13-A Start To A Long Day

Love Bites

 

Soryong hasn’t had a sleepover since he was ten. Daeryong hadn’t gone since he was ten either, but here the two were at Sunggyu’s house. They were forced to go into Sunggyu’s empty house (with the dogs) and the two couldn’t even get a change of clothes or finish their meal. As soon as Sunggyu announced that the twins were going to come home with him, Sunggyu brought them up to their feet by pulling their ears and pushing them out of the house. Hyemi was furious that the food hadn’t gone to good use so she put them in a lunchbox and sent it off with the three.

“You two probably know why you’re here,” Sunggyu scoffed, hands on his hips as he stood in front of the twins. The twins shifted from their sitting position, fidgeting and tugging their shirts while their eyes wondered around the room. The house was rather big itself so it was to no surprise that the room was quite large. It was a simple room; cream colored walls, black leather couch, and a clear coffee table in the middle of the rug. Pictures of him and his ex-girlfriend were on the walls.

“You were probably scared at the thought of a monster coming and eating you,” Daeryong whispered loud enough for Sunggyu to hear.

“Not that we’d care though,” Soryong also whispered, “Even though you’re our friend, you’re certainly not acting like it.”

“Guys, you know how I feel about my friends hitting on my sister. I’m just looking out for her,” Sunggyu sighed, letting his shoulders drop and eyes close into a thin line. It was true though. Sunggyu was only looking out for his sister. He’s always been through this ‘phase.’ His friends always fall for her or they become friends with him just so they can have a chance with Hyemi. But being Hyemi, she never noticed because she was too busy with getting money for the rent. Sunggyu had no hard feelings for his friends, it’s just all his friends weren’t right for Hyemi. Or, that’s what he thought.

“You haven’t even given us a chance Sunggyu and furthermore, she hasn’t given us a chance either. Both Daeryong or I have told Hyemi our feelings towards her and we’re not even sure if what we’re feeling is love,” Soryong explained.

“Love is a strong word, Soryong,” Daeryong leaned to Soryong, “But it’s true Sunggyu, we haven’t told her any of our feelings.”

“Well, until you’ve had my consult I hope you do not do such a thing. Just thinking about this is making me crazy! I mean, this morning I broke up with my girlfriend…err, she left me and three of my best friends are trying to get a chance with my sister. Can this get any worse?” Sunggyu plopped himself between the twins who looked at each other.

“Three? Who’s the third guy?” The twins said in perfect unison, staring the older.

“I thought you guys already knew.”

“Clearly, we don’t.”

“It’s Woohyun.”

“Woohyun?”

“The guy who works at the café. Lives in the same building, goes to the same university as Hyemi…doesn’t it ring a bell?”

“Oh god, that motherfu-“

“What Daeryong meant was that Woohyun looked like the type who would go for older women,” Soryong shot a look at Daeryong, who returned a scowl.

“Let’s just say he had a bad experience with older women and he’s never going back there. All this talking has made me sleepy.”

“That’s a good idea hyung! Let’s just all go to sleep and dream a dream!”

“Why are you following me?” Sunggyu turned around and saw the two trailing behind him to the bedroom.

“Aren’t we going to sleep in the bed?” Soryong asked as Daeryong nodded in agreement.

“Oh no, you are sleeping on the cold floor tonight,” Sunggyu smiled, “Enjoy.” He went to the closet and came back to throw blankets and pillows on the hallway floor, smiling menacingly. Without waiting for a reply, he cackled out a good night and shut the door to the bedroom.

“I never ever want to talk to Sunggyu while he’s mad,” Soryong started to sit on the floor as he pulled a blanket over his body.

“Can’t we go sleep on the sofa?” Daeryong propped himself on his elbows.

“No, I do not want to hear screaming and nagging about how there are creases on the sofa tomorrow morning. Sleep Daeryong.”

--

The two regretted sleeping on the cold, cushion-less floor. Their spine hurt in the morning and it was painful to bend their back to get objects like shoes, newspapers, blankets, and pillows. Soryong was the first to crawl out of the hallway and into the living room. The light from the window burnt his eyes, but he ignored it and slid into a chair. To him, the house was way too quiet. He thought that he’d hear shouting or some kicking noises, but the house was still quiet. Soryong even called out Sunggyu’s name and opened all the doors that he could find, but Sunggyu didn’t answer nor popped out his face from behind a door.

Soryong concluded that Sunggyu wasn’t home.

“I could’ve slept on the sofa, damn it!” That was the first thing Daeryong shouted when he listened to Soryong’s explanation.

“Oh, piss off. Think of the crisis Daeryong! We have Hyemi’s dogs and Sunggyu probably left with the house keys.”

“So?”

“So, that means that we can’t get out of the house.”

“Yes, we can.”

“No, we can’t. If we leave, the house is going to be unlocked and burglars might be coming in.”

“How can burglars come into this house? I bet there are bodyguards on hold and security cameras in all the rooms, even the bathrooms. I’m sure that if they come in, something will blow up and all of the CIA will come to arrest the guy.”

