Chapter 16: Shock

The Song in My Heart

A/N: Annyeong, reader!~ Shortie chapter here, and it'll start off with a mini POV of the one and only Yang Yoseob ^.^ Not much drama in this and the next chapter, since I wanna take a break from that. Plus, you guys like the sweet happy stuff too, right? :D


Yoseob POV:

 

            The late afternoon sunlight is penetrating the curtains when my phone beeps, signaling a text message. I pull it out of my jeans pocket and check the now-bright screen.

 

New Message from IU:

Oppaaa~ Almost done with the music video shoot for today. Let's get something to eat after I'm done! <3

 

            I reply with an 'okay' and walk over to turn on the bathroom sink when…“Yoseob-ah!” Junhyung calls from the front area of our room. “One of our staff came by and dropped off some papers. They have your name on it.”

            “Jamgaman,” I call back while quickly washing my face before heading over to his voice. As I leave the bedroom, I immediately spot him holding out some blue papers to me. I take them, and my eyes scan over the familiar music sheets. My eyebrows eventually scrunch together, and a puzzled expression comes over my face.

            “What is it?” Junhyung comes to stand next to me and look over my shoulder. “They found those backstage…I think someone left them there.”

            “Yeh, I’ve seen them already..." I mutter in confusion, "but I don’t know who wrote them…” I turn them over, and my eyes widen when I see a signature and date on the back of the last page. Lee Suhyun 1/5/10. I snatch my phone from the side table in the bedroom where I left it and find her number. A few moments pass…

            “Yeoboseyo?” The voice isn't its normal cheery tone today. She must be tired.

            “Suhyun-ah? Annyeong. You’re done with classes today, right? Do you mind coming over? I need to talk to you about something.”

            There’s a slight pause. “Ah…Yoseob. No problem...I’ll be over soon.”

            I smile. “Great. See you then!”

 

Suhyun POV:

 

            As I inch closer and closer to the front doors of the hotel, my hands begin to shake and freeze up. I sigh. I'm going crazy...What am I so worried about anyway? It’s not like he knows about anything. Exactly, he doesn’t know about anything that happened last night…

            A couple minutes later, I eventually have my hand up to knock against B2ST’s door. My fist slowly taps a few times, and I wait with my head down. I didn’t know my boots were so fascinating…

            There’s a click. “Suhyun-ah.” Yoseob greets me cheerfully. I still can't help but melt at the sound of his voice saying my name.

            I look up at him standing in the doorway and force a smile back. “Yoseob! How are you d-?” I cut myself off mid-sentence, and my eyes widen. “Omo! What happened to you?” I feel fear rush through me and unconsciously brush my thumb over his bruised cheek.

            He takes my hand and brings it down gently. “Ah…don’t worry about it. Come on in, the rest of B2ST is out, having a look around the town.” Before I can protest, he takes me by the hand inside and closes the door. He turns with a mischievous shine in his eyes. “So, I found these…” He shows me several blue papers, and my heart stops when I realize that they’re the song sheets I wrote. “Have you seen them before?”

            I uneasily shift my feet and shake my head a little too quickly. “Aniya,” I say with a nervous laugh. Aish, why am I such a horrible liar?

            He raises an eyebrow, and a grin plays on the edge of his lips. “Jeongmal? Because I happened to see your signature on the back…” He flips the sheets over teasingly and is about to check the writing.

            My heart flutters, and I blurt out what pops into my head. “U-uh…oh those! Thanks, Yoseob, I’ve been looking everywhere for them!” I gently take the sheets back from his hands and hold them against my chest, a blush probably covering my entire face.

            “Not so fast." Yoseob crosses his arms cutely. “Did you write it for me, Suhyun-ah?” My eyes can’t stop staring into his dark, round ones. For some reason, I convince myself that I could never lie to such a direct question being asked. Especially to someone so important to me.

            Defeated, I finally reply with a quiet “yeh.”

            “Can you play it for me?”

            Wait, what? How did I not guess he would ask...? I immediately start to mentally freak out. He wants me to play it right now?? What if it’s not what he expects? What if I mess up? Well, I was going to play it for him before, but I’m not mentally prepared right now! Definitely not what I had in mind...

            “Please…?” He smiles so innocently, that the thoughts scatter from my head.

            “Huh?” I'm stuck in his gaze, and I nod without thinking. Did I just agree to this??

            The now-relieved Yoseob eagerly leads me to the piano Doojoon played on during the New Year’s Eve party. Oh God. This is it.