21-First Meetings

Love Bites

 

“Good morning,” Sunggyu kissed her forehead, brushing her long black hair away to get a better lock of her face. It was early in the morning; six o’clock, to be exact, but the sun was halfway up and the sky was a beautiful blue. All the signs of nocturnal life were nowhere to be found. The only sound he could hear was the chirping of the crickets and even that was hard to listen to unless he really concentrated, especially since the windows were closed. He smiled as she snuggled closer to his chest, mumbling words in her sleep which made her appear cuter than she already was. Sunggyu wished that this moment would last without the pang of guilt that beat like a dream in his heart. For God’s sake, he was his best friend, but he betrayed him. Some best friend he is.

Without trying to make as much noise, Sunggyu pushed the sheets aside and headed towards the kitchen to make a fresh cup of coffee to get his body working in the crack of dawn, but considering that he was in bed for another thirty minutes to stare at his loved one, he didn’t really need his body jittery from the coffee because it was already shaking with love on the inside. He was just pouring in the last drip of coffee when he felt a pair of arms wrap around from behind him.

“Morning, honey,” He could feel her press against him. She’s probably standing on her tip toes since her head was resting on Sunggyu’s shoulder.

“Want some?” Sunggyu smiled, thinking about how lucky he was to have her.

“Mmm, maybe a sip from your cup.”

He gave her his cup, looking up and down at her body as she started to drink the hot liquid, grinning with amusement as he saw her fan her tongue out, trying to get it to cool down. She was wearing his white, cotton shirt and her hair was down, just how he liked it. The shirt went all the way down to her knees and her legs peeked out, long and lean.

“What are you staring at?” His eyes flickered back to hers when he heard her say it. Sunggyu smirked, hugging her as he took the cup away from her.

“You.”

Jae laughed, her head lunging backwards as she produced sounds that seemed to spark twinkles of lights and stars to pop up in Sunggyu’s mind. He loved her smile, her laughter that sounded like a three year olds when they get the chance to hug their teddy bear or get a scoop of their favorite ice cream, the way she pouts when Sunggyu calls to tell her that he can’t make it to dinner, or the way she bites her lips when she’s thinking; he loves every inch of her.

“Was it good?”

“Yeah, but it was hot.”

“You’re hot,” Sunggyu winked before going in for a sweet and sensual peck on her lips.

--

“This balls,” Woohyun’s remark caught Jae off hand. Her lunch almost slipped from her sweat-clad hands-so much for being graceful.

“What does?”

“Everything.”

“Woohyun, I thought we talked about this. You said you understood about Sunggyu and I-“

“I do understand, but what I don’t understand is why I’m the only one who can’t seem to get a decent significant other. You and I were going out just fine, all perfect and dandy, until that stupid accident ruined everything.”

“I know and I’m sorry, you know I tried to resist the urges. Woohyun, seeing Sunggyu again brought so many emotions back. It’s like the feeling you get whenever you see Hyemi.”

“Hate?”

“No,” Jae chuckled, “Why would you even say ‘hate’? I thought that you loved her.”

“I do, but seeing her and Daeryong together makes me cringe. I feel like barfing out my breakfast whenever I see the two cuddle together in the morning,” Woohyun stuck his tongue out, crossing his ankles under the table while Jae giggled a girly shrill.

“Woohyun, I can’t believe you’d say that.”

“I can say the same for when I saw you and Sunggyu. Refresh my mind as to why you went with him again and not me, the cute guy, not to mention cute, young guy?”

“It’s that feeling of true love, butterflies fluttering in my stomach, anticipation, excitement, the feeling as if I’m on the top of the world, happiness, knowing that someone understand me, and-“

“I do not want to hear this,” Woohyun held the bridge of his nose with his fore finger and index finger, holding up the other one with his palm wide open, fingers stretched up towards the ceiling.

“You’re the one who asked.”

“I can’t believe you feel those things with wrinkly Grandpa Gyu.”

“Woohyun,” Jae’s stern voice brought Woohyun to roll his eyes at her as he ignored the steam storming out of her ears.

“I know that you realized you couldn’t stop thinking about him and that it was wrong and blah blah blah, but still. I don’t know if I should be offended because you used me to forget about someone or feel sick because the story of you reuniting with your first love is cheesy, cheesier than what I’d usually say.” Woohyun pointed out, causing Jae to stuff rice down his throat so that he would shut his big mouth.

