Chapter 5: Just Us

The Song in My Heart

            The following morning, blinding sunlight pierces through my thin curtains, and my eyes instinctively shut tighter. It’s too late, I’m already awake. I groggily glance at my blurry alarm clock. 10:23. Still half-asleep, I sit up in bed and stretch my arms out with a yawn. Suddenly, it hits me. Yoseob. Was it all a dream? In a flash, I snatch my phone from the nightstand, now 100% awake, and scroll through my contacts. There it is. Yah Yang Yoseob.

            I smile at the memory. It really was all real. I clutch my phone tight to my chest and literally leap out of bed. Practically sprinting across the room, I yank out clothes from the closet only to reject them by tossing them onto the bed. What to wear? I’m going to see him. Not as The Yang Yoseob but just Yoseob — the one who, under all of that fame and talent, is as sweet and true as can be.

            I finally settle halfheartedly on a casual dress and jean jacket. Nothing in my closet’s good enough, but this will have to do. I decide to leave my hair down today and flop onto my bed. Whipping out my phone, I smile when I highlight Yoseob’s number.

            After a few moments of listening intently to a couple rings, a familiar voice on the other end of the line answers...“Yeoboseyo?”

            I reply happily, “Annyeong, Yoseob-sshi! It’s Lee Suhyun. From yesterday?” I can sense a grin form on his face over the phone.

            “Ah, Suhyun-sshi! I was wondering when you would call today.”

            I unconsciously play with the hem of my dress. “Mianhae, I woke up late.”

            “Gwenchanah,” Yoseob reassures. “You need your rest." After a slight pause he asks, "So, you know the ice rink downtown, right?”

            “Yeh, waeyo?”

            “Would you like to go with me to skate soon...? Mian, it’s kind of late notice. Just thought it'd be fun.”

            I nod enthusiastically.

            There’s a pause. “Yeoboseyo…?”

            “Oh! Okay, sounds great!” I stifle a wide smile.

            He gives a subtle sigh. Is that relief in his voice? “Do you want to come by the hotel? I’ll tell the lobby to send you up.”

            “Araseo...see you soon, Yah Yang Yoseob.”

            I hear a bright laugh, and then he hangs up.

 

            Ten minutes later, I’m standing before the Han Hotel's revolving doors. They were never this intimidating before... I take a deep breath and march right inside, softly clearing my throat at the front desk. I speak quietly so that no one will overhear. “Annyeonghaseyo, I’m here to see Yang Yoseob. Lee Suhyun eebnida.” The lady behind the counter checks her computer.

            “Yang Yoseob gave the name Yah Lee Suhyun. That’s you?” I blush in surprise and nod. After a quick phone call, she allows me to go. Smiling to myself all the way to the top, I eventually exit the elevator on the correct floor, and in a few moments I find myself in front of their door yet again. Yikes. I smooth my hair and finally lift my hand to knock. Before I can, however, the door opens, and I’m face-to-face with Yoseob once again.

            He smiles. “Suhyun-sshi, you came!”

            I smile back. “Of course I did. And the name’s Yah Lee Suhyun.” The edges of his lips curve up mischievously, and his warm eyes captivate me for the millionth time. Before I realize it, everything’s dark in the blink of an eye, and I hear Yoseob’s muffled laugh. My Christmas scarf slowly slips off my face.

            “Mianhae, I forgot to give it back. We’re going ice skating, so it’ll be cold.”

            “No, you should wear it. See?” I point to a mini scarf under my jacket. “I’ve got a back-up.” Yoseob moves closer, and my heartbeat becomes uneven. Suddenly, he wraps my original Christmas scarf around my neck about...five times in half a second? My eyes peek out of the heap on my head, and Yoseob’s face is priceless with his dimples more prominent. He immediately pulls out a winter beanie from behind him.

            “Jjan!” He pulls it over his head, but I pull it down over his eyes.

            “Gaja,” I hurriedly say with a smile that he can't see. I take both of his arms and pull him out of the doorway with his eyes still covered.

            “Yah…yah!” he shouts while stumbling blindly to the elevator.

            I let go and follow behind him, entertained, as I cheer, “Go Yoseob!”

            He spins around 360 degrees, hits smack into the elevator doors, and falls backwards, flattening me close behind. “O...mo…” I groan.

            He lifts the beanie from his eyes, takes everything in, and bursts out laughing. “That’s what you get! Ahahaha!” His face is too adorable for me to handle. How can I possibly get mad? Not in a million years...

            I pound him with my fists, and he helps me up. “Aish..!” I mutter, bumping his covered forehead lightly with my fist, having to reach up to get at it.

            When we make it outside in the morning's winter breeze, he takes my hand for the third time and leads me towards the coffee shop.

            “Hot chocolate? My treat," he offers sweetly.

            “Yummy, my favorite...gomaweo,” I reply, and we head into the shop together.


Thank you to my first three subscribers ^.^ Just wanted to give a shout-out to KoreanPop, FanyLovesPink, and Joann926. Even though it's not much, three subscribers in two days is amazing to me! :D Hope you guys are enjoying the story, and I'm waiting for more comments to let me know how I'm doing :) Please...Haha, be sure to keep up with this story because it gets better!