18-Truth Be Told I...

Love Bites

 

Hyemi POV

“Hyemi I-“

“Hyemi! You’re home!” Soryong, out of nowhere, twirled by body around and hugged me from behind as if to protect me from something. Daeryong’s soft gaze turned into an intense glare, making me wonder why he was acting up. Did Soryong and Daeryong get in another fight again? Usually they make up by now, but is it a problem that cannot be solved by their fooling around? Why am I so out of the loop? All of this college work and café work is just driving me nuts. That’s probably why I’m so out of the loop.

“Yeah, I just got home a few minutes ago,” I look up to Soryong, putting my hands on his. He smiled sweetly, making me weak in the knees.

“I didn’t notice until I heard Daeryong yell out Hyemi” he tilted his head back as he laughed. I could see his adams apple moving up and down….pretty attractive if you ask me.

“Well, I should start on my papers again. Call me when it’s dinner, okay?” Soryong quickly pecked me on the cheek before loosening his grip on me and walking away. Well, at least someone’s in a good mood. I take the ingredients from the bag and start storing them into the fridge, completely ignoring Daeryong’s existence. I swear he was about to say something, but I couldn’t hear it because Soryong barged in. I could feel Daeryong’s eyes on me, watching my every move. I was about to walk into my room until he gripped me by the wrist and pinning me onto the wall.

“Hyemi,” he growled, his soul seemed to be pouring out from his eyes that stared straight into mine. I gulped a bit, darting my eyes at different kitchen objects that might get me out of this situation. I don’t want to use a knife or a kitchen board…maybe I could use that kitchen board to knock him out. I could yell out Soryong, but-

“Hyemi look at me,” my train of thought was cut off from his voice.

No One POV

“Hyemi,” Daeryong whispered into her ear, causing her shiver in his hold. He took his grip off of her wrists, making her sigh in relief, and put his arms around her waist to pull her in closer. Hyemi could feel Daeryong’s hot, steamy breath on the crook of her neck. It made her shiver, but in a different way than before.

“Yes?” She whispered into the air, trying her best to calm herself down from the situation. After all, this doesn’t happen every day so she has no clue as to what to do. Hyemi’s cheeks turned into a dusty pink color to a slight red color from the embarrassing thoughts that ran across her mind.

“Hyemi, I can’t hold back anymore. I don’t like seeing you with Woohyun or Soryong or any other man besides me. Hyemi I know Sunggyu wouldn’t allow it, but I just want you to know my feelings,” Daeryong slowly lifted his head so that he was looking into her bright brown orbs.

“Daeryong don’t.”

“No, I have to. Hyemi, be mine?”

--

A week passed by since then. Things felt awkward between Hyemi and Daeryong after quite some time. It’s not that it was intended-both of them wanted to feel happy and get together as a couple, and yet it wasn’t the right timing. Whenever Daeryong put his arms around Hyemi’s waist to pull her body closer to his, his brother strolled into the scene and stopped it from happening.

Of course, Soryong wasn’t dumb; he knew what was going on between the two. As the good brother that he is, he should support Daeryong, but he just didn’t want to lose this time. He clearly remembers stating that he doesn’t want to back down from this fight, yet it seems as though the battle has already ended.

Hyemi chose Daeryong. Daeryong is happy. Soryong is furious.

But that isn’t the exact story.

After Daeryong confessed his feelings, Hyemi was shocked. This gorgeous hunk chose a girl like her (to which she doesn’t object at all), but she didn’t know what to do. She’s never dated seriously and he seemed pretty serious about being in a relationship with her; that made her scared. Yet, Hyemi feels so attached to Daeryong since day one. It seemed pretty obvious to Woohyun, but he didn’t say a word. He doesn’t have a place to say anything now that his relationship was messed up.

Apparently, Jae and Sunggyu went ‘grocery shopping’ a few days ago. Woohyun finally thought that he got the best thing he could ever get: a girlfriend who wasn’t such a big blonde/brunette bimbo. A girlfriend who didn’t act cute just to get his attention. A girlfriend who was intelligent, y, beautiful, kind, and all of these other marvelous skills and characteristics he would want in a girlfriend. If only that girlfriend didn’t meet up with Sunggyu, Woohyun wouldn’t be sitting at this bar along with Hyemi.

“Think of it this way: at least you have a few options. I, well, I have none,” Woohyun downed the drink in one go, forcing his stomach to keep the drink in. It was his fifth (or was it his seventh?) drink tonight and tonight just felt like one of those nights that he’d get drunk easily.

“Then Woohyun, think of it this way: You just got closer into finding the girl of your dreams,” Hyemi scrolled down her inbox, rolling her eyes at the several text messages from Sunggyu and Daeryong about when are you coming home, I miss you, we should talk, and be careful for bad boys, etc etc. She appreciated the concerns and sweetness of these texts, but she is a big girl now. She can handle bad boys and being missed without missing the person.

Truth be told, she did sort of miss Daeryong. Hyemi’s been trying to avoid him for a while, despite the rare occasional hugs, it’s a subject she just didn’t want to talk about.

“What if the girl of my dreams is sitting right next to me?” Woohyun looked straight to the bulletin board that was on the black, matte walls of the classy 50s-esque bar. Although it seemed glamorous, the shots were cheap and tasted nasty; just the way Saturday night drinking goes for the infamous Nam Woohyun. The cheaper the alcohol, the easier the women are.

“Blue Bob Wig Girl? No, I don’t think she’s someone to mess with. I’m pretty sure that, although this is stupid and snarky and just idiotic and mean in so many ways, you like girls with long real hair, not extensions and weird colors,” Hyemi pointed out, taking the shot glass to her lips. She slowly drank the beverage, letting it ooze inside of her. In an instant, she felt warmer and started to feel the heat buildup from the tips of her toes.

“What if I’m talking about you?”

“Me?” Hyemi squeaked before laughing violently, “Me? Are you crazy?”

The corners of his lips tugged into a frown, a small pout was being formed.

“What if I wasn’t joking?”

“What if wha-“

Maybe it was the drinking all the drinks part or reading all those stupid text messages made her go crazy in her mind, but she just let herself get kissed by Nam Woohyun, her best friend and past crush. She didn’t tug on his shirt, whine, hit, slap, kick, or smack any of his body parts. Hyemi just let Nam Woohyun’s lips go over hers in a gentle manner. Despite both minds feeling muddy from all that alcohol, Woohyun was still a great kisser. No messes were made and not too much tongue either; it was perfect. Hyemi was perfectly alright with that.

But will she remember it all in the morning?

A/N: WHEW I updated *throws confetti into the air* yay~ I think I’ll be updating once a week from now on, just a heads up^^ From school to piano to vocal lessons to sports to NHS to probably student council in the next few weeks, I won’t have time to update much, but that doesn’t mean I’ll forget!

So…Daeryong told Hyemi. Hyemi is happy, yet unsure. Soryong believes that he lost, but he won’t back down and  Woohyun…well, he’s just being Woohyun and just crashing everyone’s dreams. Sunggyu broke his ‘promise’ that he had with Jae, but did he really break it or was it some misunderstanding between three people? What in the world is happening?!

Lol, honestly I don’t know either….but hey, thanks for always supporting this fic and giving me a lot of loving<3 Hello new subscribers!!! Thanks for subscribing and giving so much support and love to this fic, it truly means a lot to me!

I apologize for any grammar/spelling errors

Until next time:)