Fleeting Moments

Me & My Honey

Ten Months

Your hands went around Seunghyun's neck, head tilting to the side when he leaned forward, pressing his lips against yours tenderly. Your legs wrapped around him and he pressed himself closer against you, hugging you tightly to his chest as you rested your head in his shoulder. 

"How many times have I kissed you here?" he asked, kissing the top of your head.

"Every time you cook," you laughed, looking at the door when it was pushed open. 

Seunghyun turned to look as well, raising his eyebrow when he saw Charlie hold the door open. You both smiled when Seungsuk crawled in, looking around until he spotted you two. He gave you a toothless smile, slapping his hands against the floor before crawling closer to the two of you. Seunghyun pulled away from you slowly, leaning against the counter next to you. You swung your legs back and forth and pulled out your phone, recording Seungsuk as he crawled closer and closer. 

"Seungsuk-ah," you sang, and he looked up, giggling slightly. "You came looking for mommy or appa?" 

He sat back, crossing his legs for a second, looking back and forth between you and Seunghyun. Your eyes widened when he began to push himself upward, and Charlie immediately went behind him, keeping a close distance as Seungsuk got up on his two feet. He wobbled slightly, holding on to Charlie's back fur for support. Seunghyun leaned forward and watched intently as Seungsuk finally let go of Charlie, raising his arms, his feet moving one after the other. 

"You're getting this, right?" Seunghyun said, nudging you with his shoulder.

"Of course I am," you said, focusing the camera on Seungsuk's feet before taking a shot of his entire body. 

Seungsuk stumbled slightly and Seunghyun was instantly on his knees, arms open on either side of Seungsuk. The latter looked up at Seunghyun and giggled, taking the final steps into Seunghyun's open arms. Seunghyun scooped him up, lifting him into the air and shaking him from side to side gently. 

"Look at you!" he said, kissing Seungsuk's forehead. "Such a big boy already."

"Oh," you stopped the video, pointing a finger at Seunghyun. "Didn't you have a song like that?"

"Hmm," Seunghyun nodded, watching as Seungsuk kicked his legs around. "Aigoo, I'm so proud of my son. Already taking his first steps."

"When will you say umma?" you pouted, reaching over to pinch Seungsuk's cheeks gently.

He giggled again and covered his face, hiding in Seunghyun's shoulder when the latter pulled him into his chest. You smiled, reaching forward to back his hair gently. Seunghyun rocked him from side to side, patting his back gently. 

"Don't put him to sleep yet," you said quietly.

"I'm not," Seunghyun shook his head. "Seungsuk-ah."

Seungsuk pulled back, blinking at Seunghyun before looking over at you. He smiled, stretching his hands forward, his fingers curling as he looked at you with a wide smile. You scooted back into the counter, reaching for him as well and taking him into your arms carefully. He cooed when you dropped him on your lap, resting your chin on top of his head.

"Seungsuk-ah," you said. "Umma."

"Umm," Seungsuk mumbled back, playing with the rings on your fingers. "Umm."

"Umma," you emphasized the last part, hoping he would get it right this time. 

"Umm," Seungsuk said again, looking up at you and reaching up with one hand to poke your nose. "Umm."

"Umma!" you whined, kissing his finger gently. 

"My turn," Seunghyun said, standing in front of the two of you and looking down at Seungsuk. "Seungsuk-ah, say appa."

Seungsuk looked up, tilting his head to the side, raising his fingers to his mouth to chew on them. 

"Appa, Seungsuk!" Seunghyun said again. "Say appa!" 

"Umm," Seungsuk said quietly, looking away from Seunghyun, completely uninterested. 

"Charlie," Seunghyun turned to look at the dog. "You say appa."

"Chaley," Seungsuk said quietly and you groaned, hitting the side of your head with your first. 

"Did he just..." Seunghyun trailed off, turning to look at Seungsuk who was playing with his fingers. 

"Chaley," Seungsuk said again, clapping his hands when he looked up to smile at Seunghyun, pointing at him. "Chaley!!!"

"This is all your fault," you glared at Seunghyun. 

