15-Yes...?

Love Bites

 

“You kissed her?” Sunggyu held two cups above the counter, fishing for a bottle of wine from the cabinet. It wasn’t even Friday, but Sunggyu decided it was time for happy hour with none other than his bestie, Woohyun.

“No drinks for me, hyung. University, remember? And yes I did, but it was totally out of the blue,” Woohyun took the bottle of water, chucking the cap somewhere on the floor and pouring the substance into the crystal clear cup. He hadn’t intended to make all of this drama to fuel up inside him. It was way too much for his little mind to handle. Since that day, he’s been trying to avoid Jae because he knows that if he and she were to bump into each other, Jae would bombard him with questions. Woohyun didn’t want to do such a thing. He was busy with trying to balance work and university life once again.

“Well you better do something about it real soon. Girls like her tend to look for a relationship after something like this and although they might say they don’t mind if you’re not interested, it crushes their poor little heart. That, my friend, is from personal experience.”

“I know, but it’s just so hard. My mind is still full of Hyemi and I-“

“What?” Sunggyu glared at the mention of his baby sister. He remembers that he had told Woohyun to stay away from her and to stop thinking of her with romantic feelings. He gripped the neck of the wine glass so hard that it almost started to shatter until Woohyun said that he didn’t meant it like the way it sounded.

“You know that I see her like my own sister,” Woohyun lied. He knew that he shouldn’t be lying to his friend, but he just couldn’t help it; Woohyun didn’t want something to get between him and Sunggyu. Woohyun never had any siblings (A/N: I know he has a brother, but in here he doesn’t). The closest he could get to a sibling was an older woman who he addressed as noona. They dated for a few months, but decided to go back as friends…but Woohyun would never admit that she was the only noona he dated. So in the end, Woohyun never could understand the whole sibling/friend relationship. If two people like each other, they should be able to be with each other, right? That’s what Woohyun always thought, but according to Sunggyu, he was wrong. Friends aren’t supposed to date their friend’ s siblings because if something goes wrong between said friend and friend’s sibling, there was going to be some strong tension running around.

That’s all what Sunggyu told him that time when he tried to confess to Hyemi. Sunggyu didn’t want to complicate things between the three of them. He knew that he was being selfish, but Sunggyu couldn’t tear the idea of the drama that would start. He wanted Woohyun, Hyemi, and he to always stay friends. He wanted it like that and he intended on doing anything he could to prevent those two from dating. So when Sunggyu heard that Woohyun kissed Jae, his co-worker, Sunggyu was dancing around in his mind.

“I hope you keep it that way,” Sunggyu’s stern gaze softened, his grip easing on the wine glass, “So what are you going to do now?”

“Honestly, I don’t know. It was an in-the-moment thing, you know?”

“Woohyun, you can’t run away forever. Why don’t you try calling her and talk it over?”

“That…that could possibly work,” Woohyun swung his finger back and forth, taking in the idea. He drank what was left in the glass and zoomed out of the house, not forgetting a thanks and goodbye to Sunggyu. He walked towards the shop because he remembered that she works today. It’s not like he had a choice; he had to remember everyone’s shifts and who works what time because he was in charge of everyone. So after a long internal fight on whether to go in the shop or not, Woohyun confidently opened the door, looking straight at his prey.

Jae was organizing papers of who-knows-what and didn’t notice Woohyun standing right behind her. She almost knocked right into him, but before she could get a hold of her balance, Woohyun took her arm and pulled her into the office.

“What is it? I still have work,” Jae tapped her feet, arms crossed and feeling irritated. If Woohyun didn’t have a damn excuse about pulling her out of work like that, she was going to blow. After a few days (five, she was counting on her calendar) of waiting, he thinks that he could just take her? Jae was aggravated that Woohyun would just ignore him after that kiss. Did she kiss weird? Were her lips puffed out weird? Why was he avoiding her?

“Before you go, I want to talk to you about the kiss,” Woohyun gripped her shoulders as if to lock Jae in place. On the inside, Jae was nervous to talk about it. She didn’t want to talk about it. She wanted to, but if it’s something negative she didn’t want to hear it. Jae stayed quiet, pursing her lips together as she looked straight into Woohyun’s gaze that kept darting around the room. He let out a sigh, taking in the fact that she won’t speak.

“I know what I did might’ve been wrong and I apologize for it. If it’s alright with you, I want us to stay as friends,” Jae scoffed at how Woohyun said the term ‘friends.’ It was like he was trying to sound dainty and fragile and he acted like she would break if he didn’t use the right word. Jae rolled her eyes, pushing his hands away from her shoulder and for a second, Woohyun swore he saw her frown.

“Wai-wait, Jae I-“

“Save it for the next girl.”

“You haven’t even listened to what I was going to say!”

“I don’t’ have to! I know how girls like me are treated! Every boy thinks that they can trample over my feelings because I look so nice, as if I’m okay with whatever they say. I-“  She gasped as she felt arms wrapping around her.

“You’re not like those girls, I’m not like those boys,” Woohyun whispered, “I don’t regret kissing you, you know? I…I think I want to try this. Try us, just once. What do you say?”

“I don’t know what to say.”

“Say yes?” Woohyun turned her around so that she was facing her. His eyes were filled with trust and Jae smiled briefly, liking the thought of “us”

“Yes.”

A/N: Hey guys! I found some time to write a new chapter today! There isn’t any twin or Hyemi action going on in this chapter. I just wanted to write out a few things so it’s like a filler^^;

So now everyone knows what Sunggyu told Woohyun:O But, I wonder if Woohyun really wanted to go out with Jae or he’s just saying that…

Anyway, hello new subscribers! Thanks to everyone for commenting last time and giving me your opinions on the story! I love it when people do that and I hope I get to read more in the future:) Thanks for always supporting this fic. I hope you keep supporting it even though I’ve gotten very busy;o; I’ll try my best to update!

I apologize for any grammar/spelling errors~~