Marriage

Me & My Honey

 "Ah," Jae sighed, nodding as he looked at your dress. "It seems like just two days ago he revealed your relationship, and just yesterday that he said you were engaged."

"Does it?" you mumbled, looking at your reflection in the mirror. 

"Yeah," Jae chuckled, standing up and walking up behind you. "What's on your mind?"

Your eyes met through the mirror and you sighed, biting down on your bottom lip. Jae placed his hands lightly on your bare shoulders, his head tilting to the side at your expression. You blinked furiously when you felt the tears begin to pool in your eyes and cleared your throat.

"Just, thinking," you mumbled.

"Aigoo," Jae chuckled, hugging you gently from behind. "I didn't think sajangnim would be one of those emotional brides."

"I'm not," you pouted. "I was just thinking of umma."

"Ah," Jae nodded, pulling away, brushing away imaginary dust from your dress. "Eomonie is here."

"Eh?" you looked up, your eyes wide.

"Right here," Jae said, tapping the spot above your heart lightly. "She won't miss a single thing."

"You know that's no-"

"Don't," Jae shook his head. "She will be here for the entire ceremony. Okay, maybe she'll come in for the kiss. It's just too boring to stick around for everything else, no?"

You laughed and pushed his shoulder, ruffling his hair. He yelled in protest and immediately turned to the mirror, fixing his hair and popping his suit collar. You rolled your eyes and looked back into the mirror as well. You gave yourself a slight nod, picturing your mother behind you, admiring the white dress.

"It has too much stuff on it, no?" you asked, wrinkling your nose.

"What are you talking about?" Jae scoffed, admiring your dress again. "It's quite simple, but beautiful."

"What's the point of this, though?" you whined, pointing at the embroider along your waist. "It's too... flowery."

"It's pretty," Jae shook his head.

"And this?" you scoffed, pointing at the waterfall draping the skirt.

"Thug life," Jae nodded, crossing his arms.

"Shut up," you glared, snatching the bouquet from Jae's eager hands. "How much longer?"

"Why?" Jae whispered, looking around. "Are you getting cold feet?"

"WHY WOULD I?!" you yelled, smacking his arm. "I love my Tabi. I would never run away from him."

Jae laughed and you tilted your head to the side, a silent question in your eyes.

"It's funny," he said, chuckling slightly. "When we met, after that jerk, you promised you wouldn't love anyone again. You took on this cold exterior and now, you're different."

"Different?" you asked, looking down at your flowers.

"Different," Jae nodded. "'I love my Tabi', aigoo, when did you become so cute?"

"I didn't even notice," you mumbled, letting out a sigh before looking at the clock again. "So how much longer?"

"Thirty minutes," Jae smiled. "We have to hurry because my Soojin and my babies are waiting for me."

"Thanks, Jae," you whispered.

"No problem," Jae smiled.


"She was supposed to marry me," Daesung pouted, glaring at Seunghyun across the room.

"What are you talking about?" Seunghyun rolled his eyes, holding still as his mother fixed his tie. 

"We had a secret love!" Daesung complained.

"She had a secret love with me, too," Seungri sighed, chewing on his bottom lip. 

"She had a secret love with all of us," Jiyong said, shrugging slightly. "We need to let it go and let her live happily with Seunghyun hyung now."

"She never had secret loves with any of you," Seunghyun mumbled, smiling at his mother as she patted down his suit and stood back. 

"Shall I go check on her?" she asked, her voice choking up slightly. 

"Umma, don't cry," Seunghyun laughed, hugging his mother. "It's too early."

"You're right," she nodded, wiping away the few tears that managed to slip out. "I'll go check on her."

"Don't," Seunghyun shook his head. "Jae has it. Plus, I'm sure she wants to be alone right now."

"You're right," she replied, clapping her hands once. "Well, see you boys soon."

"Bye, eomonie!" everyone called out, waving furiously at the woman. 

Seunghyun shook his head and turned to look in the mirror again, his lips tilting into a frown. 

"What's wrong?" Se7en laughed, patting Seunghyun's shoulder.

"I'm not good enough," Seunghyun mumbled.

"Not good enough?" Se7en whispered, resting his chin on Seunghyun's shoulder. "You're right, but at least you were brave enough."

"Eh?" Seunghyun asked, looking at Se7en with surprise.

"Ten minutes, T.O.P," Se7en laughed, walking over to Jiyong who was staring down intently at a glass. 


