1-What A Great Day....

Love Bites

 

“Choco-ah, come over to auntie!” I turn around to see Mrs. Lee and her grandchildren sitting at their booth, calling over my pet dog. Choco comes over, wagging her tail happily as she was being petted. Despite having a ridiculous bill to pay, seeing my puppies having fun makes me happy.

“How many times do I have to call your name? Hyemi!”

“Wha-what?” I stutter, taking my head off of my hand, slipping off from my daydream.

“Go take these to table 5! Hurry up, we’re not paying you so you can doze off,” my co-worker Woohyun nudged me in the elbow as he signaled towards the tray in front of me. I reply with a simple yes and go over to table 5.

~~

“Dubu-ah, Choco-ah, did you guys have fun at the café today? Hmm?” I ask, setting them inside the house. I wonder if anyone is going to call for the extra rooms; having two empty rooms and no one to give it to . Being alone is boring and I have nothing to do for the whole day. I mean, I’m gone half of the time, but I’m just worried that Choco and Dubu are going to be really lonely. Not only that, but the rent is sky high and I can’t cover it with the expenses I get now. I’m going to a university on full scholarship, a job as a waiter at a dog café, and as a tutor for some underclassmen. I’ve come to get used to it after a year of living with minimal spending money, but I think it’d be easier if I had some roommates.  I can’t even buy new clothes when I want to and I can’t buy my dogs new toys as much as I want to. I’ve wanted to get them new collars too…

I let out a soft sigh and head out for bed, I’m sure there’s bound to be some luck tomorrow; I can feel it!

Or not. As soon as I woke up this morning, I stepped on poo.  That’s right, poo.

“YAH! Who did this next to the bed? Who? Who? Who? WHO?” I yell out at the dogs that were sprawled on the side of the bed, but quickly retreating towards the living room. Aish, these dogs, I guess I won’t be buying new chew toys for them for a while. I race to the bathroom, grab a wad of toilet paper (more like the roll), and race back to the bedroom. I can’t believe one of those dogs did that on the carpet! To top it off, it’s white carpet. WHITE! And it’s the fuzzy white carpet too…how am I supposed to take this out? It’s going to stain!

“YOU! Do you know how much I had to save to get those carpets? Now I have to throw them out, I swear I’m going to get whoever the new roommates are to buy some carpet as thank-you gifts.”

“Well if you stopped bickering with your dogs and listened to what I was saying, you’d realize that I’m willing to buy you those carpets,” I heard a voice coming from the other side and there I saw him. He was holding a cool guy stance as he leaned on the door frame; arms crossed and leaning on one leg as the other one crossed over it.

“Sunggyu oppa, what are you doing here?” I squeaked out, making sure the poo wrapped in toilet paper doesn’t fail out of my hands. I should probably go throw this away first.

“Give me that, you’re so slow with throwing that away. Go wash your hands first.”

“Okay okay.”

~~

“So you’re telling me that these two guys are willing to be my roommates?”

“Yeah, if I had a picture I’d show you, but I don’t have one with me right now. My phone’s almost dead so I don’t want to take it out.”

“Cheapskate.”

“How can you talk to your oppa like that? I’m doing you a favor!”

“You could be doing me a favor by paying for half of the rent!”

“Guess what?”

“What?”

“I don’t live here!” Sunggyu sneers, sipping the chai tea casually while petting the dogs with his other hand.

“Aish, I can’t believe that you’re my brother.”

“Well believe it baby! If it wasn’t for me you wouldn’t have landed that scholarship or that job at the café. Just think of me as the angel of opportunities.” I guess I have to give him those things. If it wasn’t for his constant nagging of me doing homework and going to cram schools, I wouldn’t have gotten that scholarship (did I mention that he also nagged me to join several different clubs, student council, and volunteer work?) and I also wouldn’t have landed a job for a busy-body like me if it wasn’t for Woohyun, his best friend. Woohyun sort of helped open the café and because he knows the boss so well, he got me a job! I was lucky and if it wasn’t for Sunggyu I don’t think I’d be living the way I am right now.

“I guess you have a point,” I smile, “Thanks so much oppa.”

“You’re welcome Hyemi. I’ll be going now, take care of my babies okay? Babies, appa will be coming home next week with some nice doggy treats so wait for me arasso~?” Sunggyu made weird kissy faces, making his eyes into thin lines. I swear he has the smallest eyes I’ve ever seen…they’re like the smallest in the family.

“Yeah yeah, now will you go? I have to take your babies for a walk and then to the café for work,” I wave, pushing him out of the house. But instead, he latched his hands onto the doorframe and turned his head to face me.

“Can I come? I want to walk them!”

“No, you have work to do.”

“Then before I go, can I say one last thing?”

“Fine, make it quick,” I run my hands through my hair, eyeing him carefully.

“Stop being so sappy, it makes me sick!” He stuck his tongue out and ran out the door, bolting down the stairs and off to his car.

“YAH KIM SUNGGYU! YOU ARE NOT GETTING AWAY WITH THIS NEXT WEEK! IF YOU TRY TO COME BACK YOU’RE GOING TO DIE! DO YOU HEAR ME? YOU’RE GOING TO DIE!”

