My Wife, My Love, My Life

Me & My Honey

"She just... she wanted some ice cream, Ji," Seunghyun slurred, grabbing the bottle from Jiyong's hands and tipping it over his glass. "She just wanted a little bit of ice cream, and we didn't have any at home."

Jiyong nodded, keeping his eyes on the table as Seunghyun continued to drink. Seunghyun sighed, downing the glass and feeling it burn its entire way down his chest. He dropped his heavy head on the table, in pain and grief. Jiyong looked back at Daesung who was on the phone with Youngbae, explaining the situation. 

"I knew I didn't have the ability for a reason," he continued, closing his eyes tightly. "How we managed to keep a secret so long... I don't even know. I mean... Daesung..."

Daesung flinched on the other side of the room, quickly hanging up the phone before walking back to the table and sitting down next to Jiyong. The latter turned to look at him, both of them noticing that they had tears in their eyes at the state of their hyung. They couldn't do anything about it, though, so they would just watch Seunghyun until he passed out. 

"ing ice cream," Seunghyun said, slamming his fist against the table.

"Go sleep, Dae," Jiyong sighed. "This is going to take some time."

Daesung nodded with a sigh, pulling himself away from the table and going to the couch. He sent a final text message to Youngbae before closing his eyes, ready to fall asleep and forget that one of his best friends was breaking down. Jiyong sighed when Seunghyun looked up at him, pulling a new bottle from the cabinet and handing it to him.

"You're such a good friend, Ji," Seunghyun said. "So good."

"Thanks," Jiyong said, watching as Seunghyun popped the glass bottle open and began to pour into his glass again. 

"But you can't understand me," Seunghyun continued. "No one understands me."

"I'm trying," Jiyong replied, glancing back at Daesung as Seungri who were now sleeping heavily. "When's the last time we all got together and slept in the same place, hyung?"

"Who cares," Seunghyun spat out, drinking the entire glass again. "It's not like we can change anything." 

"It'd be nice to get together, though," Jiyong replied, watching as Seunghyun took another drink. "How much do you plan on drinking?"

"I never wanted to do it, Ji," Seunghyun ignored the question. "You know that, don't you?"

"I know," Jiyong replied, scratching his arm. 

"," Seunghyun hiccuped, gagging slightly. "We always have ice cream, why didn't we have any that night? Why did I ask her to go with me?"

"It's not your fault, Seunghyun," Jiyong said, reaching over to place his hand on Seunghyun's shoulder.
 


"Tabi," you whined, shoving Seunghyun in an attempt to wake him up. "Tabi!!!"

"Hmm?" Seunghyun groaned, opening his eyes a slit to look up at you.

"Tabi, Baby wants ice cream," you whined cutely, poking his shoulder. "Make me a bowl. Ne? Ne?"

"Baby, it's..." Seunghyun glanced over at the clock, leaning his head back on the pillow. "It's two in the morning."

"Aww," you sighed, squeezing his cheeks. "But Baby wants it!" 

"Does she really want it that much?" Seunghyun asked, sitting up and looking down at your swollen stomach. "Huh?"

"He really does," you said, nodding slightly. "So go make one."

"Alright," Seunghyun rolled his eyes, slipping out of the bed and slipping on his slippers. You watched as he circled the bed and kneeled down next to your side, looking up at you with a purposefully intent gaze before looking down at your tummy. "Just because my baby girl wants it, okay? Don't think I'm doing this for umma."

"Yah!" you scowled, smacking the side of his head.

"OW!" Seunghyun yelled. 

"I told you a million times that it's a boy and understand that as long as he's still in me, I come first!" you yelled, poking the tip of his nose with your finger. 

Seunghyun rolled his eyes and stood up, placing his hands against your stomach and bending down to press a kiss against your lips. He smirked when he felt the kick against his hand, pecking your lips again quickly before he ran out of the room. You sat back with a scowl and waited for him to come back, the craving for ice cream becoming stronger now that you knew you would get what you wanted. 

Not much later, Seunghyun walked back into the room, scratching the back of his head. You noticed he was empty handed and you pouted, ready to whine as much as you had to. He hushed you quickly by placing his finger against you lips, bending down slightly.

"We're out of ice cream," he mumbled. 

"What?" you asked, lips curling into a slight snarl. 

"Don't hit me please!" Seunghyun yelled immediately, grabbing your hands. "I'll go buy some, okay?"

"Aww, Tabi," you smiled, wrapping your arms around his neck in a hug. "You would do that for me?!"

"Of course," Seunghyun grunted, kissing the top of your head. "You want to come with me?"

"Really?" you grinned, pulling back. "Midnight trip!"

