Chapter 15: The Truth

The Song in My Heart

A/N: This story has hit over 300 views! :D Thank you to all readers out there :) 300's pretty big, so I really appreciate you guys who gave this one a chance. *Bows* Kamsahamnida!!~


Suhyun POV:

 

            I roll over and groan, slowly opening my eyes to observe my apartment surroundings. It’s still dark, so it must be the middle of the night. I groggily get up from the couch and make my way to the kitchen for a cup of water. Then it hits me. Yoseob…IU…Taeyang…wait, where’s Taeyang? I look around confused and assume he must have left on his own. Suddenly, a loud slam of the front door jolts me fully awake. I automatically shriek at the sound and slowly investigate by peeking around the corner of the wall, sure to first grab a wooden spoon from the counter for defense. There’s Taeyang, his hands stuffed in the pockets of his black winter jacket, glaring down at the ground as he enters the kitchen.

            My hand instinctively slaps his arm - lightly. “Yah! You scared me! Why’d you slam the door? Where were you?” I ask him a bazillion questions, but he doesn’t reply and just stands still, only the right side of his shadowy face visible.

            “Taeyang? You okay?” I reach out for his wrist, but he instantly pulls his hand out and grabs onto mine instead, his grip firm.

            His eyes glitter coldly in the darkness. “What did he do to you?" His voice is scary. I've never heard him like this before.

            I stutter, “What are you talking about? Taeyang, you’re-you’re scaring me.”

            He shouts, and my heart jumps. “What did Yang Yoseob do to you?!!”

            My eyes widen, and my hand starts to shake. “It-it was nothing…He didn’t do anything…”

            “Don’t lie,” he says menacingly, and his grip tightens.

            “Yah! Taeyang, you’re hurting me!”

            At these words, his eyes lose their tension and he lets go. I rub my wrist. “How did you find out about Yoseob?” My voice is quivering.

            He mutters, “You've only talked about him your whole life. Plus...you said his name…in your sleep.” He walks towards the couch and keeps his head low as he slowly sits down and stays motionless. I sigh and make my way over, sitting down next to him. My eyes focus on the opposite wall. Just get straight to the point.

            “Yoseob is in love with IU,” I murmur in the silence, my eyes unblinking and dazed. At this, Taeyang stirs a little but keeps quiet. “The charm I was going to give him for Christmas…he lost it. And IU found it and gave it to him instead.” I can feel him staring at me, but my eyes stay on the wall.

            He quietly replies, “So you were crying because of them?” I slowly nod. He sighs and puts his arm around me. His voice is low and serious. “You knew this day would have to come, Suhyun-ah. Celebrities fall in love just like everyone else. At least the guy's happy.”

            I force a smile and look down at my hands. “I guess…but I never wanted to admit that it would happen. I never imagined my idol, Yang Yoseob, actually falling in love. It’s just kind of hard to take in, you know? When he sang, I could only see him singing to her…not to me, like how I used to feel. Only IU is in his heart, right? Now I really feel like I don’t stand a chance. But who knows? Maybe they’re good for each other." I give a fake laugh. "I'm just being selfish."

            Taeyang’s eyes have softened, and I can tell he's forcing out the words. “Do you...have feelings for Yoseob?”

            I sigh, falling back against the couch hopelessly. “As soon as I watched my first B2ST music video, I fell in love with him. I have no idea what kind of love it was…whether I was just being a fan or whether he meant more to me than he should have. That’s what a fan girl goes through, for ya. I felt like I could do anything for him, even though I hadn't met him in the first place."

            I stop myself from going on and on. "But…he’s still an idol, and I’m just some girl, who lived those days with a small chance yet big hope of someday seeing him. And it happened. Yet, I don’t even know if I like him. Because technically I’ve just met him for the first time. Am I confusing or what?”

            He smirks. “You’re always confusing…" He sighs, "But...I understand.” After a brief silence, he puts his fist up, and I watch him skeptically. “Suhyun-ah...hwaiting! You’ll make it through; you’re invincible, remember?”

            I stare at him with an enormous amount of hope in his eyes, so I finally give that genuine smile he's been waiting for. “Araseo…Gomaweo, Taeyang-ah.” I wrap my arms around him, and he returns the embrace. It feels good to have someone keeping you warm when the winter days just get too cold.