“Well, didn’t we both use each other?” Woohyun cocked his eyebrow, not understanding what Jae was saying.

“Oh don’t play dumb, I know how someone looks like when thye like someone. I see the way you look at her.”

“Who?”

“We talked about this earlier,” Jae sighed, “Hyemi.” Woohyun regretted sticking the mouthful of rice between his lips because he started coughing out bits and pieces of rice. He swung his arms, trying to pronounce ‘water,’ yet failed as he spurted out balls of rice rather than words. Jae made a face, trying to contain the laughter in and patted her ex. She handed him the yellow plastic cup filled with crystal-clear liquid and watched in amusement as he gulped down every inch of water that could gushed down inside him.

“I can’t believe you know.”
“Anyone can figure it out, no matter how much you keep it in. Plus, Sunggyu told me about it.”

“Plus, Sunggyu told me about it,” Woohyun mimicked in a high pitch voice, receiving a playful slap on the head.

“Hey, I’m telling Sunggyu that you’re abusing his best friend!”

I’m pretty sure he wouldn’t care considering that you eye his baby sister every day and every minute you see her!” Jae waved her hand to him as she walked out of the staff room. Boy, if she had a camera to take a picture of how red his face was, she’d send it to everyone, maybe even post it on the bulletin board behind the cash register.

--

Jae met Sunggyu on a rainy day when she went out to buy some dinner. She was living on her own in a comfy apartment for one, exactly what she promised her parents she’d do. Because she didn’t want to be part of the family business, she wanted to start fresh and how fresh could she get if she lived in a neighborhood filled with bus boys, chandeliers on the ceilings, rich fur coats adorned by women with their hair up, pinned with gorgeous bejeweled accessories on cold, autumn nights? Not much-they recognized her as soon as she stepped into the neighborhood, but they didn’t bother her with many questions. The only interaction she really gets from rich families were invitations for balls, parties, and lunch-ins, which Jae went to on occasion if she wasn’t busy with helping upcoming idols obtain better vocal skills.

Working at a rival company against Sunggyu’s company wasn’t in her attention until the morning after she spent it with him.

“Where are you going?” She asked him, staring at Sunggyu from her bed. Jae could still see the sheen spread of sweat on his back. His hair wasn’t damp unlike yesterday. Maybe it was all in luck that he forgot his umbrella and was looking around for one of his relatives in the grocery store and Jae was there with an umbrella and was looking for dinner. Little did they know that they’d have their own party of two.

“I’m going to work.”

“Already? It’s still six in the morning.”

“Exactly. I have to be there in an hour and I have to get changed. Don’t you have work, too?” Sunggyu nudged his chin towards the calendar to which Jae turned her head towards, eyes growing bigger as she saw the big circle on the date.

“Shoot, I have to go watch auditions.”

“See, you have work too, but I’m sure that we’ll have more auditions than your company so it won’t be a big deal if you go to yours.”

“Excuse me? Just what are you implying?”

“I’m implying that my company is better than AS, Ms. Jae,” Sunggyu smirked, pecking Jae’s nose before bringing her up to her feet.

“Now let’s get you dressed. I’ll drive you to work today.”

--

“Why are you smiling?” Sunggyu brushed Jae’s hair out of her eyes. It was the same weather as they met-rainy and a bit chilly, but that only meant more cuddle time.

“I’m smiling because I’m with you,” Jae held her hands in Sunggyu’s, loving the way it fit naturally. Maybe it was luck or the weather or the situation, but they ticked in time perfectly at this moment.

A/N: ;o;o;o;o;o;o; sorry for neglecting this story, I was swamped with bunch of work, like no joke /sobs in a corner.

AP classes give so much work and on top of other things, I haven’t been able to update this fic, but I hope that it was worth the wait:) I noticed that people have unsubscribed, but I understand. Hello new subscribers, and old ones, and thank you so much for staying with me<3 I love you all and for always showing me support no matter what!

I’ll be updating on how Hyemi is doing later…maybe in the next chapter. Hopefully, I’ll be able to update sometime this week!

P.S-I apologize for any grammar/spelling errors. I’ll make sure to revise later on!