Trust Me

Me & My Honey

"Ah, she was horrible," your mother said as Seunghyun sat next to her, playing with the yarn by her side. "She was always getting into trouble."

"How?" Seunghyun smiled, glancing at you.

"Well, she would skip school often," your mother replied. "So that meant her grades were horrible, but she also began to pick fights often."

"I didn't pick them," you rolled your eyes, booking the plane tickets online. "They came on their own."

"Her first fight, Seunghyun-ah," your mother said, looking up at him with an amused smile. "She didn't know what she was doing, so she came home bruised and bleeding."

"Really?" Seunghyun laughed, admiring the way your mother's fingers moved back and forth as she knit skillfully.

"Yep," she said. "Give her some credit, though, not a single tear was shed. "

"What was the fight over?" Seunghyun asked, tilting his head to the side.

"They stole her lunch."

"What?" Seunghyun laughed along with your mother, shaking his head. "You're so dramatic."

"Dramatic? Are you kidding me?" you scowled. "School lasts all day long. I needed my energy!"

"So she went back a week later," your mother said to Seunghyun. "And kicked her this time around."

"They thing about fights," you said. "Is that you never make the same mistake twice."

"Sadly, we can't say that about your old boyfriends, huh?" your mother sneered and you flinched, looking down. "You're much, much better, Seunghyun-ah."

"Hm," Seunghyun nodded with a smile. "She's much better as well."

Your mother continued to bring up embarrassing moments all day, making sure Seunghyun knew every single detail of your life before you steered in the right direction. 

"Nineteen," she said. "She was nineteen when we found out."

"Nineteen?" Seunghyun asked, looking at you.

"The year she rushed through school so she could work," your mother nodded. "By the time she was a twenty, almost twenty-one, she was already making deals with companies."

"Was that when you came to YG?" Seunghyun asked.

"Hm," you nodded. "He sought me and I answered. At that moment, I was just desperate for money. We owed the hospital a lot."

"She came to the hospital with the good news," your mother sighed. "From that moment on, more people would seek her and compete against each other to get her and Jae's designs."

"How would they compete?" Seunghyun asked, his eyebrows furrowing.

"Money," you replied. "Whoever was willing to offer the most was where we would be. Once I had a stable account for mom's treatment, we became a bit more..."

"Exclusive," your mother chimed in. "YG Entertainment is number one on the list."

"So... when you lost the deal...?" Seunghyun raised his eyebrow.

"He would have contacted me again in no time," you laughed. "I just wanted to scare you."

"Isn't it good, though?" your mother smiled, looking at you and then at Seunghyun. "Look at what happened."


"He's already on the internet," you mumbled, scrolling through the websites. "No name yet. Just... T.O.P's son."

"YG is making a post soon," Seunghyun said. "He'll give a name."

Seungsuk gripped one of Seunghyun's fingers as he drank from the bottle, staring up at Seunghyun intently. The latter looked away from the lyrics Jiyong had sent, making sure Seungsuk was fine before looking over them again.

"Seungsuk-ah," he got his attention by calling out his name. "When you grow, you have to be just like appa. As soon as you start talking, we'll start rapping."

Seungsuk grunted and squeezed Seunghyun's finger. He closed his eyes on reflex when Seunghyun bent down to kiss his forehead. 

"Another rapper," you mumbled, scrolling through different websites and edits dedicated to Seungsuk. "Is our family going to revolve around rappers?"

"Hm," Seunghyun and Seungsuk hummed at the same time, making you shake your head with a smile.


"So," Seunghyun said, sitting down next to you in the deserted beach. "How rich are you?"

"I'm not," you mumbled, watching as your mother threw her head back and took a deep breath. 

"You rented out the entire beach for a month," Seunghyun said, looking down at you.

"Alright," you rolled your eyes. "I have quite a bit, but I'm not rich."

"Are you afraid?" Seunghyun asked, brushing your hair back.

"We've known this would happen for six years," you sighed, looking at your mother again. "It's not that bad."

"She seems at peace," Seunghyun noted, gesturing at her with his hand.

"She is," you said. "She wanted this and she got it."

"So," Seunghyun said after a moment. "What about your father?"

"Dead," you said.

"How?"

"Hmm," you looked down at your feet, burying your toes into the sand. "An accident. I don't remember it. I was really young. And... your parents?"

"I hope you don't mind," Seunghyun said. "But I asked them to come meet you and eomonie."

