Not Going to Make It

Me & My Honey

Seunghyun picked up Seungsuk from the ground when Jae threw himself on top of you. He rubbed his cheek all over your face and neck, arms constricting you in a tight hug. 

"Sajangnim!" Jae whispered loudly, waiting until Seunghyun left with the sleeping Seungsuk. "You're really here."

"I am," you smiled, pinching his cheeks. 

"Can I slap you?" Jae asked. "Let me slap you."

"No slapping," Seunghyun frowned when he walked back inside empty handed. 

"Once, just once," Jae turned to beg. "Let me slap her."'

"No," Seunghyun glared at Jae.

"I'll kiss you, then," Jae said, not waiting for a reply before he landed a wet, sloppy kiss on your lips.

"YAH!" Seunghyun yelled and pulled Jae up by his shirt collar. "What the ?!"

", that's what homies do!" Jae laughed hysterically, looking back at you. "She's really awake. She's really here."

"Why did you kiss her?!" Seunghyun yelled.

"We kiss all the time!" Jae yelled back, grinning down at you.

"What?!" Seunghyun looked back and forth between you two.

"Psh," Jae laughed. "Like you haven't kissed your friends before."

"All the time, though?" Seunghyun sounded desperate by  now.

"No," you laughed, standing up.

"How many times then?" Seunghyun pouted.

"Twice," you said. "Hm, the first time was when YG gave me our first contract."

"Yeah," Jae nodded dreamily. "I was so happy. I could finally buy things for my Soojin and Taehyun."

"The second time was just now," you smiled at Seunghyun, pulling his hands away from Jae. "So don't be angry. You did kiss Seungri and Ji when we were already dating. And then Bae, too."

"Youngbae was just in the cheek!" Seunghyun whined, clinging to your hand. 

"Sajangnim," Jae said. "Are you coming back to work soon? At least visit the workers."

"I'll visit," you nodded.

"Alright," Jae nodded, pulling himself away from the two of you. "Our Taehyun needs me, so I'll see you soon. Alright?"

Seunghyun hugged you as soon as Jae was out the door, forcing you to look up at him. You did so and smiled at him, watching as jealously and determination flashed through his eyes. You closed your eyes when he bent down and attacked your lips, kissing him back until he was satisfied. 

"There," he said. "Your lips are mine again."

"Silly, Tabi," you mumbled.


"How's Seunghyun doing?" your mother asked, smiling weakly. 

"He's fine," you nodded. "Working hard with the promotions."

"I miss him visiting," she murmured, looking down at her hands.

"Umma," you said quietly. "How do you feel this time around?"

"It's never easy," she chuckled. "I know it's not easy for you either. Does it hurt?"

Your bottom lip quivered as she grabbed your hand, looking earnestly into your eyes. Your head shook slightly and you smiled, looking back up at her.

"They sedate me," you said. 

"I don't want you to be in pain."

"I said it doesn't hurt," you insisted, laughing slightly. "We'll see each other tomorrow, okay?"

"Allright, rich daughter," she nodded, looking at the nurse that came to retrieve you for the bone marrow extraction.

"I'm not rich," you laughed, standing up.

"And always modest," she smiled.

"Your mom," you stuck your tongue out at her.

"I love you, brat."

"I love you, too, ahjumma."


"Look," Doctor Lee said. "I'm going to be straightforward with you because of all the help our patients have gotten from you."

Your stomach gave a sick lurch at his words, and you looked at him with tightly shut lips, nodding for him to continue. 

"Her body has rejected all types of treatment," he said softly. "She's not going to make it."

"Ah," you choked out, your chest already shaking with sobs you didn't want to let out.

"I'll give you a moment," he said hastily, leaving the room quickly.

You fell from your chair as soon as the door closed behind him, taking a deep breath and letting it out as a shaky sob. The tears poured right after, your fists clenching and pounding into the floor.

"No, no, no," you shook your head. "I'm not ready. I'm not."

Your chest was burning, entire body aching. You continued to punch the ground, blood dripping from your knuckles as you cried as loud as you possibly could.

"," you stood up, your hands handing by your side. "."

