12-Overprotective, Much?

Love Bites

 

Hyemi POV

“Sunggyu, I thought I told you to leave,” I put my hands on my hips as I stood in front of him. He gulped, eyes wondering around the room. He patted Soryong who was squirming around the couch. Is he taking a nap?

“Come on sis, can’t I at least eat dinner and then go home?” Sunggyu asked with his sickly, sweet sounding tone. Whenever that happens, it can only mean one thing: His girlfriend and him are in a fight.

“Look, if you’re ready to tell me the truth then hurry up and tell me. If not, get out of my house.” I walked to the kitchen, packing the refrigerator with the food I got. I left the ingredients for the curry on the counter and started to bring them over the sink to wash.

I started to cut the carrots and I saw Sunggyu standing next to me from the corners of my eyes. His back was slumped, hands playing with each other as his head looked to his feet. My brother looked so pitiful; must’ve been a really bad fight.

“What was it?” I kept my concentration on trying to cut the vegetable perfectly.

“It’s-I, you see, I-“

“Don’t’ tell me you-“

“Yes,” His voice squeaked high before heaving out a sigh, “I didn’t mean to! It just happened and I-“

“Oh gross, I don’t want the details. I can’t believe you would do such a thing to her! She was such a nice girlfriend too,” I pouted, putting the ingredients to the silver bowl.

“Hyemi, you know that men can’t control themselves at times. They get really messy and disorganized so we just do that.”

“Yeah, but you knew how she felt about having your boxers and her mixed together in the laundry! You’re supposed to respect her about that. Plus, she’s a clean freak and she hates mixing clothes together.”

“It was driving me up the wall! I mean even you don’t do that with clothes.”

“I know, but everyone has their boundaries; that was her boundary and I wouldn’t be surprised if she decides to leave you,” I put the knife down and look up to my brother, “You know, she wasn’t all that anyway.”

“I was with her for half a year.”

“You’re still young! Mom wants you to marry someone when you’re 25 years old or whatever; you have plenty of time! Why do you sound so devastated anyway? You’re still with the girl, right?”

“Not exactly,” his voice hitched up again, hands up at his chest as if he was protecting himself from me.

“What?”

“She sort of packed up her clothes and left the house after I called you this morning. So, I’m alone at my house and it’s really sad to be there,” Sunggyu started to pout and puff up his cheeks, “Can I stay here today?”

“You can stay for dinner. After dinner, I want you to go home and sleep, okay? You can bring Woohyun with you so you don’t feel lonely, or the dogs.”

“Aww, come on Hyemi! He’s your brother, let him stay for the night,” Daeryong came into the kitchen and walked towards Sunggyu, putting an arm on his shoulder.

“Yeah, be nice to your brother Hyemi!” Next, Soryong walked passed me and to Sunggyu, slinging his arm on his other shoulder. Sunggyu seemed to relax a bit more; his body wasn’t as tense as it was when he was talking to me.

“Fine,” I sighed out, “Now will you get out of my kitchen?”

No One POV

Hyemi shooed the pests out of her kitchen as she swung a wooden spoon to them. The three of them jogged happily out of the kitchen and to the dinner table, where they talked about the company, trainees, and how they’re going to spend the rest of summer. School started next week so Soryong was pretty nervous; it was going to be his first job since a few months ago. The twins came back to Korea after their mom called them from here to the states. Their mom explained how they wanted to spend more time with their sons before she and her husband go to their second honeymoon (Daeryong and Soryong both cringed as soon as they heard her say that). So after Soryong quit the job in the states, Daeryong and he moved back to Korea. Their old buddy Sunggyu knew a place and that’s how they ended up living with Hyemi. They couldn’t always stay at the hotel and they wanted to be independent from their parents.

“Dinner’s ready,” Hyemi walked into the kitchen table, but quickly went towards the living room to set up dinner.

“Hyemi, we’re supposed to eat here,” Sunggyu emphasized ‘here’, pointing at where he was sitting.

“I know,” she replied, “But I thought it’d feel more like a home to sit around a table on the floor. Just like old times, remember?” Hyemi smiled and motioned for them to sit where she was. Sunggyu hesitated before walking over while the twins moved quickly.

Hyemi was trapped between the twins as she sat, her smile faded a tad bit into a faint blush, but she composed herself to her poker face. Hyemi fidgeted around to get comfortable, but in the end she gave up. Sunggyu sat in front of the three with a questioning glance towards her sister. She shrugged her shoulders and started to eat.

“So how was your day, Hyemi?” Soryong glanced towards her.

“Oh, it was fine. Work was normal as usual,” she smiled back after she answered, going back to eating curry. She hadn’t eaten breakfast this morning and she was starving.

“Hyemi, you have a bit of rice right there.”

“Here?”

“No.”

“Is it gone yet?” Soryong laughed at Hyemi as she tried to wipe away the rice. She kept failing and he thought it was cute.

“Let me get it for you,” he brought his hand to her cheek before brushing it away with his thumb. The rice was around her lips so he purposely brushed his fingers against her lips, caressing her cheek as well. She blushed at his actions while he smiled sweetly before going back to eating.

Sunggyu’s spoon fell to the floor and Daeryong’s jaw hit the table.

“Hey Hyemi, since you’re a messy eater I’ll feed you! Say ahhh~” Daeryong brought a spoon towards Hyemi and shoved it in before she could reject it. She only puffed out her cheeks and narrowed her eyes towards him.

Little did she know how Daeryong felt like hugging her to death.

Sunggyu couldn’t believe at what he was seeing; he specifically said to never do those types of things to his sister. Fumes were exploding from his ears as his fists balled up in his lap.

“You two are coming home with me tonight,” he said through gritted teeth, eyeing the two boys in front of them with all of his hate that started to boil deep down inside him. The twins gulped and concluded that tonight was going to be a sleepless night.

A/N: I wonder what Sunggyu is going to say to the twins lol. Well, Sunggyu is officially single in this story; is he going to get with someone by the end of the story? Hmm…so many questions that are left unanswered….

Sorry about the late update, I’ve been busy lately, but don’t fret! I’ll try to update more and more before school starts!

Hello new subscribers, how are you guys? Do you enjoy the story so far? I love each and everyone of you for always supporting this fic with your wonderful comments! Thank you so much:)

I apologize for any grammar/spelling errors~~