"Huh?" you asked, blinking slightly. 

"Yeah," Seunghyun smiled. "I figured it's about time you met them, and it'll be a good opportunity for them to talk before..."

You nodded, your bottom lip quivering as you realized all over again that your mother was going to die. Seunghyun wrapped his arm around your shoulder and pulled your face into his chest, a sob immediately escaping your lips. He your back carefully, holding you tightly as he let out a few silent tears himself. His eyes went to your mother who was looking back at the two of you, giving Seunghyun a gentle smile he could barely see. His head bowed and when he looked back up he saw her staring up at the sky. 

When your mother finally got up, she slowly walked back to where you where. Her pale skin had been replaced with a healthy glow, body seemingly completely relaxed even though she was going through a painful process. Seunghyun shifted slightly, getting on his knees carefully before standing up with you on his arms. Your mother gently brushed sand away from your knees and then your hair back, brushing off the tear tracks in your cheeks. Your nose wrinkled in your sleep but you smiled, snuggling further into Seunghyun's arms.

"I have been holding on so long," she said. "Because I didn't want her to be more alone that she already was." Seunghyun nodded, pursing his lips together. "You're not lying, right?"

"About?" Seunghyun asked, his voice quivering slightly.

"You're not lying about what you told me," your mother said, the fingers of her right hand going to her left hand, the now bare ring finger. 

"I'm not," Seunghyun shook his head, looking down at you. "I'm not."

"That's the only reason I'll leave peacefully, Seunghyun-ah," your mother said quietly.

"I understand," Seunghyun said quietly. "Shall we go inside? It's getting a bit late. Don't you need to eat? I'll just put her to be-"

"Go," your mother laughed, pointing at the beach house. 

"Right," Seunghyun chuckled, waiting for your mother to open the door before slipping inside. 

He set you down on the bed as soon as he walked into one of the empty rooms, throwing a light sheet over you before walking back out. He spotted your mother busy knitting again, her fingers moving quickly as she looked down fondly at the beanie she was making.

"Eomonie," Seunghyun said. "What are you making?"

"When you have children, Seunghyun-ah," she said, holding her work up to admire it. "I want to be with them somehow. So, this is the least I can do. One for every year of their lives."

"Their?" Seunghyun chuckled.

"I expect three," your mother informed. 

"And how many years will they live?" Seunghyun smiled. 

"Hmm," your mother hummed, thinking about it. "More than enough. But these old hands can only provide them warmth for twenty eight years."

"You've made that many?" Seunghyun's eyes widened.

"Almost done," your mother said smugly. "I started as soon as I met you."

"Did you know it right then?" Seunghyun laughed, resting his head on the table. 

"I know love when I see it," your mother told him. 


"It's a little too big," you laughed, putting the blue and green beanie over Seungsuk's head.

"Yeah, I guess eomonie thought they would have big heads like yours," Seunghyun teased you, nudging your shoulder with his.

"Shut up," you glared at him playfully, picking up Seungsuk and holding him in the air in front of you. "Aigoo, so cute. Grandma sure knows fashion."

Seungsuk smiled at you two and you gasped, leaning forward and peeking into his gums.

"What?" Seunghyun asked.

"He's getting his first tooth," you mumbled, going through the information you had gathered. "It's going to be hell for a while."

"Yeah?" Seunghyun asked, leaning forward to peek into Seungsuk's mouth as well. "An early bloomer, our Seungsuk-ah."

"He's already nine months old," you rolled your eyes. 

"The book said eighteen, this is only half," Seunghyun said.

"Jeez," you laughed. "Remember everything, huh?"

"You drilled it into my brain for five months!" Seunghyun growled playfully at you, poking your sides. "Come on, let's go."

"I hate press conferences," you mumbled, handing Seungsuk over to Seunghyun. 


"My parents and Hyeyoon should be arriving tomorrow morning," Seunghyun whispered quietly, his lips brushing over your bruised knuckles. 

You winced slightly when he kissed one of the cuts but he instantly soothed it by blowing on it. Your eyes met and he dropped your hand, scooting closer to you on the bed. 

"Okay," you nodded, sighing slightly.

"Should we do something special?" Seunghyun asked, kissing your forehead lightly.

"Like what?" you shook your head.

"Hm," Seunghyun hummed, looking up. "Maybe a big dinner.... Western style."

"Is that what you want?" you laughed, covering your mouth at how loud it actually came out. 

