Chapter 27: Final

The Song in My Heart

A/N: Annyeong, readers! The last chapter :O Dun dun dun...Shout-out to elea563! Thank you for the comments and subscriptions :) Let me know what you thought of this story, guys! Hope you love this last, small update. ;') The actual "Final" after this chapter will probably contain some extra comments from me, and I'll reply to any questions, suggestions, etc. So please feel free to input your thoughts. Kamsahamnida~


Three Months Later

 

            “Suhyun-sshi!”

            I glance up from my scribbling, a list of random ideas on a piece of scrap paper. “Neh?”

            One of my co-workers peeks her head through the half-open door to the studio. “You received a letter in the mail.” I place my pencil down and make my way around the large table with scattered music sheets everywhere across its surface. She holds out the small white envelope to me, and I take it with curiosity before she quietly shuts the door completely. I tuck a loose strand of hair behind my ear and scan over the messy handwriting on the back of the envelope, eventually making out the name.

            “Taeyang...” I whisper before quickly sliding my thumb into the opening and carefully tearing it open. There’s a fresh sheet of lined paper, folded neatly inside. I walk back over to sit down at the table, my eyes still trained on the paper, and continue to pore over the letter in the brightly-lit room for a few minutes. I softly read it to myself but imagine his voice saying every word to me:

 

Suhyun-ah~

 

            Annyeong. How has work treated you over there in Seoul? You’re getting enough sleep, right? Um…I’m not good at writing letters like this since I never had a reason to write one before. But I do now. So I'll try.

            I have to admit that school feels empty now. I was going to call but wasn’t sure how busy you might get. Are you writing some good songs? You better be. Deep inside, you’re not that much of a babo.

 

            “Aish…” I mumble. “Always has to ruin the moment.”

 

            You're wondering how I'm doing now, right? Still studying…Sometimes it gets boring, but I plan on making it into the real world soon. Don’t worry, I’m not letting all these years of college go to waste.

           

            “You better not…”

 

            Okay, I’m kind of putting off the main point of why I’m writing this…I wanted to say, that you were right. About what you told me when you were still here. That you’ll be okay on your own. I’m sure you’ll get the success you deserve, and when you do, I’ll sing in the coffee shop you used to work at until Mr. Kim kicks me out.

 

            I stifle a smile at the amusing mental picture that pops into my head.

 

            Anyways, I’m happy that you’ve finally done it. You’re in the big city now. But I’ll always be thinking of that babo from our small town over here. And you better believe that I’m proud. So remember to work hard even when you hate it. It’ll pay off soon enough. Don’t get sick, though. Make sure you eat a lot, and if B2ST ever tries to steal your food after they come back from their world tour, smack them on their heads. Kidding.

            Thanks, Suhyun-ah…For setting me straight. I think I’m already a better person.

 

            “I never thought you'd admit it,” I say to myself, shaking my head with a grin.

 

            Hwaiting! Be brave out there, young babo~

 

-          Taeyang

 

            I smile, satisfied, and gently lay the piece of paper down on the table. “Hwaiting,” I murmur to myself, putting my fist up and picturing Taeyang doing the same in front of me. I stand up and grab my scraps of paper and pencil along with the letter before exiting the studio and making my way down several long hallways until I’m outside the Cube building.

 

            *With the first flower of spring blooming, I embrace the warmth on my cheek of the April sunrays finally penetrating the clouds. The note is clutched in my hand, with his handwriting. The words are those I plan to read at least a thousand times and can’t stop thinking about over and over again. They are the words that I’ll never forget. I slowly look toward the rising sun and smile because I feel his presence with me, his hand on mine. I can hear him whisper my name.

            I brush my fingers over the small, silver pendants on my favorite necklace. Now they represent the most important people in my life. A treble clef for Yoseob, for being the beautiful melody in my song and for having infinite hope. And the bass clef for Taeyang, for supporting me and being the harmony to my every up and down. I finally realize that they both protected and cared about me more than I thought. Yoseob, thinking about me silently and saving me in time, and Taeyang, shielding me from the sorrow in this world.

            And I know...that this will forever be a moment to remember and always relive...Because together, they're the song in my heart.*


A/N: Wahhh, it's over >.< Hahaha, thank you for successfully reading this entire story, guys :) Remember to subscribe if you loved it, and I'll add more of my thoughts in the "Final". Please take the time to post questions, comments, suggestions, opinions, and I'll definitely reply to them.