Chapter 11: For Yoseob

The Song in My Heart

A/N: Sorry for a shorter chapter :/ Some drama in the next chapter though! Please look forward to it ^.^ IU has a short POV at the end of this chapter~           


            Two days later, on a Saturday morning, B2ST’s Fiction fills up my room, compelling me to sing along.

            “Neol butjabeulge, fiction…fiction…” Not long ago I was doing the same thing, completely unaware I’d ever meet the owner of this beautiful voice. My mind snaps back to the present. Taeyang hasn’t answered any of my calls…Maybe I should give him more time. What he said New Year’s Eve over the phone, though, was a bruise to the heart. Hearing my longtime friend say that about me…I’ll never make that mistake again. I sigh and continue cleaning out my closet boxes for the new year. My old piano pieces are piled up, from classical to modern. I flip through some of them, smiling and listening to them in my head.

            I’m about to neatly place them back, when a flash of blue catches my eye. I slowly pull out several pages of a piano composition I created a couple years ago. I must’ve forgotten it by now. I can make out the thin, wispy notes I jotted down at the time, writing quickly as I thought them up. The title at the top, in big, bold letters reads: For Yoseob. Even back then, I was still crazy about him. Standing up, I make my way to the keyboard in the corner of my room and carefully balance the piece upright. I sit down and clear off the accumulated dust on the keys. With all the craziness at school, I haven’t practiced in a while.

            I’m fairly confident when it comes to sight-reading, so I steadily play through it, and feel pure happiness. Memories rush back. Of me writing in my journal every day, ranting about B2ST because no one else would listen. Of me sitting at my computer with dreamy eyes, watching music videos one after the other, just wishing I could one day see them in real life. Just picturing myself seeing Yoseob in a spotlight seemed surreal. And it seems as if overnight, my dream came true. But...what can I look forward to now? What happens when B2ST leaves? Will I be a forgotten fan in this small town?

            My stream of consciousness ends when I finish playing through the piece. My eyes scan through the first page and catch on two small, written words at the bottom. January 5th. The date I completed this…and Yoseob’s birthday. His birthday?! My fingers unconsciously slam the keys in shock. Snap, his birthday's on Monday. What am I going to get him? I stare in front of me, in a daze, when I realize that his gift is right here. I immediately grab a pen and begin writing words in between the notes.

IU POV:

            “Namjachinguga saenggimyeon hago shipdeon…” Wandering around outside the hotel, I relentlessly practice my lines, staring at the sheet of paper in my hands. I can’t wait for our duet. It’ll be so romantic! I accidentally brush by something, and it skids across the ground. Curious, I reach down and inspect it.

            “IU.” Yoseob approaches me from the hotel entrance, and I quickly shove the object into my pocket. “Hey,” he says. “Practicing the song?”

            “Annyeong, oppa! And of course I am.” I smile back at him. He’s so cute...

            “Mind if I practice with you?” He smiles, and I’m trapped in his aegyo once again. I nod eagerly.

            As he walks closer to me, his eyes look deep into mine. “Yeojachinguga saenggimyeon hago shipdeonil naegado manha…”

            A sudden pang of fear hits my heart. Yoseob stops. “Gwenchanah?”

            I stare at the ground worriedly. “Oppa…what if your fans get upset because of our duet? What if they guess the truth?”

            Without warning, he embraces me in a gentle but reassuring hug. I breathe in his scent and feel comforted by his warmth. He whispers, “I won’t ever let you hurt because of me. I’ll protect you. I promise.”

            I wrap my arms around him with a smile. "I love you, oppa." The words linger in the air uncertainly.

            “I love you more.”


A/N: Please feel free to comment or subscribe! I'd really appreciate it :D