Chapter 14: Vengeance

The Song in My Heart

A/N: Behold...the first POV of Yang Yoseob xD There will be a mini showdown in this chapter ;D Enjoy!~


Yoseob POV:

 

            “Yoseob-ah! We're singing Fiction in two minutes!”

            I stand together with IU and take her hand. “Araseo!” I call out to Doojoon. I turn to the girl beside me.

            Her lips curve upward a bit. “Good luck, oppa.”

            I smile and give her a quick hug before rounding the partial wall. Crunch. Glancing down with surprise, I realize that I’ve stepped on some crumpled pieces of paper. What's this? I bend down and pick up the several scattered sheets out of courtesy. My eyes then scan them and take note of the detailed musical markings. They catch a bolded title at the top of the first page. For Yoseob. For me?? My hands carefully smooth out the wrinkled papers when someone suddenly shouts.

            “Yoseob-sshi! Last-minute check.”

            “Yeh,” I call back and place the papers on a side table as I head over to the dressing room.

Half an Hour Later

            “So B2ST! Kamsahamnida!” The six of us bow before a massive pool of screaming fans. We wave as we exit through the side of the stage, completely whipped.

            We give each other small pats on the back as we drain our water bottles.

            “Good job!”

            “Whoa, I’m sleepy.”

            “I want food!”

            “Let’s go home, guys!”

 

            Ten minutes later, we're approaching the hotel building's entrance. I turn to the other members. “You guys go ahead, I’m going to hang around outside a bit.”

            Dongwoon’s eyes widen. He puts a hand to my forehead. “Hyung, are you sick? It’s cold out here.”

            I grin and shake his hand off. “Aniya, I just need some fresh air. Still tired from the performance.”

            “Araseo, come on up soon.” The rest leave to head inside, except for IU, who walks towards me instead. My earphones are already in, playing her song, Last Fantasy.

            “How did you like the performance?” I ask curiously.

            “I loved it! It was so much fun." She bounces up and down, her hair blowing in the breeze. Gosh, she’s so beautiful.

            My eyes brighten, and I take one of my earphones out and give it to her. She tugs it a little and puts it in her ear. Immediately, she giggles and sings along. I keep my eyes trained on her face, her closed eyes, her soft lips, her sweet voice…

            Suddenly, a blur whizzes by in the corner of my eye, and I'm roughly pushed up against the wall of the building in just a couple seconds. I grunt at the impact, and the earphone is yanked away. I hear IU’s scream and wildly look left and right to make sure she’s okay. She immediately runs towards us and tries to push off the person who’s pinned me against the cold wall.

            “IU! Run inside!” I cry. But she keeps trying to help, even though she can’t move the person twice as big as she.

            “Let go of him!” she shrieks. She pounds on his back with her fists, but he doesn’t seem to notice. The light is dim, but I can barely make out his face. His eyes are narrowed and cold, and he has a black Mohawk, darker than our surroundings. Anger is etched in his face, and his grip is pretty strong.

            “Yah! Who are you? What do you think you’re doing?!” I yell, trying to tug free of his hold on me.

            He replies through clenched teeth, “If you EVER hurt Suhyun again, I’ll be sure to hurt you ten times more, do you hear me?!”

            “Suhyun…?” I say quietly. She knows this guy? “Yah, what did I do to her??”

            “Don’t play dumb with me! How dare you hurt her!” His anger gets the best of him, and he punches the side of my face - hard. My back forcefully slides down the wall, and I land on my hands and knees on the ground.

            “Stop!!” IU pushes past him, on the verge of tears, and inspects me closely, her shaking hands grasping my face. My dazed eyes are focused on the guy, giving me one last glare before disappearing into the shadows.

            “G-gwenchanah?” I can tell IU is freaking out, looking like she'll pass out from worry any second now. Her eyebrows are scrunched up, and her face is even paler than usual.

            The whole right side of my face is throbbing. He sure punches hard. “I'm fine...” I mutter with difficulty.

            Her voice cracks. “Oppa…you have a huge bruise on your cheek. Your lip is bleeding too.”

            I wipe my coat sleeve across my face and spot a red streak, before she pulls me inside the hotel. My mind wanders elsewhere. What in the world was he talking about? What did I do to hurt Suhyun…? Aish, I'm so confused...