5-Mr. Cuddles

Love Bites

 

“So, how was the interview?” Soryong’s voice sang throughout Daeryong’s ears as he stepped back into the apartment. He saw Soryong lounging on the couch, legs crossed and arms spread above his head, making him look like the letter ‘I’

“I landed the job fair and square, though knowing that Sunggyu’s my boss is a bit disturbing,” Daeryong flung himself onto couch opposite of his twin, letting himself take deep breathes. He was glad he got the job, but he sort of didn’t want to come home this early; Daeryong didn’t want to see Hyemi all flirty with Woohyun, but to his luck it seemed like they weren’t home.

“Sunggyu’s the boss?”

“You didn’t know? I thought that’s the whole reason why you sent me there, so I could get the job in an instant.”

“This is news to me. I know everything, but I didn’t know about this,” Soryong’s sat upright, facing Daeryong, “This call’s for a celebration! Let’s go drinking tonight.”

“No, I think I’m just going to go for a nap.”

“Why not? Can we please go?”

“Go yourself, I’m sleeping.”

“You’re no fun at all, you party pooper,” Soryong stuck his tongue out, hoping that Daeryong would react to it somehow. Instead, Daeryong turned his body to face the cushions of the couch, leaving Soryong in a fury.

“Fine if that’s how you’re going to be, I’m going to go out on my own. Have fun being alone for the rest of your life.” Daeryong grunted at his twin’s remark, pretending to softly snore as he filled up his head with nonsense.

Soryong stomped back to his room, rummaging through his boxes that were labeled clothes. He knew that he should stay home to unpack everything, but did he really want to stay home all day? Yes and no. He had to go out tonight anyway; he promised the faculty that he was going to go out to their drinking party and introduce his twin. After they saw his twin’s picture in their phone (who knew that the faculty could be so nosey?), the females literally screamed their head off, demanding that they bring him to the get-together party. He tried to convince to them that he’s no fun, but the more he tried the more they demanded; he had no choice. Now, he’s really going to get it because his twin’s being a brat.

He quickly tossed off the sweatshirt and put on a crisp white t-shirt. Over it, he put on a blue denim vest. Just because he’s a teacher doesn’t mean he can’t show off his muscles once a while, right? He left on his blue jeans and took out some biker boots, taking them with him to the door. He quickly tied boots on and after finding his wallet; he said his good-bye and left the house for the party.

Now, if he still had that truck with him he would have had no trouble getting there, but seeing that it was rented only for yesterday, he had to look around for a cab. To his luck, one came by and he told the driver the address.

~~

Soryong POV

“Soryong-ah! Where’s your twin?” Ms. Jung, the English teacher, waved her hand that wasn’t holding a shot glass. Her smile ran up from ear to ear, casually batting her eyes at me; Please tell me that she won’t be prying to get her hands on me tonight.

“My twin? He uh…he caught the summer flu. You know, these hot nights can make us so dehydrated,” I lie as I fanned myself. She seemed to buy it because she simply shrugged and downed the shot like it was water. Eek, I’m not going to talk to her tonight.

I don’t like to lie, but that’s what I had to do for almost all of the female staff. The guys were just sitting on their bums on their own chair, chanting out drinking songs as each chugged a new glass of beer. I, on the other hand, stood their awkwardly. I should probably sit down. Before I could go sit with the guys, Ms. Jung took a hold of my arm and yanked me down.

“Sit with us, it’s more fun,” she giggled, swaying back and forth. Oh god, she is really badly drunk. I do not want to take care of anyone. I should’ve stayed home and watched the dogs or something. Why did I decide to come? WHYYY?

“Thanks, but I think I should go. I need to take care of my twin,” I stood up from my spot, earning complaints from everyone. See, if this was Daeryong he’d know what to do. Why am I so awkward when it comes to things like this? Someone tugged me back to the floor, petting my hair.

“Relax Soryong! Us noonas will take care of you,” Ms. Gong’s speech slurred as she spoke, “Come on have a drink!” She shoved a drink into my hand. I heard everyone start to stare at me, chanting a drinking song. Gulp, I guess I have no choice. I downed the drink as much as I could, swallowed, and grinned sheepishly at them.

~~

No One POV

After about an hour and half of drinking different types of alcohol, Soryong hauled for a taxi and gave the man an address that was written on a piece of paper. The driver nodded, handing back the now-crumpled up paper. Soryong tried his best to sober up the last fifteen minutes he was at the party; the last thing he remembered was him almost being kissed by the ‘noonas’ of the faculty. Thanks to his swift tactics, he glanced back at the clock and shot up towards the bathroom. He literally stayed in there for about ten minutes, trying to get his thoughts straight. He didn’t want to stay there, so he went out of the store, avoiding the cashier and called out for the first taxi cab he saw.

