Slight Awakening

Me & My Honey

"What is it?" you asked, peeking outside of the dance studio. "Do you need something?"

"Yes," Daesung said, his smile swallowing his eyes. "I don't know if hyung has told you, but..."

"Can I see your arms?" you asked, smiling innocently at him.

"Ne?" Daesung asked, his eyes widening slightly in confusion. 

"Hm," you hummed, pulling up your long sleeves. "Your arms."

"Ah.." Daesung hesitated for a second before pulling off his jacket. 

"You work out?" you asked, giving him a wide smile. 

"Yeah," Daesung nodded before pulling his jacket back on. "Anyway... I need to talk to you about something."

"Yeah, go ahead," you said, stepping out of the studio after waving at Jae to take care of things. 

"I'm sure Seunghyun hyung hasn't told you, but his birthday is tomorrow," Daesung said, nodding slightly. "So we're planning on a small gathering. Will you come?"

You paused, biting down on your bottom lip and clutching the hammer in your hand tightly before turning around to slam it against the wooden door you were going to tear down and replace anyway. Daesung screamed when he saw the dent left behind, watching as you dropped it before turning to him with a sweet smile.

"Sorry," you said. "But it seems like I have a previous engagement."

"Ah... with what?" Daesung asked, bowing his head slightly.

"I have to dig a six foot deep hole to bury Seunghyun in," you nodded, sighing slightly. "It's a shame, no?"

"Please reconsider," Daesung said with a smile, taking a step forward. "I'm sure he was going to tell you."

"I should have stalked his internet profiles," you murmured, nodding your head slightly. "Fine, where?"

"Really?" Daesung grinned, grabbing your hand and shaking it a few times. "Right here in the building, meet me in the lobby at seven. I promise you won't regret it!"

"Yes, yes, of course," you nodded, bowing your head to him with a smile. "Make sure to wear short sleeves, alright?"

"Alright..." Daesung trailed off, laughing slightly before letting go of your hand and rushing down the hall.

"Two timer," you heard Jae hiss and you turned to look at him. "AT LEAST CHOSE SOMEONE IN A DIFFERENT BAND!"

"Yah," you scowled. "Who's two timing?"

"You really shouldn't do that," Jae frowned, reaching over to rub away your frown. "It causes wrinkles."

"Shut up," you rolled your eyes, pushing him back into the room. "Why didn't wife say anything? She could have informed me it's his birthday."

"We're preparing a gift," Jae said proudly, throwing his arm over your shoulder. "And as the good friend you are... you should help me make my wife happy and pass it on to your boyfriend that should have been hers."

"I don't understand how you can be alright with the way she feels," you laughed, wrapping your arm around his back. "But.. as the good friend I am, I will pass on the gift and record him saying thank you before I kill him. Just so your wife can smile."

"Yah," Jae said, pulling you in front of him and holding your shoulders. "You really are the best. Let's be friends forever!"

"Ne!" you nodded, patting his cheek lightly. "You and I, forever."

"It just feels so right," Jae nodded, fake tears streaming down his face. 

"Is that a song?" you asked, letting go of his cheek.

"You're impossible," he scoffed. "Forget our friendship. Since you already said you'll pass on the gift, I will hold you responsible."

"Aish, this punk," you grunted, moving away from him to go yell at a few of your workers. 


"You really are mean," Seunghyun murmured, pulling a fresh set of clothes out for Seungsuk. "It's coming up soon, don't you know? You already slept for two months. Just wait until you wake up, I won't let you sleep ever again."

Aigoo, you're so touchy. How long until that day, huh?

"Not even a wink of sleep," Seunghyun continued. "You're going to have to drag your tired body around all day and I won't help you at all! I won't even look after Seungsuk."

Now you're just being a bad husband AND father, is it because you're getting old? How old will you be? Twenty eight? 

"You better not be mocking me in that little head of yours," Seunghyun growled playfully, pulling the warm towel away from Seungsuk's body before setting him down in the small tub of warm water he had set out. 

What are you doing, anyway?

"Seungsuk-ah," Seunghyun laughed, watching as the baby squirmed around before settling down in the water. "Do you like taking baths? Isn't it scary. This is the first time appa will do it, don't worry though, I watched many videos and practiced with  dolls when you weren't even born yet."

Aw... I wanted to be there for this... Tabi film it!

"Don't worry," Seunghyun called out, turning to look at you without letting go of Seungsuk. "I have a camera set up. I'm sorry you couldn't see it, but really, it's your fault for not being awake."

Seungsuk grunted and tried to tilt his head up to look at Seunghyun, whimpering slightly. Seunghyun looked back down at him, grabbing the sponge and dipping it into the water, running it over Seungsuk's arms thoroughly and watched the suds gather before sliding down. He held the back of Seungsuk's neck carefully, pouring water over his head. Immediately, he wiped the excess of water away from his face before continuing to scrub the rest of his body. 

"You should see the faces he's making," Seunghyun laughed. "He looks a bit angry. Seungsuk-ah, don't you like taking baths? Is appa making it uncomfortable?"

Seungsuk stuck his tongue out, the water off his lips before reaching for his feet. Seunghyun chuckled and continued to rinse his body, before reaching next to him for the hooded towel. He made sure it was warm enough before pulling Seungsuk up, wrapping the towel around him and pulling the hood over his head.

"Aigoo," Seunghyun chuckled. "Look at you. So cute."

