20-Explanations

Love Bites

 

It’s been a week since the last time Hyemi took the test. To her luck, she was glad the test was negative. When she told Woohyun, a sigh of relief laced in with happiness and ease escaped from his lips. Sure, he had a small ball of hope in the back of his mind that Hyemi would be pregnant with their child, but he shook that idea aside as soon as he got an angry phone call from Sunggyu about his baby sister growing up way too fast for his liking. As much as he liked (or loved) Hyemi, he didn’t want to risk losing his head.

Hyemi was about to open the drawer, in the bathroom, full of lady goods (i.e pads, pads, and more pads) when Soryong barged in, opening the mirror, and revealing shelves full of toiletries.

“Ah, Hyemi,” Hyemi turned to him with sharp movements, trying not to appear so nervous in front of her male roommate who doesn’t know anything about what happened, but failed miserably. Soryong could pick out that something was clearly bothering this young college girl, but he decided to not hold it against her. After all, she did lead a pretty hectic life.

“Can I borrow your toothbrush? Mine just fell into the sink.”

“Can’t you use Daeryong’s? Don’t use mine, that’s just gross. I don’t want any germs from a brother of that cheesy, flared up hair-do man,” Hyemi’s nose scrunched up in disgust, her eyebrows furrowed together.

“Then can you get me a toothbrush? Is there one in that drawer? I remember seeing spares in one of these.” Soryong points towards the drawer that Hyemi was pressing into so it wouldn’t burst open with pregnancy tests and pads. She could already feel the thin layer of sweat being produced on her face. This was not a safe situation, not at all. Red lights and high-pitched sirens were exploding in her mind while she tried to keep herself from not burning up in embarrassment. If Soryong happened to open this drawer, she was in deep dog doo doo.

“Why don’t you go buy one? It’s Sunday, you should go out. Maybe even bring the dogs with you for a walk. You know, they’ve been wanting to play with their big brother Soryong!”

“But I always go out!”

“That’s why you have such a nice body. Now can you please go?”

“I have a nice body? It’s about time you noticed,” Soryong winked as he walked backwards towards the door.

“Yeah, yeah, can you just leave?” She blew her hair so that it went up in the air as she rolled her eyes at Soryong’s cockiness. And to think that Daeryong was filled with arrogant, egotistical, cockiness.

“Fine,” Soryong’s shoulders slumped over, an invisible cloud of grey hanging over his head. He secretly hoped that the two would spend the time he had today.

“But I won’t go before I see what’s in the drawer!” Soryong swung the bathroom door open right after he closed it. There he was met with Hyemi who was blushing like mad with a pregnancy test in her right palm, the left placed over her quick-paced heart that raced with panic. She tried to get air back into her lungs before their crawled out of her body. As she did so, she almost chocked on her own saliva. Hyemi was in deep dog doo doo.

--

“I should be the one mad at you, not the other way around. How are you going to explain this to me, huh? Do you know that it’ll be my responsibility since I’m your teacher and roommate if you’re caught red-handed with this stuff in front of your brother? I’m your brother’s friend for Christ’s sake; he’s going to throw a temper tantrum as soon as he sees these scattered on the bathroom floor. You better clean that up, by the way. Don’t worry, I’ll help you.”

“I already told you that my friend got me curious about how it works.”

“So you bought a bunch of different types of tests? Do you think I was born yesterday?” Soryong ignored Hyemi muttering “I wish,” and continued, “Something must have happened for you to buy all of these. I know that you wouldn’t go out buying a lot of items unless something is wrong. Tell me Hyemi, as a friend, did something happen between you and Daeryong?”

“No! We’re not even going out, Soryong,” Hyemi hissed the last part, afraid that Daeryong might be awake and eavesdropping on the other side of the room. She didn’t check to see if he was out of bed, like she usually does. She was just so upset with what had happened. She didn’t mean for anyone, except Woohyun, to know the whole situation, but here Hyemi is, being interrogated by her roommate (and teacher) about why she has those pregnancy tests stashed in the bathroom drawer.

“Oh thank God. What about Woohyun?” Hyemi took a sharp breath in, eyes shutting closed as she heard him say the name.

“Hyemi,” Soryong took a hold of her hands, gently rubbing her knuckles in a loving manner with his fingers, “What happened?”

“I-we don’t know what happened. One moment we were drunk, kissing all the way to his house. The next thing I know, poof! I’m stark in his bed the day after, with him right next to me. I-we both looked for condoms, but there weren’t any I was so scared and so I just…I’m taking these to make sure, okay? Please, don’t tell Daeryong. Just not him,” Hyemi’s voice got lost in her tears that rolled down her cheeks. No matter how many times she tried to talk again, it made it harder for her to breath. She felt as though the air thought that she was guilty with these irresponsible actions that it had to choke her.  Hyemi felt as though someone was gripping on . Soryong pulled her into a hug, keeping a tight hold on her. He pecked her forehead, whispering in her ear that everything’s going to be okay.

“Well figure it out soon. Let’s put the tests somewhere where he won’t find it, like maybe a box in your room in your closet? That might be good. Come on; let’s get you taking the tests. The quicker you do it, the faster we’ll all know, right? Stop crying, it’ll be okay,” Soryong tried his best to coo the girl into a safe place on her mind. Of course, he was old enough to understand that it might not be okay, that there’s a small probability lying somewhere in the future that things are going to go wrong, but he couldn’t bring his heart to say that out loud. After all, she probably knew best that things weren’t going to be all rainbows and everything nice.

“What if it’s not? What if I do have a baby? What if-“

“Shh, don’t think about the negative aspects of this situation. Once you do, you can’t stop. Your mind just starts rolling down that road. Just clear it up and take the test. We’ll cross the bridge when we get there, okay?” Hyemi nodded her head and dragged her feet towards the door. In approximately two days she’ll know if her life will drastically change or stay the same.

She hoped that it’ll be normal.

A/N: This chapter felt slightly…angsty. I hope the readers liked some of the Soryong moments though:) I know that I enjoyed writing the moments! I was glad that I got to write the twins, I really missed writing about them. I wonder how long it’s been since I’ve last written them…but anyway, I promised that the twins (or one of the twins) are going to appear in this chapter! I’ll be writing Daeryong soon~~:3

Annd on that note about writing characters in chapters, I’ll be explaining about what happened between Sunggyu, Jae, and Woohyun in the upcoming chapter, although some of you may have already guessed what happened. I’m accepting oneshot requests so just message me and I’ll see what I can do!

Hello new subscribers!! Thanks for subscribing and showing all your love and support to this fic! I’ll try my best to update as much as I can! BTW, I reread the last chapter and there were so many mistakes, I’ll be revising soon! I apologize for any grammar/spelling errors:3