19-Apologies and Testing

Love Bites

 

“I can’t believe I did this,” Hyemi ran her right hand through her messy, brown hair, her left hand on the white sheets of the bed. Her eyes trailed down to the figure next to her. He had equally messy hair, his back turned to her. Hyemi clutched the blanket to her chest and then flung it towards the other side of the bed, which was a bad idea because as soon as she did that, she came across Woohyun’s .
“This-I, ugh, I never,” her speech was slurred due to the shocking view she came across. Hyemi snatched the tossed denim shirt (probably Woohyun’s, but that didn’t matter at all) and started to button it up, but left two buttons open. She stepped out of the bedroom in a matter of seconds, putting her hands over her eyes so they wouldn’t burn by the sight of her best friend who seemed to not even realize what was happening.
Just when she was about to get out of Woohyun’s house, Hyemi realized that her bag was still in the bedroom. Cursing under her breath, she tip-toed back into the bedroom and softly yelled out, “I’m coming in. I hope you have some pants on.” She covered her eyes with her hand once again, but looked through the spaces between her fingers to see if she was safe.
She wasn’t.
Woohyun was lying on her stomach and his was still out, but the blanket was covering his upper half.
“Seriously, is this how you treat a friend?” Hyemi sighed out, letting the door open wide open. She went to the closets, even crawled on the floor, but she couldn’t find her bag. How is it so hard to find her bag? It’s big, black, and her whole life is in that damn thing; why was it so hard to find?
“Woohyun-ah,” Hyemi went over to her friend and shook his shoulders. No answer.
“Woohyun-ah,” she tried again, shaking his shoulders a little harder. Still no answer.
“Woohyun-ah, wake up-ahhhh!” Hyemi squeaked in surprise as Woohyun grabbed her hands and got her into the bed. He wrapped his arms around her tightly so that she couldn’t escape.
“Shh,” Woohyun nuzzled into her hair as if to smell it, “It’s too early. Woohyun oppa will buy you some nice breakfast so just please be-“
“Woohyun, breakfast my ! Get some pants on for God’s sake,” Hyemi ignored the fluttering feeling in her stomach and slapped his head on the side, “And let me go! I just wanted to ask where my bag was you idiot.”
“Bag? Wha-oh .”
“Oh yeah, good morning to you too princess.”
“Well, I, uhh…this is awkward,” Woohyun blushed, letting go of her in an instant. Hyemi landed on the balls of her feet, wrapping her arms around her stomach so tight that it caused her to bite her lips with the slight sting of pain. But, what’s a girl to do in order to keep her laughter in? Woohyun was just sitting there, hair baffled and eyes squinting to get used to the bright light, while the blanket pooled around him (thankfully, his behind was pretty much covered now that he was sitting on it, to Hyemi’s disappointment). Hyemi sighed in relief; her eyes can finally see clearly and won’t burn by the sight.
“I think your bag is-“
“Right there. I found it,” Hyemi went over to the other side, flung her bag over her shoulders and signaled a goodbye. She was putting her shoes back on, tying the laces with all the power she had left in her numb arms, and was about to open the door until she felt a figure pushing her into it.
“Hyemi, do you think we…”
“I don’t know,” Hyemi sighed, turning around and looking into Woohyun’s dark brown orbs. There were distinct purple bags under them, a sigh indicating that he was utterly tired. Maybe a bit nervous because Woohyun tends to tap his fingers on the side of his legs whenever he was caught in a situation that bad his body jitter in a bad way.
“I don’t want anything to change between us though. Hyemi, my feelings, they still linger on and whether we did have or not, I just want you to know that I’ll always be here for you, okay? I’ll always be the guy who will give you a shoulder to lean on, but Hyemi?”
“Ye-yeah,” Hyemi tried her best not to stutter as she closed her eyes shut, trying to push back the salty tears that were threatening to come out. She knew that Woohyun would say something like this, even if his heart was hurting on the inside. Besides being a big huge grease ball, he wasn’t all that of a playboy. Woohyun was a sweetheart and a caring gentleman too. Hyemi knew from the start that he was too sensitive for first loves and that he believed that he would always end up with his first love; he even said that too, but it all comes down to this. This world that they live in now isn’t as simple as it seemed when they were growing up. Now it’s different. Everything is attached with strings, like it or not. It’s just the matter of if he or she is going to do something about those strings.
“Hyemi,” Woohyun sighed this time, gushing out the two syllables like a caring man he is, “Hyemi-ah, its okay. I know you don’t return my feelings; I don’t want you to cry because of that. I should be the one crying.”
“But I’m a terrible person.”
“No, you’re not.”
“Yes I am! Woohyun, I knew about your feelings since that day. I should’ve stopped being friends with you or something so that things wouldn’t turn out this way.”
“Don’t even say that. If you weren’t my friend, I don’t think my life would be this fun,” Woohyun smiled, squeezing her shoulders.
“Hyemi, promise me that no matter what happens, you’ll always keep smiling.”
“I promise.”
--