When you stumbled out, cheeks tear stained, knuckles bleeding, and hair sticking out in every direction, the doctor gasped. You looked at him apologetically, glancing down at your hands which were still dripping blood.

"Sorry."

"Let's treat your wounds," Doctor Lee said softly, placing a hand on your shoulder.

You looked at the ground blankly as Doctor Lee bandaged your knuckles. The tears stopped a long while ago, and you rarely sobbed now. When he was done, he held one of your hands on both of his, patting it gently. 

"How long?" you asked, blinking away the new tears.

"A month or two, there's really never a definite answer," he said, squeezing your fingers lightly. "I'm truly sorry. You've been a blessing to us, and your mother as well."

"Don't worry," you said, nodding your head. "I'll continue to help out here. Can I... take her home?"

"Sure," Doctor Lee smiled, getting his clipboard. "Tomorrow at three?"

"Thanks," you nodded.


"Eomeonie, would have loved him," Seunghyun mumbled quietly, bowing his head. "She would have seen how handsome he is and tell him all the time."

"Hm," you nodded, kissing Seungsuk's forehead. "We'll visit grandma soon, okay?"

"I miss, eomeonie," Seunghyun mumbled. "I still ca-"

"Don't," you whispered, brushing Seungsuk's hair back as he blabbered to himself.

"Yeah," Seunghyun smiled, laying down next to Seungsuk and looking up at you. "Who do you love more?"

"What?" you asked, narrowing your eyes at him.

"Seungsuk... or Seunghyun?" he asked, narrowing his eyes back at you. "Answer wisely."

"Seungsuk," you said immediately, flicking Seunghyun's forehead.

"Yah!"

"Who do you love more?!"

"BOTH OF YOU!" he yelled and Seungsuk looked at him with a scared expression before glancing back up at you, grabbing his foot and lifting it to his mouth. 

"Ahaha," you laughed, tickling his tummy. "Don't eat your foot!"

"Tell me you love us equally," Seunghyun pouted, blinking his eyes up at you.

"Of course I love you equally," you rolled your eyes, patting his cheek. "You're my babies."

"You're my baby," Seunghyun smiled, crossing his arms behind his head.


"This is good," your mom said, looking around your apartment. "I rather do it somewhere peaceful."

"It hasn't been peaceful here since I met Seunghyun," you mumbled, carrying her luggage to the guest room. 

She followed behind you, looking at the small details that showed Seunghyun had been here. She stopped when she saw his toothbrush sticking out from a bag and raised her eyebrow, crossing her arms as she followed you into the room. You dropped her bag in the bed and looked around carefully. 

"Well, this is where we'll be staying until you decide where you want to go," you said, turning back to look at her. "Any place. I can make it happen."

"He stays over?" your mother asked nonchalantly. 

"Wh-who?" you stuttered, cursing yourself mentally.

"Seunghyun-ah, who else?" she said with a knowing smile.

"Psh.. no," you said, looking to the side with wide eyes. "Of course he doesn't. I know better."

"You do," your mother nodded, smacking your head with surprising strength. 

"OW!" you yelled.

"HOW MANY TIMES?!"

"WHAT?!"

"HOW MANY TIMES HAVE YOU SLEPT WITH HIM!"

"OMMA!" you yelled, covering your ears.

"TELL ME!" she yelled, hitting you again.

"STOP!" 

"DO IT!"

"FIVE TIMES!" you yelled, rushing out of the room.

"Five?" your mother scoff. "What? It's almost been two years. God they're boring." 

She looked down at her luggage, shoulders slumping slightly. Fatigue quickly came over her body and she sat down on the bed. 

"I'm not ready."


"Oppa!" 

You pursed your lips into a tight line as Seunghyun turned to bow his head at the fans with a smile, his arm wrapped protectively around your shoulder. He quickly told them not to come too close, Seungsuk tucked safely in your arms. You couldn't help the glares you gave a few girls, warning them to step back when they got a bit too close. You were always tolerant with the fans, but you weren't going to take any chances when it came to Seungsuk.