Seunghyun chuckled and helped you get out of the bed, making sure you were steady on your feet before rushing off to find you a comfortable jacket and a pair of sweats. When he came back he kneeled in front of you, helping you pull down your pajama bottoms and get into the sweats. You smiled when he pressed a kiss against your stomach before standing up and helping you put on the jacket. He got dressed quickly and held your hand the entire way to the car. 

You both slipped inside, and Seunghyun made sure you were buckled in properly before starting up the car. He was still anxious about driving, still getting used to it even though he had been doing it for five months already. He made sure everything was in order before even thinking about stepping on the pedal. He drove into the street and you reached for the radio, turning on BIGBANG's latest album for some background noise. You kept your hand on the volume control, making it as high as it would go whenever it came to Seunghyun's parts. Seunghyun chuckled and reached over to pat your head, before returning quickly to the steering wheel.

When he pulled into the actual streets he drove even more carefully, looking around twice before moving forward. You continued to play with the stereo, squealing from time to time when his raps in the songs were something you exceptionally loved. He was slightly distracted by your game, turning to look at you from time to time with a loving smile. You would return it with a wink before looking back down at the stereo. 

Exactly at the same moment Seunghyun turned to look at you, a drunk driver was having difficulty keeping himself on the road. The streets were empty, causing him to speed up. Seunghyun chuckled and looked away from you when you were done squealing and telling him how good he was, looking out the windshield. His eyes widened when he saw the headlights coming right at him and he gasped, turning to look at you. You glanced up at him curiously, the light from the car in front of you lighting up your entire face. Seunghyun stepped on the brakes, wrapping his arms around you as you lurched forward. He shut his eyes tightly when the car made impact with the other, your shriek deafening him. 
 


Seunghyun opened his eyes with difficulty, grunting at the pain all over his body. He remembered what happened and expected to be covered in blood, but all he could really feel was bruises forming in his skin. He looked up at the man dressed in white that was holding his head up.

"Sir!" he screamed. "Can you hear me, sir?!"

"I.." Seunghyun struggled to speak, settling for saying your name instead.

"I'm going to need to lay back down," the paramedic continued, pushing Seunghyun back on his back. "We'll get you to a hospital soon."

"My wife..." Seunghyun said weakly, his eyes closing again. 
 


When Seunghyun opened his eyes next he found himself in a white room, a sigh of relief made him snap his head to the side and he saw Jiyong looking down at him with a grimace. 

"Where.. where is she?" Seunghyun asked immediately, his voice broken. "Where is she?"

"She's..." Jiyong hesitated.

"WHERE THE IS SHE, JIYONG?!" Seunghyun yelled, shooting upward and jumping off the bed, grabbing Jiyong's shirt collar and shaking him.

"She's giving birth!" Jiyong screamed. "The impact... they need to get the baby out."

Seunghyun immediately let go, stumbling out of the room. 

"Hyung, you can't-"

"Take me there," Seunghyun turned to look at Jiyong, glaring at him. 

Jiyong shuddered, nodding his head and guiding Seunghyun to the room you were in. He flinched when he heard your screams, the doctors in the room were clearly panicking as they worked with you. Jiyong swallowed and stood back, pointing at the room. 

"SEUNGHYUN!" they heard you scream and Seunghyun immediately ran forward, pulling the door open and running inside. "TABI!"

"I'm right here," Seunghyun called out weakly, tears already spilling out of his eyes when he saw the state you were in. "I'm.."

"Get him out of here!" a doctor screamed, his hands under the blanket as you screamed again. "Push!"

Seunghyun struggled against the male nurses that were trying to push him out, landing a few blows on them until he made it to your side. The doctor stopped trying to get him out and instead instructed the people around you to control your wounds. Seunghyun grabbed your hand, pulling it up and looking down at you with blurry eyes.

"Seu.. Seunghyun," you choked out, clutching his hand tightly. 

"I'm sorry," Seunghyun sobbed, sinking down to his knees. "I'm so sorry."

"No.. no," you shook your head, looking down at him with a grim smile. "I'm so glad you're here."

"Hold on, okay?" Seunghyun said, kissing your hand and instantly tasting the copper on his lips. "Please hold on."

"Of course," you mumbled, nodding your head. "You're here now. I'm not afraid."

Seunghyun pulled himself to his feet, helping you through the entire process. Now that he was there you were actually cooperating with the doctor, pushing when he instructed you to and a few torturous minutes later, you heard the broken wail of your son. Seunghyun couldn't help the small smile that came to his lips, looking back at him.

"A boy," the doctor called out, handing him over to nurse for her to clean him up. "We're going to attend to your wounds now, if that's alright with you."

"He's safe now," you nodded, closing your eyes in exhaustion.

"Yah," Seunghyun shook your head. "Stay awake!"

"Just for a little while, Tabi," you murmured, but Seunghyun kept shaking you until you opened your eyes. "Told ya."

"What?" he said, pursing his lips tightly, holding back his tears for your sake.