"Ew, skip it," you mumbled, pouting as Seunghyun held up Seungsuk and talked to him in a baby voice about your wedding. 

"Why?" Seunghyun asked, looking over at you. "Eager to get to the good part."

"Why are you winking, pig?" you scoffed, looking away from him. "It's just that Jae's right. It was pretty boring until the kiss."

"Shall I skip to the kiss, then?" Seunghyun said, settling Seungsuk back down on his lap. 

"Hm," you nodded. 

Seungsuk giggled when Charlie sauntered over and sat in front of him, staring at Seungsuk with his head tilted to the side. Seunghyun chuckled and played with Seungsuk's soft hair before he began to speak. 

"She looked very pretty when she walked down the aisle," you covered your face and looked away as Seunghyun started to recall and bring the events to a quick summary before he got to the part he was supposed to talk about. "I felt like I was going to faint, the nerves caught up to me and slapped me around, but I held my ground. Hm, Jae handed her over to me with a glare, and threatened me before taking his place next to his wife."

Seungsuk tilted his head back to look at Seunghyun curiously, grabbing the latter's fingers and pulling them to his mouth. Seunghyun smiled and leaned down to press a kiss against his forehead. 

"Our vows weren't anything special," he said. "We had said it all by then, but hearing something as regular and normal as that come from her lips really made me happy."


You swallowed back that lump in your throat, forcing the butterflies to stay in your stomach as Seunghyun grabbed your hand, a new ring already decorating it. You instantly bit down on your bottom lip when he leaned forward, grabbing your chin with his free hand. The anticipation was killing you, the seal to everything that had taken place just moments ago, months ago. You blinked when his lips were finally an inch away from yours, and closed your eyes fully when he took a step forward, closing that final distance between the two of you. 

Seunghyun's lips felt different this time, they were tender and sweet, unlike the late passionate kisses you seemed to be sharing. Your hands went up on their own, resting on his shoulders as his head tilted to the side, his lips parting slightly only to press against yours sweetly again. After a few more seconds, he pulled away reluctantly and you looked down, your cheeks flushed. 

Cheers erupted immediately in the hall and Seunghyun turned to wave at everyone, twisting you around and slipping his arm around your waist. You met Soojin's eyes and she shook her fist in the air, a wide smile on her lips. Her children were bouncing up and down next to her, throwing flowers around while her babies looked around with wide eyes. You bowed your head back and turned to look at Jae, surprised to see tears in his eyes. He offered you a bright smile, regardless, blowing you a kiss before turning to bury his face in Soojin's shoulder.

"SOOJIN, BABY! OUR DAUGHTER MARRIED!" he wailed loud enough for you to hear. "SHE MARRIED!"

Soojin nodded her head and patted his head, murmuring softly to him already. You let out a small giggle before turning to look at Seunghyun's side of the hall. You pouted when you saw Daesung stomping his feet one second and laughing the next. He met your eyes and gave you a thumbs up, his eyes disappearing as he smiled. You shook your head and laughed when he pulled off his coat and flexed his arms for you, resting your forehead on Seunghyun's shoulder for a moment.

"Yah!" Seunghyun yelled, pointing at Daesung. "Who do you think you are?!"

"Leave me alone!" Daesung yelled back. 

You grabbed Seunghyun's hand to stop him from pointing at Daesung and he turned to look at you with a smile. You smiled back and closed your eyes when he swooped in for another kiss, hugging you tightly before he pulled away. The next person to catch your eye was Seungri, his smug smile made you shake your head. He jumped around, waving his arms.

"My noona is the prettiest girl in the whole world!" he yelled out grabbed Jiyong by his shirt collar, shaking him and pointing at you with an excited smile. 


"Party was a blur," Seunghyun said, patting Seungsuk's back as the baby laid on his chest, the day of playing with Charlie finally getting to him. "I don't remember most of it because all I did was stare at your mommy. Her smile, and laughter were all that mattered."

"You're so cheesy," you smiled, fiddling with your fingers. 

"You make me cheesy," Seunghyun said with a grin. "In a good way."

"Go on," you said, waving at him.

"Do you want our Seungsuk-ah to hear the next part that bad?" Seunghyun asked.

"Ah.." you blushed, looking down. "Skip to the honeymoon."

"That was worse," Seunghyun's chest shook slightly as he tried to not laugh.

"Ahh," you mumbled quietly, covering your ears. 

"Sleep so I can mess with umma's mind, Seungsuk," Seunghyun said, rubbing Seungsuk's back as the later began to drift off.