Seungsuk let his head drop on Seunghyun's shoulder, rubbing his moist nose against Seunghyun's neck as the latter worked on drying him thoroughly. Seunghyun pushed your feet slightly to the side, laying Seungsuk down on the bed before grabbing his clothes and a fresh diaper. Once he was done dressing Seungsuk, he pulled him up and sat on the edge of the bed, still drying his hair with the towel.

"Don't you feel much better now, Seungsuk-ah," Seunghyun asked, peeking down at Seungsuk's face. "Now you're all clean. Should you sleep with umma tonight? So she can see how sweet you smell?"

Please, please, please!!

Seunghyun made sure Seungsuk was completely dry before pulling your arms away from your chest, laying the baby down on your it, his ear pressed against your heart. 

"I bet he's going to sleep well tonight," Seunghyun murmured, wrapping your arms around him. "Sleeping with you is always the best."

Aigoo, my baby is getting bigger. You better be taking lots of pictures, Tabi.

"When can I sleep in your arms again, hmm?" Seunghyun murmured, your cheek lightly with his fingertips before laying his head on your pillow. "Don't you miss that?"

Of course I miss it.

"Hmm," Seunghyun mumbled, keeping his eyes on Seungsuk's until he saw them droop, indicating that he was about to fall asleep. "Dream of me?"

I always do. 

"I'm waiting patiently," Seunghyun said. "Wake up so you can watch him grow next to me. Who's going to inspect girls that chase him around when he's older if not you?"

You're right... Aish. I'll keep trying. I'll wake up. I will. 

"Goodnight, okay?" Seunghyun murmured. "I love you."

Wait... how many days are left?

"Wake up as my birthday present, okay?" Seunghyun whispered, already drifting off slightly. "You have one more month..."

Goodnight, Tabi. Sweet dreams. I love you, too.


"Yah, Seunghyun-ah," you yelled, pointing at Seunghyun as he walked out of a room. "Who do you think you are?"

"What do you mean?" he asked, smiling as he approached you.

"Why didn't you tell me it was your birthday soon?" you growled, slapping his arm. "I had to find out from fans outside!"

"Ouch," Seunghyun mumbled, rubbing his arm carefully before giving you a smile. "It's not important."

"That's like saying my birthday isn't a worldwide holiday," you rolled your eyes.

"You're really full of yourself, you know?" Seunghyun muttered, stepping closer to you and wrapping his arms around you in a hug. "Fine, shall I tell you?" You nodded against his chest, stepping on his foot with yours. "My birthday is tomorrow, have you prepared a gift?"

"You don't deserve one," you hissed, looking up at him.

He glanced down at wrinkled his nose at you, looking around before pushing you into an empty room. You stumbled back and watched as he locked the door, pulling down the blinds before wrapping you up in a hug again. 

"I know, I know," Seunghyun nodded. "I don't really need one as long as you're with me."

"What are you doing then?" you asked, struggling to get out of his arms. "Will you go party with other famous people that I don't know of?"

"Why would I do that?" Seunghyun laughed, pinching your cheeks and you stomped his foot, making him yelp. "Ow... Let me... Aish... I rather spend the day with you."

"I'm busy," you grunted, breaking free from his embrace.

"Are you really?" your heart dropped when you saw his disappointed expression, making you slump your shoulders.

"No," you sighed. 

"Then can we spend the day together?" Seunghyun asked. "You can stay over tonight! I'm free all day from now on."

"I have to help Jae with the room final examination," you said, shrugging slightly. 

"Can I tag along?" Seunghyun smiled, pressing his forehead against yours.

"Why are you so touchy," you pouted, poking his chest.

"I don't know," he shrugged. "I just like touching you."

"Punk," you muttered, tugging on his shirt collar. 

"So? Can I?"

"Sure," you rolled your eyes, stumbling back a step as he wrapped his arms around you again in a tight hug, pressing his lips against yours tenderly. 

"Let's go then!" he said enthusiastically, dragging you behind him by the wrist. 


Your eyes opened slowly, fingers twitching slightly and your turned your eyes to the side with difficulty. Your bottom lip quivered slightly when you saw Seunghyun sleeping soundly against your pillow, his back hunched over in a position that looked uncomfortable since he was sitting on a chair. You could feel your eyes drooping heavily again and you quickly turned the to the baby on your chest, smiling at the few strands of hair and the outline of his nose, his lips. 

Your eyes completely closed again, making you feel frustrated. You tried to open them again to no avail, eventually feeling your body shut down again. The images you had been able to capture during your slight awakening replayed in your mind over and over the rest of the night until Seunghyun woke up to Seungsuk's quiet whimpers.

Finally, give him a bottle or something. My poor baby has been whimpering for a few minutes already.

"Hmm, are you hungry?" Seunghyun asked, pulling Seungsuk away from your chest to feed him. "Sorry, I should have fed you before letting you sleep."

Seungsuk took the bottle into his lips greedily when Seunghyun offered it to him a few minutes later, snuggling down into his father's arms, eyes drooping slightly. Seunghyun chuckled and waited until Seungsuk fell asleep again, pulling the bottle from his lips before setting him back into your chest gently. 

"You should see how beautiful he really is," Seunghyun yawned, pressing a kiss on your forehead.

I got a glimpse...

"Just like his mommy," Seunghyun murmured, resting his head on your pillow again.

Really? He looked more like you... Seunghyun-ah... sleep more okay? You're turning into Seungri with those bags under your eyes.