"What the..." Seunghyun stopped. "No, Seungsuk! I'm appa, not Charlie!"

"My son's first word was Charlie," you sobbed quietly, pulling Seungsuk up. "Seungsuk, why?! WHY?!"

"Umma!" Seungsuk smiled, hugging your neck. 

You screamed and Seunghyun pulled him away from your arms, watching as you jumped around in victory. He rolled his eyes and turned to look down at Seungsuk. 

"You have two down," he said seriously. "Now say appa."

"No!" Seungsuk yelled, snuggling into Seunghyun's neck.

"Ahahaha!" you pointed at Seunghyun. "He flat out told you no!"

One Year

"Oooh," Seungsuk cooed, looking at the table in front of him. 

He grabbed your hand when he walked back to your side, pointing at the table pilled with wrapped boxes. You looked over and smiled, ruffling his hair gently with one hand and nodding at him. He smiled and looked at the table again before taking a look around your home. He let go of your hand and began to walk to where Seunghyun currently was, busy hanging up a small banner he had made with Seungsuk for his birthday. 

"Appa!" Seungsuk said, getting his attention. 

Seunghyun looked down, smiling at Seungsuk warmly and turning back to the banner, quickly pinning it to place before crouching down in front of Seungsuk. 

"What is it, buddy?" he asked, reaching forward to pinch his cheek. 

Seungsuk turned to point at the pile of presents again Seunghyun nodded, standing up and grabbing his hand. 

"They're for you," Seunghyun nodded. "But you can't open them until everyone gets here."

Seungsuk tugged his hand away from Seunghyun's when he spotted Charlie sitting in a pile of pillows, quickly joining him and laying his head on Charlie's back. The dog looked over before settling back down on the pillows, nudging a free one his way. Seungsuk set it under his feet and laid back again, kicking his feet up and down on the pillow.

"He's so big now," you pouted when Seunghyun walked past you.

"I know," he stopped, turning to look back at Seungsuk. "It's only been a year, though."

"It still makes me sad," you mumbled. "He should still be my newborn baby. And this went faster for me."

"That's right," Seunghyun sighed. "Well, he's still a baby. He can barely say a few things."

"When's y Arms and everyone getting here?" you asked.

"Five minutes," Seunghyun said, walking to the kitchen hastily after he answered you. 

You walked over to Seungsuk and picked him up despite his protests, he gave up when you sat him down on his high chair, resting his cheek against the table. You swallowed back the lump that had formed in your throat and picked up the old box. Running your hand through it once, you got rid of the dust and wiped your eyes when the tears began began to spill out your eyes. 

"Umma," you mumbled quietly. "He's already one. It went by so fast, no?" 

You opened the box slowly, grabbing the green and grey beanie at the top. Quickly closing the box again, you turned to look at Seungsuk who was staring up at you curiously. You took the old beanie that was sitting in front of him and folded it neatly in half. 

"Seungsuk-ah," you said with a smile. "This is from grandma. Take care of it like you took care of the other one."

Seungsuk stayed still as you stuck the beanie in his head, smiling when you saw it was a tad too big. He pushed it back and looked up at you with a smile, touching the beanie before letting go of it. The knock on the door made him look at the hall and you waited until the door burst open and the entire crowd slipped inside. Jiyong came in first, a smile on his face as he walked right to Seungsuk, greeting him warmly. 

You squealed when you saw Daesung and rushed to his side, hugging him tightly when he wrapped his arms around you. Seungri waited behind Daesung, pouting at you until you let go and hugged him as well. Youngbae slipped past the two of you, running to Seungsuk. One by one they came inside, and at the very end, you smiled when five children rushed past you. 

Jae grinned apologetically, throwing his arm over your shoulder and the other over Soojin. He pulled you two to his chest and took a deep breath, letting it out slowly. 

"Ah, feels good to be here," Jae smiled. "How's our grandchild?"

"He's being smothered with love," you pointed at Seungsuk who was being passed around, everyone giving him a tight hug. 

You stumbled to the side when Jae pushed you away harshly, Seunghyun helping you straighten up before going after Jae. You walked behind and into the crowded room, smiling when you saw Seungsuk giggling at the antics Seungri was doing in front of him. 

