion?” I finally ask, still confused. Everyone turns to look at something I can’t see, and suddenly Yoseob comes into view. Holding the giant white teddy bear. Oh God, help me before I melt again.

            He smiles and starts to sing while walking towards me...closer and closer. “And when I hear your voice clear in my head, I remember every word you have said. Please give me your hand, and take me away…I’ll love you forever starting today.”

            I gulp and silently curse myself when the tears start to blur my eyes. He holds out the bear to me, and I gently take it with a wobbly smile. As I clutch the bear to my chest for strength to hold his gaze, he quietly whispers to me, “I know what my favorite song to sing is now.” Butterflies are flying crazily in my stomach. My heart is swelling at how sweet this moment is. More tears fall, and I attempt to wipe them all away with the back of my hand.

            Yoseob has this look in his eyes that makes every part of me stay still, as if frozen in time. When I lower my gaze, he lifts my chin and gently forces me to stare at him again. He gives that adorable smile and leans in close. “Suhyun-ah, don’t make it a habit of crying when I want to kiss you.” Before I can even say anything, he pulls me close and brings my lips to his. And that’s when I lose myself. Because nothing else seems to matter anymore. This is the perfect place, the perfect guy, the perfect moment.


A/N: Kyaaaaaa~ >u< Soooo cute :) Don't forget to subscribe! Please please? <3 Remember the goal at the beginning of this chapter, okay?~