"It's a boy," you managed to smirk, feeling bile rise up from your stomach. 

"Yeah, you win," Seunghyun nodded, chuckling slightly. "Now stop talking and get better."

"Seunghyun-ah," you called out, placing your hand against his cheek and smiling when he leaned into your touch. "Oppa."

"Don't oppa me," Seunghyun shook his head, still feeling his entire body warm up at the endearment. 

"Oppa," you said again, ignoring his words. "You know I love you, right, oppa?"

"Of course," Seunghyun said, looking at the nurses and doctors cleaning up your wounds furiously. "I love you, too."

"Say it," you whimpered, tears filling up your eyes.

"I love you, yeobo," Seunghyun nodded, wiping away your tears which were falling freely now. "Don't cry."

"It wasn't supposed to be like this," you shook your head, tasting your own blood in your mouth. "Do you remember how it was supposed to be?"

"I remember," Seunghyun nodded, continuing to wipe away your tears. "You were supposed to scream at me the entire ride to the hospital, ordering me around and making sure I knew everything I had to do in the house before we brought him back."

"Yeah," you nodded. "You were supposed to hold my hand and do those breathing exercises with me like they do in movies, remember?"

"I do," Seunghyun nodded, having difficulty with holding back his tears. "And when he was born, I was supposed to take a lot of pictures of you holding him. I was supposed to help you change his clothes, clean him up, pat his back after you fed him."

"Yeah," you nodded, glancing around the room before opening your mouth to say something else. "And when we went home, we wo-"

You cut off in mid sentence, your eyes rolling to the back of your head, making Seunghyun panic. He looked at the doctor who held still, flinching when you threw up blood. You gagged when you were done, covering your mouth and looking up at Seunghyun who was staring at you wide eyed.

"She needs surgery," a nurse said. "Looks like internal bleeding, but there's something else."

"Wh-what's happening to her?" Seunghyun asked, unwilling to let your hand go as you they wheeled the cot you were laying in out of the room. 

"She needs surgery or she's at risk of dying," the doctor said in a grim voice. "She already lost so much blood." 

"Do it," Seunghyun didn't hesitate, following after them as they guided you to the operating theater. 

The nurse that was holding your baby followed, securing a blanket around the child. You looked back at him, catching a glimpse of the tip of his nose, and hand as he cried. Everything in you wanted to reach out and hold him, but it was impossible under the circumstances. You could tell you were about to purge out more blood, but you held it back stubbornly, looking up at Seunghyun. 

"Stay with me okay?" Seunghyun said. "You can't leave us behind."

"I won't," you shook your head. 

"Promise it," Seunghyun said, resting his forehead against yours. 

"I promise," you nodded. "Now you promise."

"What.. what should I promise?" Seunghyun asked, swallowing back the lump in his throat.

"Promise that you'll take care of him and yourself," you said. "Promise that no matter how long it takes for me to be better you'll be happy... promise that if... that if things go wrong you will move on."

"But they won't," Seunghyun shook his head. "You already said you'll make it."

"And if I don't?" you asked. "If I don't, you have to promise. Don't you dare find someone else."

"Shut up," Seunghyun growled. "You're the only one."

"I was kidding," you chuckled with difficulty, your entire chest burning. "You can... if you'd like. Be happy if I can't make it. You have to promise."

"I won't," Seunghyun shook his head, slowing down as you were finally in front of the operating theater. 

"Promise me, Tabi, do it," you growled, holding back the cough. 

"But.. But," Seunghyun hesitated, his entire body trembling as he looked down at you. 

"Does it look like I have time?" you whimpered, finally letting out the cough you had been holding back for his sake, blood pouring out of your lips. 

"Damn it," Seunghyun choked out, grabbing your bloody hand and kissing it. "I promise. I promise."

You finally relaxed, nodding at the doctor. They began to pull you away from Seunghyun who fell to his knees, gripping his hair as they wheeled you away. A nurse behind him was holding the blue blanket, waiting until Seunghyun stood up and cleaned his hands, handing over the child. Your child. 

You smiled when you saw him hold him delicately, his eyes darting back and forth between you and the baby until you disappeared behind closed doors. Finally, you lost consciousness, knowing that they would at least have each other. 

"Sedate her!" was the last you heard.
 


"It's my fault," Seunghyun said, looking at Jiyong who was already asleep, watching as his friend's bottom lip quivered and tears slipped out his eyes as Seunghyun relived the nightmare aloud. "I killed my wife."

He stumbled to his feet, clutching the bottle tightly in his hands as he made his way out of the apartment the five of them used to call a dorm. He stumbled his way through the halls, intending to go back to you.

"I took Seungsuk's mother away from him," Seunghyun continued, sobbing loudly. "My wife, my love, my life... I'm sorry, Seungsuk-ah. I should die as well..."