17-Unspoken Words

Love Bites

 

“This is all your fault.”

“How is this my fault? You could’ve just texted me, not called.”

“Well, sorry for being over excited. I wanted to surprise Hyemi and so did you.”

“Yeah, but I was able to contain my stupidity.”

“How am I stupid? You’re the one who didn’t realize Sunggyu was behind you!”

“If it wasn’t for me, we wouldn’t have had the car now would we? Come on Soryong, just open the door. I feel like I’m going to collapse at any second,” Daeryong put a hand over his head. He let out a long sigh and let his eyes close as the wind blew. The door clicked open and Daeryong walked in front of Soryong, causing his brief case to almost fall to the ground. Soryong yelped, scared that the contents might spill to the floor.

“Watch where you’re going!” Soryong kicked his shoes off, adjusting his tie so that it wouldn’t choke his neck anymore. Being a professor, he had to look professional, no matter how stuffy the room was. The climate was swinging between cold and warm and the air conditioner just had to break. At least his hair wasn’t a sweaty mess anymore.

“Yeah, yeah whatever. Don’t forget to take your shoes off,” Daeryong muttered before letting his face fall back into the cushion. He inhaled the sweet scent of lilies. Sweet, yet refreshing. It reminded him of a special someone.

“Before saying that to me, why don’t you take your shoes off? Hyemi’s going to scold you again.”

“Let her scold me, I don’t care.”

Truthfully, Daeryong liked it when she scolded him. It meant more time to talk to her and less time to see her with Soryong. People might call it jealousy, but Daeryong thought of it as spending time with what was rightfully his. Daeryong was the first one to talk to Hyemi, not Soryong.

Soryong only scoffed at Daeryong’s remark and set foot into his organized room, unlike his twin’s. Books were neatly stacked on bookshelves. He set the briefcase on his dark brown desk that was covered with pens and papers that were scattered around here and there.  He sighed as he unloaded today’s assignments. Some students took the class as a joke and wrote explanations of songs that had nothing to do with the meaning. It was stupid, but they’re the ones who are going to get bad grades, not him. Soryong cringed at each bad explanation, writing notes on the side on why he liked it or not, where they should do better, how is it this and not that, and so on. The only good paper he actually enjoyed reading was Hyemi’s.

Not that he was biased or anything.

Daeryong POV

“I’m home,” I looked up to see Hyemi with her backpack slinked over her shoulders, plastic bags in one hand and the two dogs in the other. I bet she had a horrible time coming home. I mean, she always takes a taxi, but still.

“Hyemi, you know you could’ve given me a call,” I get on my feet, forcing my tired limbs to move along. I take the bags from her, despite her despair ‘I’m okay!” and set it in the kitchen. She comes running in baby steps, the dogs following right behind.

“Why didn’t you call for help?” I bring her in my arms. My hand goes through her dark brown hair while the other pushes her back closer to me. I feel her slowly putting her hands on my back. Hyemi said something quietly, but I didn’t catch it. Why isn’t she looking in my eyes? Usually she does that…what if she finally fell for me?! This calls for a celebration!!

“What? I couldn’t hear what you said, Hyemi speak up,” I felt her shiver a bit when I whispered it.

“I said that I didn’t want to disturb you. You and Soryong both seemed pretty beat at the café even though you came by to surprise me,” Soryong? She was worried about Soryong?
“No, we were fine,” I laugh awkwardly, leaving a trail of ‘ha-ha’ behind.

“Don’t lie,” she breaks away from the embrace and looks straight at me, “I’m sure you’re hungry after all of the kids you had to teach today. I’ll make something to eat, maybe even pop some popcorn, and we’ll all watch a movie, okay?”

I stand still at the spot hoping that my mind would react or something. My legs didn’t move from the spot and Hyemi kept going further and further away from me. I had to do something; I didn’t want to lose her. Not even to my brother.

“Hyemi I-“

“Hyemi! You’re home!”

--

No One POV

“Song Jae, where’d you go this whole time?” Jae felt a pair of hands sliding on both sides of her waist. She could feel the hot breath going down on her neck and it electrified her senses of missing Sunggyu and her first love and all of these different memories flashed back into her mind. It wasn’t much, but being able to talk to Sunggyu and those innocent, sneaky touches were enough for her high school self to go crazy.

“I…I need to go back inside,” Jae put the trash into the bin and scurried out of Sunggyu’s grasp. It wasn’t right for her to be in someone else’s arms when she had a boyfriend.

“Is it because I’m Woohyun’s best friend?” The sudden words caused her to stop in her tracks.

“No,” she turned around, facing him. It was a pretty bad idea because she became chocked up on her words as soon as she saw him.

“It’s just…it’s wrong to be with someone who isn’t my boyfriend, okay?”

“He won’t find out.”

“No, it’s wrong. Sunggyu you can’t expect me to linger on old feelings after a few years. I hope you understand.”

“It’s okay, I wasn’t expecting anything,” Sunggyu laughed a bit, “Let’s just start over. I’m Kim Sunggyu, Woohyun’s best friend.”

“I’m Song Jae, Woohyun’s girlfriend,” Jae smiled, taking the hand into hers and shaking it firmly before letting it go.

“Well Song Jae, let’s go inside and get you back to work.”

“Yes, lets.”

“And Jae?”

“mm?”

“Let’s not mention our past to Woohyun. I think that’s for the best.”

“I’m glad you agree with my thoughts, Sunggyu. Now come on, I have to go get orders!”

A/N: Whew! I updated! I hope that this is enough for now~I’ll try my best to update next week^^

Sooo….Jae and Sunggyu seem okay…but I wonder if Sunggyu’s just putting up a mask:o And Daeryong! What did Daeryong want to say before someone else (his twin) came in the scene! What what what what?!               Will Hyemi get to her senses and ask Daeryong or will she let it be? WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN?!

Lol, I’d like to know too because I don’t know.

I apologize for any grammar/spelling errors! Thanks for all the comments everyone, I hope you like this chapter as much I loved writing it! I feel like I write crap because I haven’t been writing in a long time, but I hope it’s okay:) Now I’m off to do my ap stuff, wish me luck!