"Ahh... he's so cute!" you saw a girl, her legs stomping as she whined the words out. "Unnie is so lucky."

"I want a baby from oppa!" someone else yelled and your smirked, looking up at Seunghyun who chuckled when your eyes met. 

"What's his name?!"

"There'll be an official release later," someone said. "Let them go where they're going right now."

"Just his name, oppa!" they chanted and Seungsuk lifted his head from your neck curiously, peeking from under his oversized beanie at the girls. "Omo! Omo! SO CUTE!"

You looked down at Seungsuk who pulled back, placing his small hand against your cheek, his eyes wide with curiosity. You looked around at the girls and sighed, leaning down to whisper in his ear.

"It's okay," you said. "They won't do anything to you. They just really like appa."

Seungsuk blinked and looked around again, pressing his cheek against yours. Cameras flashed and you gently placed your hand over Seungsuk's head, reassuring him in your own way that everything was alright. The fans knew better than to come closer this time around, instead cooing, and blowing kisses to Seungsuk who began to giggle and smile back at them. 

"Already doing fan service," Seunghyun said proudly. "I sure know how to make them."

"He's all me," you said, looking away smugly. "What are you talking about?"

"SAJANGNIM! SAJANGNIM!" 

The two of you looked up at the building, waving at Jae as he waved his arm around wildly, trying to get your attention. He jumped up and down and the fans finally began to disperse, casting Seunghyun and Seungsuk final glances before leaving completely. Jae grinned when he saw you and went behind you to kiss the top of Seungsuk's head, ruffling his hair.

"How's my nephew?" he asked. "Look, I'm uncle Jae, okay?"

You let go of Seungsuk as Jae took him, waving you further into the building you only got to see a few times before the accident. He walked all the way to where the construction for their new lounge was going on and stepped in with the baby.

"Look at what I found!" he called out.

"A BABY!" your workers yelled out and you laughed, shaking your head as you stepped inside. "SAJANGNIM!!!"

"Hello," you smiled, bowing your head. "Have you been working hard?"

"YES!"

"Shall I see if it's true?"

"NO!" 

You laughed and Seunghyun did as well, going over to sit in one of the couches that was already installed. You rolled your eyes and walked further into the construction site, all sounds of work coming to a halt.

"I hope you haven't been making any other mistakes," you said, glaring at them and pointing fingers.

"How'd she find out?" someone whispered.

"I'm telling you, she's psychic," someone else replied.

"Sajangnim, we'll work hard," someone yelled out. "We're glad to have you back!"

"Your baby is the cutest of them all!" someone else yelled and Seungsuk seemed to understand, squealing and waving his hands around as Jae held him up for everyone to see. 

"Get back to work!" you looked around, pointing at everyone. 


"What's going on?" Seunghyun asked, leaning his chin on your shoulder as you stirred around the stew. "Is eomonie okay?"

"It's time," was all you said, shutting off the heat and bowing your head.

"Wh-what?" Seunghyun choked out and you turned around, surprised to see actual tears b in his eyes. "Ho-how?"

"Treatment isn't working anymore," you mumbled, feeling your own tears gather in your eyes.

"Aish," Seunghyun said, and you closed your eyes when his clenched fist hit the counter next to the stove. 

"Yeah," you nodded, looking down at your hands.

"What happened, sweetie?" Seunghyun asked after a long moment of silence, picking up your hands and looking at the bandages. 

"I punched the ground," was all you said, understanding flashing in his eyes.

"It must have hurt," Seunghyun said, raising your knuckles to his lips and kissing them gently. "I'm sorry. I should have been there with you."

"It's okay," you laughed, pulling your hands back.

"So... what's the plan?" Seunghyun asked.

"Uh..." you hesitated, looking out the kitchen to your mother who was sitting down on the table, looking down intently as she knit something. "I gave her two options and she's going with the most expensive one."

"What?" Seunghyun raised his eyebrow.

"I'm letting her chose a peaceful place for her to spend her last days," you said. "She's thinking about where she wants to be."

Seunghyun nodded, looking back at your mother as well and smiling. 

"I'll talk to YG," he said. "See if I can take a few days off to spend with you two."