4-Dance Dance For A Job

Love Bites

 

The smell of bittersweet coffee wafted throughout the hallways of the apartment room. Soryong sat on top of the kitchen counter, waiting for the drink to brew as he skimmed and scanned the various articles in the daily newspaper.

“What are you doing?” Soryong turned around to see Daeryong come into the room, hugging a throw pillow tightly to his chest. His brows scrunched up while squinting his eyes, trying to read the column that read “Part-Time Jobs”

“You’re seriously looking at that now?” He asked, setting the pillow onto the couch, “I’ll find a job soon, I promise.”

“I’m trying to help you out, Daeryong. I only want the best for you,” Soryong sighed, going to get two cups out of the cupboard. He was sure that Hyemi wouldn’t mind him trashing up the kitchen as long as he cleaned up before she woke up. Besides, he attempted to cook eggs for her.

“I know, but I can do it. I’m going to go to that university with you today so I can apply.” Soryong gave him a scorn, but quickly turned his attention back to the coffee he was pouring.

“You can’t.”

“Why not?”

“You just can’t, okay? There’s bound to be other schools and job offers. For instance, you can go to this job at this time and teach dance to kids. The classes are divided into the levels of the students; I’m sure you’ll be great at that. You’re good at dancing and they pay you quiet well. I’ve heard it’s a great place with great opportunities! It’s part of some entertainment company and this ad’s been in this newspaper for a long time. I’ve been eyeing it just for you.”

 “Well someone’s being helpful,” Daeryong snorted, “But I guess it’ll do. Do you think they’d care if I came in unannounced?”

“I don’t know, it just says to call them up with this number. Uh-huh-huh, where do you think you’re going mister?”

“I’m going to the company?”

“Not in those clothes you’re not. Did you not listen to what I just said? Call them up first,” Soryong pulled his twin back into the house by the collar, “Ew, take a shower first.”

~~

Hyemi wasn’t sure as to what she was going to do. She didn’t have a wink of sleep and as soon as she did, she was woken up by the alarm clock she forgot to turn off. Then again, she had to go out with Woohyun later to the amusement park. They hadn’t set up a time, but she was sure that he was going to call her around noon, saying that he was hungry and he might die if she didn’t cook him something.

“I’m not his slave or whatever,” she muttered under her breathe, swinging her legs out of the sheets so that she would stand up from the bed. She didn’t care if she was half asleep; she didn’t want to look like crap when her friend arrived. In an instant, her feet walked to the bathroom so that she could brush her teeth and wash her face. Hyemi didn’t notice the smell of burnt eggs or heard the sound of running water.

After she washed her face and stood upright to look in the mirror, her eyes grew larger. There was Daeryong staring right back in the mirror, eyes wide open as hers. They both stood there with mouths agape. Daeryong suddenly gasped; he realized that he had nothing on but a towel that was wrapped around his waist. Not knowing what to do, Hyemi turned around and started to shove him out of the door, not uttering a single word. Her face was flushed bright red and she hoped to God that the heat didn’t travel to her hands (cause if they did, he’d notice that she was redder than a tomato).

Daeryong’s mouth was still hanging open, even after the loud slamming of the door and a loud yell of these words that were from the other side of the door:

“THIS IS NOT THE REALITY I WANTED!!!”

“Bro, is something wrong? I heard some screaming and why don’t you have any clothes on?” Daeryong’s mind went back from his daydream. He had seen her wearing nothing but blue cotton shorts and a black-sleeved baseball tee with her hair up in a messy bun. Now that he thought of it, she sure had some nice legs.

“Daeryong!”

“Huh, what?”

“Come on, stop drooling and get some breakfast.”

“Oh god, not breakfast from hell,” Daeryong groaned, walking back to his room so he’d at least wear some decent clothes.

~~

Hyemi’s mind was still fuzzy. She was still contemplating on getting out of the bathroom, until one of the roomie’s knocked loudly on the door, whining that he had to use the bathroom.

“Sorry,” she muttered, clenching a towel around her body.

“Hyemi, I don’t know if you notice this, but you are wearing clothes under a towel,” Hyemi only nodded at Soryong’s remark.

“Aigoo, you’re such a unique girl. By the way, your phone’s been ringing nonstop.”

“OH NO, WOOHYUN I’M COMING!” She ran back to her room, diving into the bed, waking up the dogs from the slumber as she did.

Hyemi POV

“Aww, babies I’m sorry! I woke you up, didn’t I? I bet you’re hungry, let’s get you some food!” I snatched the phone and gestured for them to follow me in to the kitchen. I placed their bowls in front of them and started to fill it up with food, answering the ringing phone.

“Hello?”

“Hyemi-ah! I’m so hungry that if I don’t eat, I’m going to die,” I heard Woohyun whine into the phone, probably making a pouty face as we speak.

“Then just come up here, you know you’re welcome anytime.”

“You’re the best! Oppa loves you so much.”

“Ew, if you do something like that I swear I’m going to stop letting you come into my house.”

“Don’t say that and open the door; I’m already outside.”

“Hurry up and come in, the door’s open.” I step over the dog’s bowls and go back to the cabinet and put the food away. I was about to turn around, but I felt two hands go over my eyes.

