Chapter 13: A Shoulder to Cry On

The Song in My Heart

            Lights flash across my eyes, and I can only hear my own footsteps slapping against the cold concrete. My eyes are focused on the ground. Yoseob's and IU's faces keep popping into my head. I hate her...My shoulder suddenly slams into something - hard - causing me to almost fall.

            “Yah! Watch where you’re going.” It can’t be…

            I slowly look up and lock gazes with Taeyang. Without a word, I throw my arms around his waist and cry into his chest.

            His tension slowly fades. “Suhyun-ah? Why are you crying?”

            I sniffle in response. My throat feels closed-up. I croakily reply, “Taeyang-ah...I hate this feeling. This empty feeling.” By now, my voice has cracked and tears have left marks on his shirt.

            He wraps his arms around me tight...tighter than usual. “What happened? I’ll hurt whoever did this to you.” His voice has turned angry.

            “No, don’t…” I force myself to calm down a bit and smile through the tears. “You have no idea how happy I am that you’re here. I was so worried…" I start to sniffle again, "an-and scared because you wouldn’t answer the phone…do you even know how much I missed you?” Right now, it feels like I never actually realized how lonely it was without him. Several tears slide down my cheeks.

            I can sense him smiling, but his voice is slightly sad. “Babo, you shouldn’t be crying over me. Mianhae, I shouldn’t have overreacted…We’re still okay, right?”

            I nod into his chest. “Promise?”

            He hooks his pinky with mine. “Promise. I’ll never leave you again.”

 

            I curl up closer to Taeyang, a blanket wrapped tight around me, as we sit on the couch and stare at the T.V. in my apartment. It feels good and familiar to be in his company again.

            He glances over at me. “Suhyun-ah…”

            I keep my gaze on the screen. “Mmm?”

            “What’s the real reason you were crying in the first place?”

            My stomach drops. Does he know me that well? “It’s nothing. I feel better now, so thanks for coming over…I don’t feel so alone.”

            He stares me down. “No problem, but you still didn’t answer my question.”

            I start feeling uneasy. “Mmm…we’ll talk about it another day.”

            He sighs. “Araseo…”

            I continue to stare at the T.V., but my eyelids eventually become heavy and I stray into dreamland.

 

            “Yoseob!!” I scream his name, and he slowly turns, his expression indifferent.

            His voice comes out clear and cold, “Go away, Suhyun-sshi. Can’t you see you’re in my way?” My voice catches in my throat as I watch on helplessly. Yoseob puts his hand around her neck and brings her in for a soft, gentle kiss.

            “Yoseob!! Don’t leave me! Please don’t."

            My hand reaches out, but my legs are numb and won’t let me move. The two slowly drift farther and farther away as I remain motionless. My voice weakly echoes in my head. Andwae…andwae!!

Taeyang POV:

            My eyes slowly open halfway as I look around sluggishly. Must have drifted off at Suhyun’s apartment. Since we fell asleep early, it's still pitch-black outside. Glancing down to my right, I see her head tipped over on my shoulder. She's sleeping peacefully, so calm and relaxed. I gently brush a strand of hair away from her face. Suddenly her jaw clenches and she tenses up as I watch her worriedly. A tear slips down her face from under her closed eyelashes.

            Caught off-guard, I quickly use my thumb to wipe it away. Her breathing becomes ragged.

            She murmurs in her sleep, “Yoseob…Yoseob…”

            When I make out the name, I finally realize what she was hiding and start shaking with anger. It’s HIM. The one from B2ST. How dare you do this to her! You're dead!


A/N: Taeyang's super angry now :O Exciting scene coming up next~ Oh, wanted to give a shout-out to my 4th subscriber britt29able1. Sorry it took a while. Love you guys! Thank you so much to everyone who has gotten this far ;D