"Yes, that's what I want," Seunghyun said, pulling your hands away from your mouth and kissing the tip of your nose.

"Alright, we'll order some," you said, throwing your arms around his neck. 

"Did you sleep well earlier?" Seunghyun asked, making your heart flutter at the way his eyes were concentrating on you. 

"Ye-yeah," you nodded.

Seunghyun pulled your head into his chest, his arms going around you in a hug. You pressed your forehead against his shoulder and stared down at your hands, placing them lightly on his chest. 

"I like this," Seunghyun said. "Not having to say anything."

"Is it because you're not good with words?" you mumbled.

"Psh, why wouldn't I be good with words?" Seunghyun rolled his eyes, tugging on your hair lightly. "I'm a rapper. I free style all the time."

"That doesn't mean you're good with words," you said, looking up at him.

"It doesn't?"

"No," you shook your head. "That just means you know how to boast about yourself, insult other people, or flirt with someone."

"Should I show you how good I am?" Seunghyun said, leaning close to you.

"Naw," you shook your head. "I don't want you to embarrass yourself."

"Aish," he scoffed, pinching your cheek. "Fine."

Seunghyun yawned and you began to hum quietly. He briefly smiled at you before closing his eyes, finally letting himself rest after a long day. You examined the wounds on your knuckles again and sighed, feeling slightly embarrassed. How were you supposed to shake his parents hands tomorrow with your knuckles bruised, and scabbed?


"Choi Seungsuk," Seunghyun said, and you pressed your nose against Seungsuk's head, looking over all the camera and press. 

Was the birth of a baby really such a big deal? For a moment you envied Sean, the only way he ever exposed his children was over social networks, and now you have Seungsuk in front of an army of press. You covered his eyes when the cameras began to flash and Seunghyun reached over to tug the beanie down to his nose. 

"Please..." he said into the microphone. "He's just a baby."

The flashes stopped immediately and you pursed your lips together, glaring slightly. The lights over you became brighter so they wouldn't need a flash and you let Seungsuk peek over your hand again. He gripped your fingers as he leaned forward, using his other hand to slap the surface of the table you were sitting behind. Seunghyun chuckled and grabbed the microphone, pulling up Seungsuk from your arms. 

Seungsuk smiled at Seunghyun and pressed his forehead against his cheek, playing with the necklace around the latter's  neck. Seunghyun smiled and looked back at the press who was furiously taking pictures. 

"Seungsuk-ah," he said into the microphone, holding it up to Seungsuk's lips when he got his attention. "You'll show all these people how amazing the Choi family is in the future, right?"

Seungsuk blinked at him before looking down at the microphone, leaning forward until his lips were barely brushing against it. He blabbered into it and the cameras began to snap again, and Seunghyun nodded.

"That's right," he said. "You're so cute."

"When will you have another one?" someone yelled.

"Ah," Seunghyun laughed and you hung your head, shaking it slightly. "That's too personal."


"You look fine, eomonie," Seunghyun laughed, grabbing your mother's hands and pulling them away from her hair. "Don't worry."

"Worry?" your mother scoffed. "Who's worrying?"

"You guys are really alike sometimes," Seunghyun said, glancing up at you as you looked out the window.

"Sometimes, I guess," you mumbled. 

"You look fine," Seunghyun said again to your mother. "So stop."

"Probably have attractive parents," your mother mumbled as she walked away into her room, looking for her knitting supplies. 

"Are you nervous, too?" Seunghyun asked, peeking at you. 

"A little," you admitted. "But I will try my best to not let you embarrass me."

"Me?" Seunghyun rolled his eyes. "Worry about yourself."

"I'm amazing," you said. "They'll love me and beg me to break up with you and find a better man."

"Is that so?" Seunghyun said, pinching your nose. "Who?"

"Daesung," you managed to say before he smacked your arm. "OW!"

"No," he glared at you, poking your nose.

"I'm going to call the police on you one day," you mumbled, rubbing your arm. "Don't think I'll let this slide. You're going to cry later."

"Not Daesung!"

"Fine!" you yelled. "Seungri. It'll be like nothing changed, I can still call him Seunghyun."

"Is it because you'll think of me even then?" Seunghyun said, leaning close to you.

"Oh sure, because you're so hard to forget," you said sarcastically.

"I a-"

The knock on the door stopped you and you both turned to look, eyes wide. Seunghyun made a move to open the door but you stopped him, looking at him with wide eyes.

"Trust me."