11-Fights Don't Last Long Between Us

Love Bites

 

“Is our baby a little upset by the rules?” Woohyun puckered up his lips, pressing them hard against each other. Hyemi put her book down, showing her face in disgust as she saw Woohyun’s face only a few inches away from hers.

“Woohyun, if you have time to talk with me then you should go feed some of the customers,” She buried her nose up in the book and dragged her eyes around the small text to where she left off.

“I’m on my break,” Woohyun spoke, forcing the book down with two fingers, “I’m here to talk to you about your annoying brother. I can’t believe that he saw that.”

“I can’t believe you actually care.”

“I’m only looking out for you, Kim Hyemi.” Hyemi felt herself shiver on the inside; Woohyun never said her full name unless he was being serious.

“I know,” she sighed, closing the book shut, “It’s just so frustrated that he would do that! Doesn’t he know that I’m already 21, a second year student in school, and that I’m already living on my own?”

“Correction: Living on your own with two grown men,” he waved a finger in the air. Hyemi rolled her eyes at what he said.

“The point is I’m an adult and I should be able to make my own decisions! Besides, I’ve never done anything wrong.”

“Not yet, anyway. You know, you should at least act like you’re doing your job and not talking to me; that table has been eyeing the menu for over ten minutes.”

~~

 “What was that?” Daeryong always went straight to the point, sometimes making a light conversation really awkward for the others. Soryong always knew when to be straight to the point and when to mingle around the subject; he knew how to act around each and every person so they don’t feel uncomfortable.

“What was what?” Soryong replied, fumbling with his car keys. They finally got a car today; it was their old one from the states. If it wasn’t for their rich CEO daddy, they wouldn’t be able to get this car over.

“You know what I’m talking about,” Daeryong took the set of keys away from Soryong, his gaze burning holes into the younger’s head. He felt really uncomfortable when his twin did that. Soryong gripped his neck, rubbing the skin with his hand.

“So what if I do?”

“Why were you doing that?”

“Because I felt like doing it.”

“So she’s a toy to you. You just hug her out of nowhere because you feel like it? Next thing I’ll see you doing is just asking her to cook stuff for you and then not saying thank you.”

“Don’t push me around, Dae.”

“Why shouldn’t I?”

“Just stop it. You want to know the truth? I’ll give you the truth.”

“Then just say it.”

“I was jealous of what you were doing to Hyemi. I felt like you took something away from me. You always do that. You did that with Jia, Victoria, and even Jiyong. You always took my piece of happiness away from me; I’m not letting you do that again.” Soryong walked off with a dazed looking twin left behind him.

“If that’s how you want to play, then we will play that game,” he smiled before running up to his brother.

“Race you to the door!” Dae shouted over his shoulder, his smile growing wider when he saw his twin smile back at him. No matter what happens, they’ll always make up somehow, but they’re passion towards the same girl will never ever burn away.

~~

“Sunggyu, what are you doing here?” Hyemi dropped the bags from her hands, took the leashes off the dogs, and let them run wild to their daddy.

“Oh, daddy missed you too. Oh, oh that tickles,” Sunggyu laughed, petting the each dog.

“I said what are you doing here?” Hyemi spoke through gritted teeth. She was flustered from this morning’s telephone call and she was not ready to see Sunggyu in front of her.

“A brother can’t come see his loving sister?” Sunggyu slung his arm around Hyemi’s shoulder, “What’s today’s dinner? Can I stay over? Your dogs seem to not mind.”

“Excuse me, they’re your dogs; I’m just holding on to them because your girlfriend doesn’t want dog fur all over the couch. You should go home to her and have her cook you food,” Hyemi pushed him to the side and went to the kitchen.

“But I miss my sister!”

“You talked to me this morning.”

“But I wanted to see my sister!”

“You already saw me. There, both of your wishes are given to you so I expect you to leave now.”

“Bu-but…”

“Hyemi, we’re home!” Two voices synchronized together interrupted the sibling’s fight. Hyemi leaned over the counter and saw the twins walk over to them.

“Oh, seems like its curry tonight!” Daeryong exclaimed, putting the bag down to the floor.

“What have I told you about putting your bag onto the floor? And your shoes!” Hyemi took the bag from the floor and to Daeryong’s hands. She patted his sides so that he would move along to his rooms, despite him wearing his shoes.

“How come you always never take your shoes off?” Hyemi was the first to speak when the door closed behind them.

“To annoy you.”

“Really?” Hyemi let out an exasperated puff of air, like always.

“To hear your voice and to see you scrunch your nose like that. I like seeing you annoyed because I’m the one who caused it,” Daeryong said nonchalantly, taking out a change of clothes from the box. He really should clean up his room; it’s been almost a week since he’s been roomed here.

“What?” Hyemi’s voice went down two octaves in surprise, the word ‘what’ coming out softly.

“I just like knowing that I was the one who created your annoyance. Now, do you mind?” He turned his back on her as he started to pull his shirt off. Hyemi covered her eyes with her hands, turning around to face the door.

“What are you doing?” She hissed in panic.

“I’m changing, you dummy. Look, if it means anything to you I’ll stop wearing my shoes in the house. Now I’m hungry, can you make me dinner?”

“Will you stop putting your arms around my neck? Do you want me to choke?”

On the other side of the house, Soryong flailed his arms in anger. His mind boiled because of the fight he had with his twin before he stepped into the house. He was slightly annoyed that his brother, let alone his twin brother thought like that. Twins were supposed to have a strong bond and that bond wasn’t supposed to lead them to where they were now. They’re supposed to be nice to each other. Of course there’s a rule that the older should get more respect, that didn’t account on them at this point in life. But he couldn't act selfish even at a time like this.

“Why are you so flustered?” Sunggyu patted his friend’s back, watching his friend yell into his hands.

“Everything . My work , my brother , and furthermore my love life .”

“Sorry, can’t help you with anything about that. You know I’m here if you need anyone to talk to, right?” The younger of them nodded and fell on one side of his body. He was tired with it all. Soryong was just tired from what happened. He closed his eyes, hoping that he’d drift off to dreamland after what happened.

A/N: This is a pretty short chapter, but I wanted to update today^^ A small Daeryong and Woohyun moment in here because the last chapter had a Soryong moment in there~ I reread the last chapter and there were so many mistakes in there like no joke. I’m so sorryOTL

And hello new subscribers! Thanks for always supporting my fic:)