“That’s not the point! We can’t leave without the house unlocked. Remember what mom told us that? We just can’t, okay?”

“Fine! I’ll look for a key,” Daeryong stood up and darted towards cabinets, opening each one and throwing all the things in there. Papers, pictures, and different things (even trash) came flying out into a big pile.

“Stop it! I don’t want to clean this mess up. I’ll just call Hyemi so that she can come in and get us. Maybe she’ll know where the spare key is.”

“You have Hyemi’s number? Give me your phone. Give me that!”

“No, I’m calling her!”

“No, I am!”

“She personally asked me to call her! Just stop what are you do-“

“Hello?” Soryong and Daeryong stared at the phone that was being clutched in their hands. In an instant, Soryong hit speaker mode and Daeryong held the phone, despite the slaps he got on his back.

“Hyemi!” the twins said, “How are you?”

“I’m on my way to work right now. If this is urgent, speak now.”

“I’m trapped! Help us!”

“Trapped? Just where are you?”

“Hyemi, it’s me Soryong! Remember how we were dragged into Sunggyu’s house? Well, we just woke up and Sunggyu’s not in the house so we can’t exactly get out.”

“Seriously? Sorry, but I don’t know where the spare key is. Maybe Woohyun knows. Hold on, let me get him on the phone.”

“Woohyun? Why is he there with you?”

“We have the same shift and we live in the same building, duh” Hyemi spoke as if everyone in the world knew that.

“Hey guys, long time no chat! What’s cooking?”

“You’re going to be the one cooked if you don’t get your filthy hands off of Hyemi,” Daeryong hissed, eyes forming into a thin line. Soryong was a little scared because that expression looked just like Sunggyu’s.

“Woah woah, you can’t talk to me like that; she’s my wifey,” Daeryong could hear distant giggles coming through the speaker, “Anyway, I hear you want to hear where the key is.”

“So what?”

“I’m going to help you out. Look, the spare key is on the wall, behind the picture of Choco and Dubu. Do you see it? I hope you do.”

“Found it!” Soryong yelled out, dangling the key in the air.

“Good. Just put it in the mailbox after you lock the house, alright? Hyemi and I are at work already so we have to get going. Hope you have a great day,” Woohyun hung up the phone, passing it to Hyemi.

“Everything okay?”

“Yeah, just fine Hyemi. The guys got the key and I told him to put it in the mailbox, as always. I can’t believe you didn’t know where the key was.”

“Well everyone can’t be as perfect as you, you know,” Hyemi rolled her eyes, “Now if you’ll excuse me, I need to go change into my uniform.” Hyemi walked away from him, leaving him to attend to the customers. Woohyun already adorned the orange shirt and green apron that read the café’s name and under it a silhouette of a golden retriever. Cliché, but that made it somewhat classy and timeless.

“Good morning, Woohyun,” Jae, the newly added worker greeted the said male with two lunchboxes wrapped in blue and pink (A/N: LOL, I don’t remember giving her a certain name so I just named her Jae. She was introduced as the girl with glasses on and was looking for a job in the café).

“Hey Jae,” Woohyun acknowledged, “Does your shift start this late?”

“Yeah, it’s a first that I work this shift.”

“I’m sure you’ll do great Jae, you’ve been doing pretty well since you started working.”

“I’m glad you feel that way,” Jae blushed a bit, her eyes covered by her bangs, “Um…if you don’t have any lunch plans, I was thinking if you wanted to eat these with me at the park,” she shoved the lunchbox wrapped in a blue handkerchief into Woohyun’s hands. Woohyun smiled, ruffling her hair and answered that he’d love to.

“Really?”

“Of course, now go get ready for work,” Jae’s glossy eyes shined as she looked into Woohyun’s eyes. He ruffled her hair some more before she dashed into the locker room, bumping shoulders with Hyemi. Hyemi didn’t say a thing even though Jae apologized. Hyemi only walked towards the cash register to get the necessary items (i.e menu, notepad, and a few pens).

“Hyemi, why didn’t you apologize to her?” Woohyun nudged her side, as he too started to get ready.

“I nodded my head, you saw that. You know how I feel about socializing early this morning.”

“It’s noon.”

“You get my point.”

“Hyemi, you should at least apologize to her and say something like your throat was hurting so you couldn’t speak or whatever. Leaving someone hanging for an apology isn’t cool and the Hyemi I know is very cool.”

“Fine, if you want me to apologize I’ll apologize…after I get their orders. That couple is crushing that poor dog in their death grip,” Hyemi walked off, brushing her hair to her side. Today seems like another long day for Nam Woohyun.

A/N: Sorry I haven’t been updating frequently>< I have school soon so I had to get ready for that and this week has just been hectic with lessons after lessons! Thanks for all the comments, it really did motivate me to take some time out and write out another chapter:) omg, Aff is being really really stupid and just gah. So, if it takes me a long time for me to update again, I’m really sorry. I hope you guys will understand and not unsubscribe:)

And hello new subscribers! I’m glad that you all are loving the Tasty experience (ahaha…) and that you’re enjoying this fic^^ Love you all~<33

I apologize for any spelling/grammar errors!!