A Few Billion

Me & My Honey

10

It was the typical romantic comedy meeting. You were the hard working girl that was on her way to an important meeting, a folder, and a 3D model of your latest design in your hands. You didn't have time to look around at the people, and you didn't have time to think of whether or not you were being rude as you pushed them to the side hastily. Obviously, you were running late for your meeting and this client had trusted you for the three years you had been in the business. If you disappointed him today, you would never gain the respect he held for you back. 

", , ," you sang, frowning at the excess of girls crowding the streets. You bit on your bottom lip when you saw they all had placards with a band's name on them. You sighed and puffed your chest up, determined to get past them since it was the only route to your client's office. 

And as in every typical movie, as you were pushing your way through the crowd, your model miraculously not destroyed yet... you crashed into someone. Howls of fury and screams of girls were heard, something about harming a top. You rolled your eyes, gasping when you finally noticed the state your model was in. You growled quietly as you reached for the few pieces that had been broken off and glared up at a girl that had decided to come scream in your face. She immediately stumbled back, her eyes wide at the expression you must have been wearing. As you were reaching for the remaining pieces of your model, a hand met yours. 

You blinked at it, noticing how big it was and decided that it was a man's. You confirmed this when you looked up and met an intense pair of eyes. Mentally you scoffed, wondering if this guy thought he was cool walking around with a serious expression like that. He held up the last piece of your model and you snatched it from his hands, shoving it into your bag and were about to stand up when he grabbed your hand and helped you up.

"Thanks," you muttered, brushing off dirt from your skirt.

"Sorry," he bowed his head slightly, his deep voice surprising you.

"About?" you asked, scratching your head obnoxiously. 

"Bu-bumping into you, yeah for that," he said, meeting your eyes again. 

This was the different part, this wasn't like the classical romantic comedy. In the romantic comedy, the two of you would have been mesmerized by each other, captured in the others eyes. Honestly, you should have been captivated by his. They were quite intense. Maybe he practiced in front of the of the mirror? 

"You're not forgiven," you said with an arrogant tone to your voice. "By destroying this, you took away my upcoming paycheck, and that is what keeps me and my mother alive. Of course the woman refuses to live with me, so I have to pay double the rent, and my savings just won't cut it this month."

"I.."

"Furthermore," you sighed, looking around at the girls that seemed to be paying very close attention to your exchange, their eyes narrowed menacingly. "These girls seem to be your responsibility, and they have been putting my model in danger since their little pack began, so I'll just assume this is all your fault. Here's my phone number," you scribbled quickly into your agenda, ripping off the page and handing it over. "Call me later today, just in case you have to pay me back for what happened."

With that, you around, hugged your model close to your chest and pushed your way past the crowd of girls. Shuddering when you finally saw your client's building before looking back down at the destroyed model. You huffed and walked into the building, ready to either be yelled at, or praised. You didn't have much hope for the latter, but you could still dream. 


"Chocolate turtles, crazy bears, cherry pies, annoying oranges, and pink pineapples," you sighed, throwing the destroyed model to the wall of your apartment before slamming the door shut. "First time I lose a deal, aish."

The apartment was silent as ever, you sighed and dropped your folder holding your plans letting them scatter all over with the promise of picking them up later on. Or not. You sneered to yourself as you walked further into the apartment, ready to just drop into your bed and forget everything that happened today. After washing up, that is. 

When you came out of the bathroom, still drying your damp face with a small hand towel, you heard your phone ringing. You glanced at your bed, blinking at the buzzing thing before reaching for it reluctantly, frowning at the unknown number. With a shrug, you answered it, dropping to your bed and with the towel still dabbing your skin. 

"Yes?" you groaned into the phone. 

"I'm..." you furrowed your eyebrows when you heard the loud music, people screaming, and the slur of the man continued. "I... I am Big Bang."

"Kay, cool," you nodded. "Gotta go."

"Wait!" he quickly mumbled into the phone a string of unknown words, making you think it was probably a foreigner. 

"Sir," you huffed. "You. Have. Wrong. Number. Call. Later. When. Not. Drunk. Punk."

"No, no," he said a bit clearer this time. "Sorry. We... bumped into each other, yes? I broke your thing that thing thing."

"Oh, right," you sighed, nodding. "I lost my deal with the client because you broke the thing that thing thing. So, what are we going to do about it...?"

"TOP," he said. "Wait, no. Tabi. No, no, wait... Tempo! No, that's not it... uhh. Choi Seunghyun! Yeah. That's it."

"Alright, Seunghyun," you sighed, giving him your name. "Please stop drinking so you're decent enough to meet me tomorrow, and bring your wallet."

After telling him the place he should meet you at, and sending him the address in a text message just in case he forgot, you hung up the phone and rolled over on your bed. You placed your towel away so it could dry and pulled the covers over you, wrapping yourself into a tight cocoon for warmth.

"Goodnight," you mumbled to yourself, pausing before giving yourself a reply. "Sweet dreams."

 


True to his word, Seunghyun was waiting for you at the cafe the next day. You narrowed your eyes at the drinks he had in his hand, holding a paper bag from the cafe in the other. When you walked up in front of him he seemed slightly panicked before sighing in relief when he noticed it was you. 