“Guess who~”

“Woohyun!” I smile after feeling the hands uncover my eyes and wrap themselves around my waist. Woohyun rested his head on my shoulder as he back hugged me.

“Good afternoon, sleepyhead.”

“Good afternoon to you too, beggar,” I laugh, “Let go, I have to cook for you.”

“No, I don’t ever want to let go of you, wifey~” Our giggle fit was stopped from a cough that appeared in front of us.

“I’ll just put these dishes over here. Sorry about the mess my brother made, Hyemi. I can clean up if you want to,” Daeryong stood awkwardly in front of us, not looking in my eyes. I nod in disagreement.

“It’s alright, I can fix it up. Do you want some food, too?”

“No, it’s okay. I’ll leave now, I have a uh…”

“A…?”

“A date! Yeah, I have a date with someone. I’ll be back late, don’t worry about me!” Daeryong set the plates on the counter and dashed out of the kitchen. He has a girlfriend? Oh, poo. I was hoping that he wouldn’t have a girlfriend. What am I saying? I strictly promised to myself a few years back that I’ll never date roommates or friends of my brother’s, no matter how cute and adorable and gorgeous they are! Plus, he’s a brother of a music teacher at MY university; that’d be bad publicity for them.

“Hyemi-ah, I can help you out with the dishes,” Woohyun said, slipping away from the hug.

“That’d be nice. Thanks, Woohyun.”

“Anything for the greatest dongsaeng in the world~” Aish, this greaseball.

Daeryong POV

Why did I lie to her?! I don’t have a date, but a lousy meeting about my job. How can I be so stupid and lie to her beautiful face?

Daeryong now is not the time to think about her, but the time to think about the job. Take it cool and act professional. Laugh at corny jokes and try your hardest to get the job!

“Mr. Kim is ready to see you now,” a girl around my age with a dark blonde bob nods towards me, her fingers busy clicking different keys on the computer. I bow slightly and go inside the office.

“Yes and don’t forget to give him a call. Now if you’ll excuse me, I think my one o’ clock is here,” I could see a guy in a black suit in front of a desk. His back was turned towards me so I couldn’t exactly see who it was, but his voice does seem familiar.

“Now, your name is Jung Daeryong, correct?”

“Yes, sir.”

“Do you have any experience with teaching dance or music?”

“Not really, but I have expe-“

“I only wanted an answer.”

“I do not, sir.”

“How many years of dance have you experienced and did you help assist any classes?”

“I’ve learned dance for about over ten years and yes I did assist many of these classes as I grew older (A/N: remember, all of this is fiction so I’m just making up the years and what not)”

“Well, you seem pretty decent,” the man in the black suit turned around to face me, “Welcome to K.S Entertainment, Jung Daeryong.”

“Sunggyu?!”

“Yup that’s me, Daeryong!”

“This is your job? You’ve never told me your job because you’re the president of this company?”

“Well, life has to be full of surprises or else it wouldn’t be fun; isn’t this great?”

“I guess so.”

“So, how’s my sister been? Anything happen yet?”

“What do you mean, ‘yet’?” I blush as he asked me the question. Ugh, I so shouldn’t be remembering what happened earlier today.

“Aha! So something DID happen!”

“No, nothing happened! Can you just give me the schedule so I can get out of here?”

“Yeah, yeah. Here, just come around this time and you’ll be great. You have the afternoon off on these days so you’ll be home to watch the dogs. You know that that’s one of the reasons why she wanted to get roommates, right?”

“She needs dog-sitters?”

“Yeah. I would’ve asked Woohyun, but he’d just do nothing except make a mess of the house so I thought you’d be a better candidate. Isn’t this great? You get to see your best friend every day from now on!”

“That’s totally what I’ve always wanted, Sunggyu.”

A/N: Daeryong gets a job~~^^ This means he can keep living with them~Hurray!!:) Writing the part about Daeryong being seen after showering by Hyemi was so awkward to write, I failed so badly OTL sorry readers>< And to clear any confusion up, Woohyun lives in the same apartment as Hyemi, he’s just a lazy bum so he doesn’t do much except sleep and go to work lolol

Hello new subscribers~~~^^ Thank you so much for subscribing<3  I give you all tasty cookies (LOLOLOL, get it? So corny.__.)

So many Daeryong feels…I should add Soryong in here more. As you all can tell, Soryong is like the stoic, proper, and ‘mature’ type of the twins while the other one is just greasy and a little bit of a ditz (or out of his mind I guess). It’s really different from how people see them on stage/real life, I guess. I mean, most people are like “OMOMOMOMOMO, they look so cool and hot and y~~” and I’m just like “Let’s make this one a little derpy and this one a little derpier (lol jk)” I hope you guys like the story so far:)

I apologize for any grammar/spelling errors!

P.S: I LOVE LOVE LOOOVE waking up to read all your wonderful comments. From now on I think I’m going to sleep earlier so I can wake up earlier and read your comments so my day would have a wonderful start:) I have like sleeping issues and I’ve been sleeping at ungodly hours; it >< Anyway, thank you for supporting this fic<3