Chapter 23: Believe

The Song in My Heart

A/N: 500 views :D Halfway there to 1,000 xD Hahaha, thank you guys for everything! And I really am glad this story is good enough for you to have read this far~ Some of you may have noticed that I changed the font. It's much bigger, and I had to replace the Comic Sans MS because it showed up as extremely hard to read on iPhones. Hope you guys like the update~


            At first, my fingers tremble, and the notes almost sound feeble. Fortunately, it’s only the lighthearted intro before the song deepens and grows into a full-blown masterpiece. Not to sound biased or anything... Heh…what can I say? Only the best for Yoseob. I start to lose myself in the song, like every other time I’ve played it. Then, I almost freeze up when I remember that I have to sing.

            My frantic eyes relax when they land on the microphone attached to the piano. Why didn’t I notice it before? I silently clear my throat and softly add in my voice to the piano’s melody. It kind of blends in with the music at first, but I attempt to control it and make it distinguishable. It grows louder, and I’m almost surprised to hear it so clear. My singing is nothing to praise, but it does fit the song. And that’s exactly how I want it. Unknowingly, a smile spreads across my face, and I glance up at Yoseob again. I can’t see anyone but him right now. He has a dazed expression but immediately gives a thumbs-up when our eyes meet.

            The chorus hits, and I sing and play with confidence because it’s my favorite part of the song, the most powerful part:

 

“And when I hear your voice clear in my head

I remember every word you have said

Please give me your hand, and take me away…

I’ll love you forever starting today.

 

You allowed me to breathe; you helped me believe

You’re the star in my heart, a beautiful dream

I thank you as long as this world spins around

Because you are here, my heart's place has been found.

 

            As I sing each line, Yoseob begins to fully smile, and his eyes start to turn glassy. Yoseob, saranghae.

            I continue to stare at the piano keys as the song goes on, and an overwhelming eruption of applause brings me back to reality. It takes me a while to realize that the song has ended. Even the fans all the way in the back of the crowd cheer, and my cheeks start feeling warm. Never in my life…have I felt so…happy. Lee Suhyun, you’ve done it! Himnae!

            I carefully stand up and bow before shouting “kamsahamnida!” and showing a huge smile. So this is what B2ST feels like after every show? It’s amazing…

            The rest of B2ST heads over to me and pats me on the back, with words of congratulations and great job. After the show comes to a close and B2ST shouts their last thank-you's, they bring a long line of fans onstage for a special meeting, including autographs and pictures. I now look up at the stage from below with pure happiness and dreamily turn away to calm down, before noticing someone standing right there.

            “Omo!” I jump back in surprise as I look up into their face. “Tae-Taeyang?”

            Fortunately, there’s no menacing darkness in his expression. “Can we talk?” Before I can reply, he takes my wrist and leads me quickly down the sidewalk and around a corner, behind a nearby wall.

            “What is it?” I fold my arms and lean against the wall, attempting to keep my tone of voice unemotional, but sadly I’m already in too much of a happy mood.

            “I...” He starts to stutter, actually appearing pretty nervous. I’ve never heard Taeyang stutter before. What is he thinking about? I slowly nod for him to continue.

            “Mian…” He stares at the ground, his eyebrows scrunched in concentration.

            “Mweo…?” I say, urging him to go on.

            “Look, to be honest I was scared that he’d hurt you. Yoseob…” I can’t help but hear a slight growl when he says Yoseob’s name. “And…”

            I wait for him to finish.

            “And I really like you, Suhyun.”

            Wait, what??! I was not expecting that.

            “We’ve been friends for so long, and I really like you.” He clears his throat and puts his hand on his chest. “So I promise to never hurt you again.”

            “You…you what??” I manage to get out. Taeyang likes me?! He’s my best friend!

            He gradually begins to lean in. Oh no.

            With his breath on my lips, he whispers, “I said that I like you.” I get shivers up and down my spine. Not good ones though. Never in my life have I imagined that this would happen. That this could happen. How can he change so fast from my friend to almost-my-first-kiss?

            “Taeyang, I-I don’t like you like that. Don’t do this.” I’m about to push him away, when his lips roughly land on mine.


A/N: Just a reminder, please don't plagiarize the lyrics in this chapter. It took a lot to come up with them, and I know you readers will respect what I wrote ^.^ Thank youuu~ Ooh, interesting cliffhanger, huh? ;D Subscribe if you liked this one :)