Two Years

"No," Seungsuk shook his head, turning away from the spoon.

"Eat it," Seunghyun said quietly, narrowing his eyes at Seungsuk.

"No!" Seungsuk yelled and Seunghyun sighed, dropping the plate on the table and crossing his arms.

"You won't get anything done if you act like a child as well," you said, patting Seunghyun's head. 

"You do it," he whimpered, hugging your waist, hiding his face in your stomach. "You, you do it!"

"Seungsuk-ah," you said, and Seungsuk turned to look at you. "Aren't you hungry?"

Seungsuk nodded, looking down with a pout. 

"Won't you eat then?" you asked, grabbing the spoon. "Come on, let appa feed you."

Seungsuk looked at Seunghyun who was peeking back at him carefully, looking him up and down before opening his mouth obediently. Seunghyun sat back and grabbed the spoon from you, holding it up to Seungsuk's mouth again once it was full.

"We can eat ice cream after," Seunghyun told him. "Okay?"

Seungsuk smiled and opened his mouth again as Seunghyun offered him the spoon again. 

Three Years

"What is it?" Seunghyun asked, looking down at Seungsuk who was tugging on his pants.

"Mommy's head is in the toilet," he said, tugging on his pants, trying to drag Seunghyun to the bathroom.

"What?!" Seunghyun gasped, picking up Seungsuk despite being tired. 

Seungsuk clung to his neck, looking ahead of them worriedly. Seunghyun threw the door to the bathroom open, finding you kneeling by the toilet groaning quietly. He set Seungsuk down and the latter went behind the door, peeking at you, his bottom lip quivering.

"Yah, what's wrong?" Seunghyun asked, pulling your hair back when you began to heave again, the rest of your lunch slipping into the toilet.

"I don't know," you mumbled, grabbing toilet paper to wipe your lips. 

"Are you done?" Seunghyun asked, helping you up. 

"Mommy," Seungsuk said quietly, and you turned to look at him. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine," you smiled at him. "Mommy's stomach was just upset."

"Is it happy now?" he asked.

"Hmm," you nodded, turning to the sink to wash your mouth. 

Seunghyun narrowed his eyes, pursing his lips together before walking back to Seungsuk. He picked Seungsuk up carefully, giving you a last glance before leaving the room. Seungsuk sighed and Seunghyun looked at him with a raised eyebrow.

"What's wrong?"

"Is she really okay?" Seungsuk asked, biting down on his bottom lip. 

"She's fine," Seunghyun chuckled, kissing the top of his head. "She'll be out and about in a second."

"Okay," Seungsuk nodded, running back to the couch when Seunghyun set him back down on his feet. 

Seunghyun kept a close eye on him as Seungsuk ran to the television and fiddled with it until the screen had changed to the main menu for one of the BigShows. He nodded with a smile and walked back to the bathroom. 

You closed your eyes and took a deep breath, trying to steady the nausea. Seunghyun tilted his head to the side, watching you closely. 

"So what is it?" he asked.

"What do you mean?"

"Did you really eat something bad?" he asked.

"No," you shook your head. "We had the same thing."

You were quiet, staring into the mirror with narrowed eyes. The symptoms were all there, you had been craving things you never ate recently as well. You chewed on your bottom lip and met Seunghyun's eyes through the mirror. 

"Shall I take you to Jae's house?" he asked, shaking his head. 

"You don't..." you shook your head. 

"I do," he nodded, leaning back against the door frame and pulling his fingers up. "You're definitely late because you haven't beaten me up for two months."

"You shut up," you turned to glare at him.

"I'm just saying," he held his hands up, taking a step back with a smile. "I'll call Soojin."

"YAH!" you yelled after him. "SEUNGHYUN! COME BACK!"

"CAN YOU BRING ONE?!" Seunghyun yelled into the phone and you whimpered at the muffled reply from the phone when you looked at him. "Thank you, Soojin-ah."


"They moves?" Seungsuk asked, pointing at your stomach.

"They're starting to move," you nodded.

"Can they move for me?" he asked.

