d a y n i n e ❁

Forty-Nine Days

 

Kiss at every chance you get.

 

“Xiumin, I’m trying.”

Xiumin doesn’t respond. Instead, he stands a little closer to her and leans in.

“Baby, please.” Kyung pokes his right shoulder and pushes him lightly. Resolute in baking chocolate cake, Kyung doesn’t like it when someone tries to distract her. But Xiumin doesn’t care about it for now. He’s up to something and he’s excited to do it.

He watches Kyung lean towards his side, reaching for the dozen of eggs at the next counter. He takes this opportunity and pecks her on the cheeks.

Kyung pulls away, surprised.

Xiumin grins at her innocently.

“What are you doing?” She eyes him warily. For the past eight days, Xiumin has been nothing but suspicious. He knows Kyung is starting to get dubious about his actions but he doesn’t care. He needs to complete the tasks for the few days left before their anniversary and then he can give her the best anniversary gift.

Xiumin shakes his head coolly. “Nothing. Do you want me to help you?”

“Well, I’ve been waiting for you to ask,” Kyung bemuses.

“So, you’re making”—he leans over, grabbing the paper taped on the cupboard—“chocolate mud cake. Oh! This looks yummy.” He turns to Kyung. Seconds later, a mischievous grin draws on his lips. “Babe, what’s that on your lips?”

Kyung pauses, bringing her hand over . “What? What?”

Xiumin feigns an innocent, wary look. He moves inches closer, as though he’s trying to wipe it off. Kyung doesn’t notice his little scheme though; she lets him lean in. All of a sudden, Xiumin plants a playful, brief kiss on her lips. Kyung blinks, looking taken aback.

“Yah.” Kyung darts him a sinister look.

Xiumin only giggles. “I’ll help you whisk.”

Kyung purses her lips. “Sometimes, it makes me really curious as to what you’re up to.”