Soryong looked outside the dark city of Seoul. The streets were dimmed with the lamps that were planted on the side-walk. He saw groups of adults to couples hanging out together; one of them being Hyemi and Woohyun.

“Hye-Hyemi?” He said, loud enough for the driver to hear.

“Yes, sir?” The driver replied, a confused look spread across his face.

“Can I, uh, be dropped off here?”

“Of course,” he chuckled at his customer’s clumsiness, “Oh no, don’t worry about the money; it’s on me tonight.”

“Thank you so much,” Soryong thanked and walked out to the crowded streets. He didn’t know why a street would be covered with so many people at this time of day, but he didn’t care. Thinking it was a festival, he, as quiet as he could be, followed the couple.

After passing housing and signs, he soon realized that they were headed home. Wait, why is Woohyun even going the same way? Is Woohyun coming up to the house with Hyemi? Are they actually a couple?

“Whatever,” Soryong whispered to no one in particular and brushed away the thoughts. Why would it matter to him anyway? It certainly didn’t.

He noticed that Woohyun and Hyemi were going up the elevator, so he went to the stairs and lifted his already numbed out legs with each step.

As soon as he reached the floor, he saw Hyemi already in front of the door, Woohyun-less. Soryong lifted his fist in the air, letting out a soft “Yes!” as he jumped up and down.

~~

Hyemi POV

Woohyun was just so childish at that amusement park; I swear he wanted to go more than I wanted to. It was really fun though, no doubt about it.

“I’m ho-mmph!” I screamed out, but my scream was muffled by a hand. Oh God, what if it’s a ? I remember the landlady telling me about rapists coming out late at night recently. Oh God, omo, omo, omo, omo! What am I supposed to do?

Doing what any girl would do, I let my teeth sink into the hand and tried to elbow the guy in the stomach. I heard a loud ‘umph,’ and I turned around, ready to kick whoever it was in the balls, until suddenly I felt a hand stop my leg.

“It’s me,” Soryong croaked, his hand loosely let go. He started to hug himself in fetal position.

“I am so sorry,” I apologized, crouching down to the floor so I was on the same level as him, “Do you need any help getting up?”

“I-no, it’s alright. I can get up myself,” he answered, back, eyes shut probably because of pain. I felt seriously bad, but what if it was actually a ? Soryong can’t sue me or anything, right?

“I’ll make it up to you, somehow. But why did you even do that?”

“I went out to a drinking party and I got a taxi to get home. I saw you and that guy named Woohyun who you introduced to me when he came by earlier and I-“

“Woah woah, you went drinking? Then you stalked me?”

“I didn’t drink, much. I wouldn’t call it stalking, I wasn’t sure if I gave the driver the right address so I kind of followed you home?” I nodded for him to proceed.

“Anyway, I went up the stairs and then I remembered that Daeryong was sleeping and when you wake him up from his slumber, he’s really grumpy; I only did it so you wouldn’t get the wrath of Mr. Cuddles.”

“Wrath of Mr. Cuddles? What the heck is that?” I quietly asked as we stepped towards the living room.

“Well you see, Daeryong would cuddle onto anyone like this when he wakes up,” Soryong picks me up in his arms and hugs me tightly. I felt him nuzzle into the crook of my neck, breathing in slowly. I felt myself shiver at his breath; it felt nice. I soon felt myself melt into the hug, my head starting to rest on top of his shoulder while I stood on my tippy toes. Gah, this is why I hate that I’m short. I have to always stand on my toes. My thoughts disappeared as he whispered to me:

“And that is the wrath of Mr. Cuddles.”

A/N: Yippie~~~Soryong moment:) Was that good? I hope it was, I thought about writing this for so long, but I didn’t know how to write itx)

Don’t kill me about the whole trying to get sober after drinking a lot situation, I’m not sure about things like this because I don’t drink, but it kind of worked out because Soryong never usually does the whole touchy-touchy thing (in this fic anyway, I don’t know in real lifexD) I just wanted to write a Soryong moment because you guys asked for it^^ I’ll make sure to write more as the story continues^^

I read all of your comments and they made me smile so much! Thank you soo much for the wonderful comments, you don’t know how much it means to me<3 It keeps motivating me to update the story^^ Which reminds me, I need to update my other fics soon! Anway, thanks for supporting and hello new subscribers!!

I apologize for any grammar/spelling errors~~