"Expecting someone else Mr. TOP, Tabi, Tempo, Choi Seunghyun?" you raised your eyebrow, clicking your tongue but taking the warm drink he offered you regardless.

"Just you," he said with a slight smile. 

"Can we go inside? It's freezing out here and sadly this won't be a minute long conversation," you motioned for him to go in but he hesitated, his expression looking between disgusted and terrified. "What's wrong?"

"I can't... go in there," he said quietly, leaning down to whisper in front of you. "There can be fans inside."

You pursed your lips, peeking inside and looking at the ceilings. You sighed and took a step back.

"Look," you began. "I don't know, and I don't care about your fear of fans, but I must tell you that they are very beneficial on a hot day."

"Wh-what?" Seunghyun's eyes widened. "How? I mean, they just crowd over you an-"

"How do they crowd over you?" you scoffed. "They're in the ceiling."

Seunghyun was silent, thinking back to what you had just said. He sighed when he realized what you were talking about and then shook his head, not entirely sure how to explain the situation since it seemed like you didn't know him. 

"Please," Seunghyun mumbled. "There's a secluded park over there, let's just talk there. Please?"

You were annoyed at his persistence, not wanting to work with him at all but seeing no other route if you wanted to get anything out of him. With a shrug, you followed him as he guided you to the so called secluded park. The two of you sat in a bench and you began the speech you had prepared. 

"Look, Seunghyun, is it?" he nodded and you continued. "You ruined my deal yesterday, so as a penalty, you have to pay me back what the deal was worth."

"How much was that?" 

You frowned when you realized that he wasn't even fighting back, or afraid of how much money he would have to pay. 

"A few billion won," you told him seriously, holding back the snicker as he spit his drink out, coughing violently.

"WH-WHAT?!" he yelled, looking over at you. 

"You heard me," you crossed your arms. "Does it look like I don't have businesses that big? Just for you to see that I'm not lying, I brought my would have been contract."

He took the papers from you hesitantly, looking down at the numbers that you highlighted with pink. He swallowed audibly and you pursed your lips to hold back the amused smile. It was true. This deal was worth a few billion won, but you weren't going to actually make him pay. You just wanted to give him a good scare so he would stop bumping into people like that just because girls liked to follow him around. 

"I..." he choked out with difficulty, still coughing from his previous shock. "I don't think I can pay this..."

"Want to be my slave, then?" you turned to look at him, taking a sip of your drink.

"Will that work for you?" he asked seriously.

You both stared at each other for the longest time before you sighed and shook your head, grabbing the paper bag and pulling out a pastry. He was still staring at you with that strange terrified expression, mixed in with anxiety and after you had swallowed you answered.

"I was just messing with you," you rolled your eyes. "The deal was worth that much, but I won't make you pay for anything. So you can calm down now, and stop looking at me like that."

"This has been bothering my for a while," he said suddenly, making you look up at him. "But... do you not know who I am?"

"Should I?" you raised your eyebrow. 

"TOP... from BIGBANG...?"

"Big Bang?" you furrowed your eyebrows, 
nodding slightly, the name familiar. "!" you stood up, startling him. "YOU!"

"Me?" he was wearing that scared expression again. 

"YG!" you yelled. "You're one of his prized artists! Aish, I should have listened to him when he told me to pay more attention to his work. Maybe I could have saved my deal yesterday. Ringing bells!"

"You work for YG?" he asked, standing up as well. 

"I've been doing it for years," you smiled smugly, flipping your hair.

"Are you... under a contract?" he asked hesitantly.

"I was going to be," you pouted, watching him smile in relief. "Yah, why are you happy about that?"

"If that's the case then," he stepped closer to you. "Let me help you renew your contract with him. You'll be working closely with him and therefore his artists, right?"

"No," you shook your head. "Not unless it directly affects them the way I handle the building set ups, dance rooms, and so on. Which doesn't affect artist at all because they're always so excited about getting more work space. Like that one girl, Minzy."

"You know Minzy?" he blinked.

"Yeah," you nodded, lifting your hands. "Eh eh eh eh eh eh eh, 2NE1!"

He laughed at your behavior and you shook your head, grabbing his wrist and dragging him in the direction of the YG building, determined to get your contract back. That was quite some money, you could pay for your mother's expenses. 


"And so, umma and appa met officially," Seunghyun sighed, shifting your son in his arms until he was satisfied that the baby was comfortable. 

Seunghyun stopped speaking, looking up from your son's face at the doctor. He swallowed back the lump that immediately formed on his throat and was about to stand when the doctor motioned for him to stay put. Seunghyun nodded reluctantly, looking back down at the baby's wide eyes, reminding him of you. He his cheek with his thumb lovingly, before looking back up at the doctor.

"We..." the doctor paused. "We managed to get her stable. It was a miracle really. She should have died on impact, the fact that she held on until after the birth... well, that was another miracle on itself."

Seunghyun nodded, pursing his lips, the serious look in the doctors face not giving him much relief.

"But." There was always a but. "She's very delicate, so we're going to keep her in intensive care. Also."

The doctor paused and Seunghyun swallowed, glancing down at the baby for strength and smiling as he saw your son yawn, immediately rocking him the way you had trained him during your entire pregnancy. 

"Just tell me, please," Seunghyun looked up.

"She's in a coma."