Hyemi walked into the empty apartment complex, hoping to not wake anybody up. It was Sunday morning and this is the only day Soryong and Daeryong get small break from their hectic work schedule. Her keys were clutched inside the tight fist she made, muffling the sound of the jingles. She dropped her bag on the floor and made it into the kitchen, brewing a fresh pot of coffee for the three of them to drink later. After getting inside her room, she slipped on a pair of long, black leggings and made it back to the door, putting on her simple ballet flats. Hyemi seemed pretty casual for a day to go get a pregnancy test.
Not that she was pregnant or anything, just for precautions. Last night was the first night she’s ever been in a situation like this and because neither of them know if they did have or not, Woohyun and Hyemi decided it was best for her to get a quick test and check. There were no condoms on the floor, bed, trash bins, or bathroom, so if the test did come out positive, Hyemi’s (and Woohyun’s) worst nightmare would occur.
A baby was going to be born.
“Ugh, what am I going to do?” Hyemi questioned herself as she scuffled through aisles, one by one, glancing at all the shelves that were packed with boxes, boxes, and more boxes of food. Soon, she found herself stepping in front of the aisle with all the lady products one needs for about a year. “There are way too many to count,” Hyemi thought, “I swear that if I bought all of this at once, I wouldn’t have to come to the store for them again.”
All of the tests looked the same to her; heck it became quite confusing the longer she pondered on which product was better. Without another thought, she snatched the simplest test and tucked it under her arms, head down and feet scurrying off to the cash register. The quicker she bought it, the quicker she would get over this embarrassment.
“Hyemi!” She froze at the sound of the deep, strong voice that was coming from a few steps behind her. Without thinking, she the heels of her feet to the left and walked into some random aisle.
“Hyemi! Hyemi! Stop and turn around!” Oh no, Hyemi wasn’t going to turn around by then sound of his urgent cries. She ignored the sound of the rolling wheels squeaking on the shiny floor, his panting, the sound of the cart stopping, the footsteps that quickened with each step she took. “Screw this,” she thought, “I’ll just have to wing it.” Hyemi turned around, pressing the test onto her chest as close as she could so that Sunggyu couldn’t read the label.
“Hyemi-AHHH!” All the whishes, hopes, and dreams of today being a good day was shattered as soon as Sunggyu tripped over his legs and pulled her with him as he fell, for cushioning purposes of course.
“Ughh,” Hyemi groaned, her eyes fluttering open. Her breaths were cut short due to the weight on top of her.
“Get off Sunggyu.”
“Sorry, sorry. I was just excited to see you.”
“Well I’m not in the mood to see you,” Hyemi pushed her ‘loving’ brother off of her, brushing off all the dust on her clothes. Blowing her bangs out of her eyes, she asked Sunggyu why he was here since he usually orders take out or barges into her house for dinner. He doesn’t even bother to call.
“Sunggyu? I just asked you a question and I know that it isn’t that hard to answer, even for your teeny tiny brain,” Hyemi came over with the cart, stopping in front of her brother who was still lying on the ground. She could hear his teeth grinding together, a sign which she should take as a warning.
“Hyemi-ah,” Sunggyu said, slowly, his mind trying to detach itself from the idea that popped up, “What exactly are you doing with this?” Hyemi’s eyes opened wide open to see the pregnancy test case in his hands. He stood up, walking over to her with squinty eyes.
“I, well, you see…my friend, she wanted to try one when she saw one of her sisters take it. She convinced me to try it too,” Hyemi laughed it off, grabbing the box out of his grasp.
“I hope you’re telling me the truth. If you aren’t and I found out what exactly happened, somebody is going to get hurt.”
“I know, I know. I’ll see you later, Sunggyu. I have some work I need to catch up for school. You’re coming to my concert next week, right?”
“I wouldn’t miss it for the world.”
“Cool! Bye oppa,”
Hyemi POV
I never knew that I would be caught in a situation like this with Sunggyu, of all people. I sighed, taking my shoes off and dropping my bag onto the floor, but held the test as close as I could to my body so that the twins wouldn’t be suspicious about the label if they see me.
I locked the bathroom door and did what I had to do.
Now, I just have to wait.
Thinking about it, I realized that the only reason why I’m doing this was so Woohyun would stay calm. He wasn’t the type of person who would stay awake during Ed class and realize how long it takes for the process and what not, but I know. It’s probably pointless of me to take this test right now, but it’s just for him to feel assured that nothing’s bound to happen.
We probably didn’t do it anyway. He isn’t the type to take advantage of someone when they’re drunk. I remember the kiss though, but the rest is so blurry I just can’t remember.
I guess I’ll take it again in a week to see if I am pregnant or not, just to be safe.
A/N: So I updated! I hope everyone likes it so far:)
I was having a little trouble with writing what should happen next, but this popped in my mind! Don't fret, I won't be ending this fic anytime soon:)
thanks for all the comments for the teaser, btw! It really motivated me to hurry and write the actual chapter!! It's a little serious and maybe a bit dramatic, but this fic really needs some of that:)
Hello new subscribers, thanks for subscribing! I'll try to be a better writer and have better ideas for all of you in the future!
If anyone has any requests for oneshots, just give me a message and I'll see what I can do!
Until next time xx