22-She Isn't...

Love Bites

 

                “So…” Woohyun’s words trailed off along with the steam from the blue teacup in front of him. Hyemi stirred her pink one; the silver spoon seemed to revolve slower and slower as they stared at each other from across the table. It’s been a while since they talked. The last time was the night after their little incident and since then, Hyemi stopped going to work due to college assignments piling up on her desk. The twins were out and about this morning-something about an audition for a gig, leaving Hyemi at home. She was planning on enjoying a day on her own, but a certain somebody rang her doorbell and barged into the house to simply talk.

                Hyemi tugged on the neckline of her loose sweater with nervous hands.

                “I-I’m,”

                “Wait, I’m not ready to hear this,” Woohyun cleared his throat and hoped that his voice was as clear as it sounded earlier. Hyemi’s mouth was wide open, an eyebrow arched up on her forehead.

                “I’m not ready to take care of anything. I’m still in my early 20s, a college student juggling a job, and I can’t even take care of myself. Heck, I don’t even have money for this. What if Sunggyu finds out? Him and Jae are both going to kill me in my sleep and then proceed to stomp on my grave and possibly kill me in their dreams. He isn’t going to let you in your house, either, if he finds out that you were sleeping with me. He’ll kill both of us! Let’s not forget about the twins either-they’d kill me before your brother gets his hands on me. I am not in any position to speak of this, but-“

                “NAM WOOHYUN I AM NOT PREGNANT,” Hyemi’s fist met the table, her teeth clenched together so that she wouldn’t scream at the sharp pain. Her eyes burned with rage with what Woohyun had just said. Can’t take care of himself? Sunggyu won’t let her in the house? Who is he to even think about what would happen if she was pregnant?

                “You-you’re not pregnant? I’m not a father? Oh, Hyemi I love you!” Woohyun rushed towards Hyemi and jumped in joy on her, wrapping his arms around her neck and snuggled into her neck.

                “You don’t know how happy I am, Hyemi I-“ His sentence was cut short when Hyemi pushed him off of her with so much force that he landed on the floor.

                “So if I was pregnant you wouldn’t have done this?”

                “What do you mean?”

                “If I was pregnant, would you have walked out that door and leave me in the dust? Would you have left me to take care of my baby? Would you have told me to get an abortion so that Sunggyu wouldn’t know about this? What would you have done, huh? Why am I even asking you, a person who can’t seem to take care of themselves, about what would happen because all you’re saying is you’ll be in big trouble if they find out that we slept together? You of all people… I can’t believe that you would do this to me. You’re my best friend, a person whose always been with me, and now you decide to walk away because of a situation that you can’t take? Nam Woohyun, you’ve always walked away from your problems and that’s why you can’t seem to find someone to stay committed to you. I can’t believe that-“

                “I can’t believe that you didn’t even tell me about this, Hyemi. You tell me you love me, but you don’t tell me all the details. Isn’t that what people who are in love do? Aren’t they supposed to be honest to each other?” Hyemi turned around and noticed Daeryong with his arms crossed, his identical brother following him into the house. Soryong mouthed a “sorry,” and followed Daeryong to his room.

                “I can explain, Daeryong wait!” Hyemi walked with the twins, but the door shut before she could step foot.

                “Nam Woohyun, where do you think you’re going?”

                “I’m going home. It seems as if I’m not the only one who has major problems to deal with. I’ll leave you three alone so you can figure it out; after all, I wouldn’t want you to be the one who runs away from their problems.”

                “Woohyun, I’m still not over the way you acted.”

                “I know, and I’m sorry. Guys just tend to panic when they realize they’re in a situation they’re not ready for and I wish I wasn’t that guy, but I am. I just don’t want to see the same for you.”

                “But I’m not a guy.”

                “Exactly. So I better see you feeling better by next week, I talked to the boss and he said that he’ll give you one week of vacation and that’s it. I’ll see you later.”

                “I’m still not going to forgive you!”

                “I know, but at least solve this problem, yeah? Daeryong is more important than me right now.”

A/N: Whewww, that was dramatic. I know, it’s not the longest chapter in this story, but I wanted to write this so that the story can build on more (mwahahhahahahahahahaaaa)

Anyways, hello new subscribers, I hope you’re enjoying the fic! Please please PLEASSEEE Send me some love and write feedback/comments on what you liked or what you anticipate and what not below. I miss getting comments and the less comments I get, the less committed I sort of feel to this fic. I mean come on, I’ve been staying up late sometimes to write chapters on this and I post it, but no one ever comments:’( So please, for the sake of this poor author, give me some love<3