d a y t h r e e ❁

Forty-Nine Days

 

Whisper to each other.

 

Whether it’s his favorite movie or her favorite movie playing on the TV screen, Xiumin doesn’t care. He’s determined to do the third task, and he has to start now before the night ends. It’s Friday night—which could only mean one thing for both of them: movie night.

Kyung loves watching movies, especially that type where girls usually scream their lungs out because they’re scared. She has a strange thing for horror movies, which Xiumin still finds adorable.

Kyung has her back on his chest, just like their usual position every movie night. Xiumin loves back hugs, especially when it comes to back hugging her. Kyung isn’t actually that thin but not too fat either. In fact, she has a little body fat around her stomach that Xiumin loves to pinch when he’s in the mood to tease.

He rests his chin on her shoulders, silently inhaling her sweet scent of vanilla and cinnamon—his favorite. She always smells nice, especially when she just took a shower.

“Babe, are you watching the movie?”

“Yes,” Xiumin whispers.

“Would you give me the popcorn?”

“Okay, baby.”

“Babe, do you think The Grudge is really scary?”

“I think it’s not so scary.”

“Are you sure?”

Xiumin lightly nods. “Yes, baby.”

“Xiumin?”

“Hmm?”

“Why are you whispering?” Kyung asks.

Xiumin laughs in response. “I don’t know,” he tells her. “I just want to.”

Kyung shifts her attention back to the movie, though she still feels confused as to why Xiumin was whispering. She doesn’t bother asking since she’s certain he’s up to something. She would rather not know anyway. On the other hand, Xiumin is slightly amused to himself.

Few minutes later, he whispers to her, “I love you.”

“I love you, too.”

“I love how you smell.”

“I know. You told me before.”

“I love your soft skin.”

“Thanks, baby.”

“I love—”

Kyung bolts out his grasp, leaps out of the couch and crosses her arm. She casts the smiling Xiumin a glare. “Can you please stop it?” she hisses, trying hard to fight back the urge to smile. “You whispering is getting really, really freaky. What’s wrong with you?”

He stops whispering. For the next couple of hours, Xiumin ponders if he did the right thing.