"Maybe," you said, patting the spot next to you on the couch. 

Seungsuk climbed next to you immediately, kneeling by you and looking down at your stomach. You pulled your shirt back, watching as his eyes lit up in wonder. He placed his hands against your stomach the way he had seen Seunghyun do, leaning down until his head was pressing against it. You raised the hand on your other side, poking your stomach carefully, nudging it until you felt movement. 

One of your babies responded back immediately, pushing against your hand. Seungsuk gasped quietly and sat up, looking up at you.

"I heard a sound," he said. 

"Poke it," you mumbled, holding back a giggle.

Seungsuk nodded, a determined looked in his face. He began to press his finger against your stomach, concentrating on it intently. You rolled your eyes, his expression reminding you of Seunghyun's. You snickered when your baby finally kicked back, and Seungsuk jumped back. He sat there with wide eyes before smiling up at you.

"It's true!" he said. "You weren't lying!"

"Why would I lie?!" you asked him, ruffling his hair.

"I didn't think there were babies in there," Seungsuk giggled, patting your stomach again. "I'll take care of my dongsaengs, okay?"

"Okay," you smiled, kissing the top of his head. 

Seven Years 

"Like this?" your daughter asked, peeking at Seungsuk with a smile.

"Put your arms around my neck," Seungsuk said back, slightly annoyed. "You want to fall off?" 

"No," Hyesoo pouted, wrapping her arms around Seungsuk's shoulders. 

Seungsuk sighed and held her up by her thighs, walking to her room slowly. You turned to look at Seunghyun who was holding Daegi in his arms, watching as his head hung back, sleeping soundly. He gave you a slight smile, quickly following behind Seungsuk and Hyesoo. 

You crossed your arms and followed behind them, watching as Seunghyun set down your son in the wide bed, pulling the covers close around him. Seungsuk dropped Hyesoo on the other side, ordering her to get under the covers. She obeyed with a giggle and reached for him as he pulled away after pulling the covers over her.

"What?" Seungsuk asked.

"Oppa, kiss!" she smiled, reaching for him, kicking her legs around.

"Yah!" Seungsuk said back and you covered your mouth. "What are you, two?!"

"I turned three two days ago," she pouted, her bottom lip quivered.

"Ahh," Seungsuk sighed, scratching his head. "Fine."

Hyesoo cheered quietly, wrapping her tiny arms around Seungsuk's neck as he bent down to kiss her cheek. He pulled her arms away and stood up straight, scratching his head again before walking past you. You ran your fingers through his hair as he walked by and he turned to smile at you. 

"Hyesoo," you walked into the room when Daegi turned over, reaching across the bed.

Hyesoo quickly scooted closer, grabbing his hand. Daegi smiled and opened his eyes before settling back down, his breath becoming even. You pulled the covers back around them since Hyesoo had managed to kick them off, standing back after you had kissed both of their foreheads.

"Sleep well," you said.

"We will," Hyesoo nodded.

"No coming in like monsters in the morning to wake me up," Seunghyun said strictly, pinching Hyesoo's cheek. "Got it?"

"No," she smiled, turning to her side, wrapping her arm around Daegi and scooting closer. 

Seunghyun gasped and you rolled your eyes, grabbing his hand, pulling him out of the room as he spluttered and pointed at Hyesoo who was already drifting off.

"She's such a punk," he said after you closed the door. "She disobeys me. Punish her."

"Ah, of course," you nodded. "How many times should I hit her?"

"NO!" Seunghyun yelled quickly. "Don't hit my baby!"

"It was a joke," you said, flicking his nose.

"When do you think they'll stop sleeping together?" Seunghyun asked, throwing his arm over your shoulder as you headed to Seungsuk's room. 

"Hmm," you hummed. "Probably when they're around ten."

You opened the door to Seungsuk's room slightly, peeking inside. He looked up and waved at you, dropping the Be@rbrick he was inspecting closely. 

"Goodnight," you said, waving at him.

"Goodnight," he called back.

"Treat him well," Seunghyun pointed at the Be@rbrick.

"I always do, appa," Seungsuk smiled, setting the toy to the side. 