I shut the door with a loud bam and went off to get my babies. Well, I don’t have time to take them one by one like I usually do and because I don’t have a bike nor car nor motorcycle, I guess I’ll have to take them two at a time.

“Choco-ah, Dubu-ah! Come here, we have to go to work,” I sing out, putting my arm through a plain white t-shirt after putting on some skinnies and simple sneakers. I rarely apply make-up, but I usually put some mascara on. Not even bothering to tie my hair up as usual, I grab the leashes and put them on, going out of the house.

Wahh, it’s hotter than usual. You’d think that because it August and it’s closer to fall that it’d be a little more cooler…it’s not that cool at all. Maybe it will be next week.

I pass by familiar houses and stores, looking closely at them with envy. I wish I could buy that dress, it’s 50% off and I still can’t buy it because of that darn rent. If that apartment wasn’t okay with pets, I’d leave, but considering that that’s the only apartment I could find at the moment I didn’t have a choice. I guess I could move now, but then that would mean me going out to the landlord and filling out loads of paperwork and then contacting people to hire so they’d help ship the box and that’s going to take more than a month…

I walked a little slower, dreading my life. My life so much. I mean, I should look at the bright sides of things, but I can’t bring myself to do that right now. I literally stepped on dog poo earlier this morning, had a surprise visit from my brother (why did I bother to give him a key in the first place?), and was running a little late to work. I’m sure Woohyun wouldn’t mind me running a little late today, right?

I felt myself walking slower than before, but my pace was getting cut off my Dubu, who started to walk faster and faster. As Dubu walked faster, Choco and I were getting dragged with her. But to my luck, Choco started to quicken her pace and started to dash towards whatever it was they were dashing towards.

“CHOCO! DUBU! STOP RUNNING, I SWEAR I WILL NOT GIVE YOU TWO JERKIES WHEN WE GET TO THE CAFÉ! STOP IT THIS INSTAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!” My sight started to blur uncontrollably, legs running faster than what my normal speed is, hands clutching onto dear life. The two dogs stopped briefly, eyeing a man that looked twice my size who was holding a few boxes that seemed pretty heavy. Maybe they came to their senses because we’re almost at the café. Wait, if we made it to the café at that speed, maybe I’m not late for work! Maybe the dogs ran like crazy so I didn’t miss work, aww they’re such angels!

“Choco-ah, Dubu-ah, I am so sorry for screaming like that, you guys were only looking out for me, right? I love you gu-AHHHHHH! I SAID STOP IT!” I think I spoke waay too soon when I called them angels. They are such devils!

“No, no, no, no, no! Don’t go there! Hajima! HAJIMA!” I screamed out, trying to get them to their senses before they tumbled over the tall man. Now that I look closely, he’s pretty good looking with that curly hair, long legs, and may I say that his arms are pretty muscular. Hmm, it’s a shame he’s looking at me while I look like crap…Hyemi what are you saying? I’m going to bump into the guy if I don’t dodge him!

“MOVE PLEASE! YES YOU, WHO ELSE WOULD I BE TALKING TO?” I yell out, trying to keep hold of the leashes. Instead, they tugged harder and dragged me towards him, running uncontrollably no matter how many tugs I did. They kept running faster and faster and the next thing I knew was that I was face to chest with the guy. 

Face to chest. Way to have great first meeting.

My face is on his chest, I can feel his heavy breathing and his smooth skin rubbing onto mine while the leashes are getting tighter with each loop the two dogs make around us. These dogs are the worst. I hear him clear his throat, causing me to look up, only making me bump the tip of my head on the tip of his chin.

“Sorry, my dogs are just crazy today,” I mutter, trying to look away. My job is only a few feet away and here I am, having the most embarrassing moment of my life. I hope Woohyun doesn’t see me in this situation because if he does and he realizes that I’m late, he is going to kill me!

“It’s alright, we all have those days,” he smiled slightly, but I could see the corners of his lips tug into frown, “Umm…how are we going to get out of this?”

“I-I don’t really know. I work over at that café, but the owner doesn’t seem to be coming outsi-“

“Hyemi! What are you doing over there? It is not time to play with other customers,” speak of the devil, isn't it the guy who always flirts with the lady customers.

“I’m guessing that’s the owner?”

“Yeah,” I blush. I hear him laugh with a deep voice.

“Hey ajusshi! Could you give us a hand? Our hands are sort of out of reach right now,” I feel a squeeze on my right hand. Looking down I saw that his hand was on mine; I guess I could say that we’re officially tangled up.

“Daeryoung! How many times am I supposed to tell you that you can’t call your brother an ajusshi? And what is up with this mess?”

A/N: I wonder who said that to Daeryoung at the end…(I'm wondering if I spelled his name right....ahahaha)

Well, I really want to apologize for the very crappy writing, it’s past midnight and I wanted to update the story so people know how the story’s like so far~Hyemi is related to Sunggyu (who’s a really really really weird brother lol, but he’s caring).

I hope that this story is off to a good start^^ Please support me by writing your beautiful, wonderful comments and don’t forget to subscribe:) Check out my other fics too!

And lastly, I apologize for any spelling/grammar errors! I’ll try to look over it asap!