Chapter 4: Snowy World

The Song in My Heart

            Hyunseung appears in the doorway. “Sorry to scare you...Junhyung fell off his chair. Too much excitement, you know?” I smile at his words, while Yoseob’s still a bit horrified by dropping my gift. Hyunseung's eyes land on Yoseob's face, and he stares.

            “Yah,” he says. Yoseob doesn’t answer, so he goes up to him and snaps in front of his face. “Yah, what’s gotten into you?” Yoseob remains in his slouched position, staring down into the darkness, his eyebrows scrunched up in worry and hands stuffed in his pockets. I can’t take it anymore. The aegyo, the guilt.

            “Let’s go now. Gaja." I break the silence once again. “We'll look for it.” His face finally brightens up.

            “Jeongmalyo...?” He looks at me with those shining eyes, just now realizing that I've already suggested this before. I nod and stifle a grin before he enthusiastically takes my hand and rushes me through the doorway, ignoring Hyunseung’s muffled cries asking what we’re looking for. My face is undoubtedly flushed from him just touching my hand. For the second time in just a few hours. Ahh, what a night. I giggle to myself like any complete fan would when my thoughts are interrupted by the cold wind hitting me past the lobby doors. Yoseob shivers. I quickly slide off my scarf and offer it to him.

            “Yeogee.” I hold it out, and he glances at the scarf.

            “Aniya, you keep it.” He gently pushes the scarf back to me. I hold it out once again, and he hurriedly waddles away, his winter coat puffy all around him. I laugh and run up to his turned back, wrapping the scarf about five times loosely around his neck. He looks like a tiny penguin, and I burst out laughing while he stares at me over the scarf with his big round eyes.

            I hear a muffled “y-yah” come from him and pretend not to hear as I swiftly walk ahead while he hops after me not far behind. He reaches me eventually but slips on the ice in his hurry and plops into a pile of snow with a soft thud. I smile even more and shout, “Yah, Yang Yoseob! Yah, yah, yah!” while bouncing up and down.

            He yells behind the scarf, “Yah, Lee Suhyun!" But his voice turns cute and quiet as he mutters, "Help me out.” I can't resist looking into his puppy eyes and grabbing his hands. I slowly pull him up, and we carefully make our way to the area we saw the gift drop.

            Yoseob exclaims, “If I don’t find the gift, I’ll buy you one instead.” I shake my head vigorously, but he insists, “I will...And you better be—!” A red blur suddenly bounces off his head from somewhere up above. We look up simultaneously and spot five laughing faces up on the balcony. I double over at how irresistibly cute his angry face is and then feel something bounce off of my own head. As my eyes widen, Yoseob starts smirking at my scrunched-up expression. I glance at the icy floor near our feet and see two bright-red gumdrops.

            “Yum.” I smile and hand him one after inspecting it carefully. He chews it once and swallows.

            He pats his stomach softly with a mitten and sigh, satisfied. “Mashida.”

            I call up to the rest of B2ST. “Are there any more candy canes?” I can still make out the five faces staring down skeptically.

            In a few moments, Yoseob and I are walking through the town, window-shopping, and eating our treats. He’s got his winter hat still pulled down low over his forehead in case of any stray fans. I check my phone's bright screen. “Omo! It’s already 1 in the morning. I should be getting home.”

            Yoseob frowns. “Wae? It’s not that late.” I glance sideways at him in amusement. He speaks up eagerly, “Can we meet later? It was fun today.”

            What? Of course! Anything for you...My thoughts run wild, but I answer calmly instead. So that I don't seem too excited. “Araseo, when and where?”

            He contemplates for a while. “Mmm...Oh! I've got it. Can I see your phone?” I hand it to him. His fingers flash across the keyboard, and he returns it. I spot the new addition to my phone:

 

New Contact

Yah Yang Yoseob

235-129-****

Chingu

 

            “We’ll talk later, okay?” He gives me his priceless smile once more, quickly waves, and disappears. I ruffle the back of my hair. I just had the best time of my life with Yoseob. This is a miracle...a dream come true! How can it get any better than this?


A/N: Totally made up that phone number right there xD Wasn't sure if I should put a random combo for a phone number...Thank you for reading so far~ That must mean you like the story, right? Haha, please comment if you can :D It'd really motivate me. The next couple of chapters will be pretty relaxed and lighthearted, but I'll introduce the other characters after :) Gomaweo...oh, and I use a little Korean throughout, so feel free to ask if you don't understand something.