Ten Years

"But I don't like it," Seungsuk said. "I'm not good at it."

Seunghyun practically sobbed, hugging himself as he looked down at Seungsuk who was holding the lyrics in his hand, the microphone hanging limply by his side. 

"Sorry, appa," he said. "Don't be mad."

"It's your fault," he turned to look at you. "It's your fault, you cursed me! Next thing you know he'll-"

"I like singing, though," Seungsuk interrupted, thinking it would make Seunghyun feel better. "Do you want to hear."

You covered your mouth when Seunghyun's eyes widened, looking at Seungsuk incredulously as he pulled the microphone up to his lips. You smirked when he began to sing one of Daesung's songs, sounding almost like him. Seunghyun turned to look at you, his chest rising and falling in anger.

"Wahh," you held your hands up. "Don't get angry."

"I like it, daddy!" 

Seunghyun stopped midway, looking down at Hyesoo who was tugging on his hand. 

"I like rapping like you."

"I do, too!" Daegi said, jumping up and down next to Hyesoo.

"We're really good," Hyesoo continued.

"We're like-"

"GD and TOP!" they said at the same time. "We know a song," they continued to speak at the same time. "Do you want to hear when Seungsuk is done?"

Seunghyun nodded with a smile, turning to look back at Seungsuk who was in the middle of his song. When he finished, Daegi took the microphone from him, grabbing an extra one and handing it to Hyesoo. They stood side by side for a moment, consulting with each other quietly and then they turned to look at Seunghyun.

"We'll do it in English to show you how good we are," Hyesoo nodded.

"Alright," Seunghyun nodded. "Show me what you got."

You laughed quietly, watching as Seunghyun nodded proudly, looking over at Seungsuk and giving him a thumbs up as well. 

Eleven Years

"Hi, grandma," Hyesoo said sweetly, dropping the flowers by the grave stone. "How have you been?"

"Grandma," Daegi said. "Your gifts really keep us warm. Thank you!"

"Grandma," Seungsuk said quietly. "Thank you for watching over us."

You bit on your bottom lip as they stood around the grave stone, looking down with a smile. 

"Is heaven pretty?" Hyesoo asked. "I hope you're having fun, but don't forget about us."

"We didn't get to meet you but we love you," Seungsuk said. 

"Grandma," Daegi smiled, patting the stone. "We'll work hard in the future! We'll be successful like mommy and daddy! Watch us closely, okay?"

"So," you said. "Still mad?"

"No," Seunghyun shook his head, wrapping his arm around your shoulder. "I have three talented children and two like to rap. This is great."

"What about me?!" you said, pushing him slightly.

"You?" he asked, turning to look at you. "Hmm, well, I guess you're something to be happy about as well."

"Get away from me," you mumbled, pushing him off.

"Aw, come on," Seunghyun chuckled, grabbing your hands, pulling you back to face him. "How could I not be happy about you? You're the reason I have everything in the world."

You looked up at him, keeping your eyes on his as he brushed his fingertips along your cheek. 

"Thank you," he said. "Thank you for being here for me from the moment we met again, even when I was drunk beyond belief."

"You got even more drunk later during the night," you mumbled quietly. 

"Details," he chuckled. "Thank you for showing me what a modest life is like, for never pulling your shoulder away from me when I needed to cry. For allowing me into eomonie's life. For staying by my side when I wasn't able to be by yours."

"You're being cheesy again," you mumbled.

"I love you," he said quietly, pressing his lips against your forehead. 

"I love you, too," you smiled, wrapping your arms around his neck, pulling him down to kiss his lips.

"MOMMY! WE WANT ICE CREAM!" 

You pulled back when Daegi and Hyesoo called out to you, waving at the store they were jumping in front of. 

"Coming," you called out, grabbing Seunghyun's hand. 

"HURRY!" they yelled and Seungsuk scolded them quietly, grabbing their hands and pulling them into the ice cream parlor. 

"Ice cream!" Seunghyun cheered like a child, dragging you behind him quickly. 

"You never change!" you yelled. "Big baby!"

"YOUR BABY!" he laughed.