Anniversary

Me & My Honey

"TOP," Seungri said, shoving the plate of food at Seunghyun. "Eat. We know you only bother on feeding Seungsuk-ah. Didn't we tell you that she won't want to hug a stick?"

"Fine, fine," Seunghyun said with a smile, grabbing the plate and sitting down on the couch. "I didn't ask you four to come, anyway."

"Then who would bring you your clothes and everything you need?" Jiyong yelled. "Seriously, do you have no respect for your own body."

"It's not like that at all," Seunghyun shook his head, lifting the fork filled with rice to his mouth. "I just... don't want to leave her alone for long."

"She'll be fine, Seunghyun," Jiyong rolled his eyes, looking over at you. "Won't you?"

I will. 

Seunghyun sighed and looked over at Youngbae and Daesung who were busy playing with Seungsuk's hands. He rolled his eyes and glanced back down at his plate, quickly eating so he could go back to your side.

"Noona," Seungri sat next to you, poking your arm. "Wake up already. We didn't even sleep this much that one time we stayed awake for three days trying to see if the bags under my eyes got bigger."

"You did what?" Seunghyun laughed, looking over at Seungri who was busy pouting at you. 

"Shut up," Seungri rolled his eyes. 

"What were you doing with my wife for three straight nights and two days?!" Seunghyun yelled, pointing at Seungri with the fork.

"WHAT DO YOU THINK? WE WERE MAKING OUR LOVE GROW!" Seungri yelled back. "AND FOR YOUR INFORMATION, IT WAS AN ENTIRE WEEK WHEN YOU WERE OFF DOING YOUR CALVIN KLEIN THING IN NEW YORK!"

"Why didn't anyone tell me?!" 

"We didn't want you to overreact," Youngbae smirked. "They were pretty close that week. I think they held hands all the time."

Stop it you idiots. 

"Wh-what?" Seunghyun glared at Seungri, making the latter smile smugly.

"Until I walked into the picture," Daesung said with a knowing smile. 

"What the hell?"

"I was there for a day, too," Jiyong said. "She was really nice to me."

Aigoo... stop it. 

"All of you get out!" Seunghyun shouted. "I can't trust any of you!"

"We were just kidding," Daesung rolled his eyes. "We didn't really do anything to her."

"Did you really spend that time with her, though?" Seunghyun asked. 

"Of course," Seungri rolled his eyes, poking your arm again. "Did you want her to be all alone in her room again?"

"Thank you," Seunghyun mumbled, nodding slightly. 

"Then we all left her alone for the awards, but who cares! It's over!" Seungri said, poking your hand this time. 


"So here we are, a year, is there something you would like to say?" Seunghyun asked, crossing his legs.

"It hasn't been a year yet," you mumbled, packing up your belongings.

"It has been a year," Seunghyun said. "Your deadline for the project is tomorrow, the same day you signed the contract."

"That is true," you said. "So it hasn't been a year, since the day would be tomorrow. And what do I have to say?"

"It's almost our anniversary, why are you still so cold with me?"

You stopped, closing your eyes tightly before opening them again. You turned slowly and looked at Seunghyun as he sat there with an innocent smile. His head tilted to the side and he uncrossed his legs, leaning forward on the small couch set up on the resting area of your final dance studio. 

"I'm not cold," you settled for saying that instead, not wanting to instigate a fight when he was going to be busy with work. 

"Then give me a hug," Seunghyun said, standing up and walking to you with confident strides. 

You pushed back all of your anxiety and walked into his open arms, wrapping your own arms around his torso as he s an arm around your waist and his hand over your head. He squeezed you gently and rubbed the tip of his nose against your hair before letting go. You smiled and pulled away from him, wrinkling your nose before going back to packing up, his scent still lingering in your nostrils. 

"Are you nervous?" you asked, turning to look at him.

"About what?" he asked, picking up a stray nail from the floor and dropping it into one of your tool boxes.

"The whole EMA nomination thing," you said, zipping up the bag and throwing it into the cart that Jae would pick up the next morning. 

"Nope," he said with a grin and grabbed your backpack from your hands, slipping it on before grabbing your hand and pulling you out of the studio. "I know that will all your voting we'll make it."

"I haven't been voting for you, I'm voting for someone else," you said teasingly, unconsciously fiddling with your forefingers as you recalled how many hours you would spend in front of the computer clicking away on their name. 

"Ah, well, then we'll just have to trust our VIP's, no?" Seunghyun asked, stopping before you could walk out of the building and wrapping his scarf around you. 

"Are you excited at least?" you asked.

"Very," Seunghyun nodded, pulling you out of the building once he was satisfied that the scarf wouldn't fall off you. 

He walked you back all the way to your home, his hood pulled up the entire time. You began to become irritated with the fact that he had to hide. After giving yourself a mental pep talk you got over it and stopped when you were in front of your door. 

"I won't see you tomorrow at the building, will I?" Seunghyun asked, pulling your hands up. 

"Probably not," you shook your head. "At least not until past lunch time. I'm going to be sleeping in now that this is over with before I start looking at other offers or start making offers."

"But then that means you'll be busy in other places," Seunghyun pouted. "How about you come work at YG again?"

"Again?" you chuckled, shaking your head. "I can't. I need at least a three month rest period before I try to make business with YG again."

"I will miss you during that time," Seunghyun said.

"You're not going to make an effort to see me?" you asked, raising your eyebrow. 

"No... ah, you know, I will. It's just that... work will be getting busy and.." Seunghyun trailed off and you sighed, grabbing your doorknob. 

"Hm," you nodded. "So let's wait until you're not busy anymore to see each other, okay?"

Seunghyun stopped you when you were about to step into your apartment, pulling you back outside with a glare. You scoffed and looked away. 

"Yah," he said, his tone low and menacing. "I'm being quite patient with you, you know? I'm still here even though your refuse to even tell me that you love me."

"Why should I tell you that?" you asked, pulling your hand away from his grasp. 

"Are we really fighting?" Seunghyun asked incredulously, clenching his fists. 

"So what if we are?" you yelled, stomping your foot. 

"You're impossible," Seunghyun shouted, and you were sure that by now you're neighbors would be awake. "I don't think I want to do this anymore."

"Then end it and leave! What are you waiting for?!" you shrieked, jabbing his chest with your index finger. 

"Is it really that difficult for you to tell me?" Seunghyun asked softly this time. "You can't tell me you love me?"

You looked down, shaking your head a few times. Seunghyun sighed and you could see him clenching and unclenching his fists. Warning bells and Jae's annoying voice were going off in your head, telling you to quickly fix it or you would regret it. 

"I... I really," Seunghyun stopped, taking a shaky breath. "I can't do this if you don't work with me. We started out two lonely people, and I took a chance at confessing feelings that I didn't understand. And you gave me this chance... but maybe, I'm the only one that fell in love."

"Tab-"

"It's alright," Seunghyun stopped you. "I honestly rather enjoy the ride, than have nothing at all."

"Seun-"

"So with that," Seunghyun said. "I'll just g-"

"I love you," you spat out, throwing your arms around his neck. "I love you. I love you. I love you."

Seunghyun stumbled forward, wrapping his arms around your waist in an attempt to keep the both of you upright. He continued to stumble forward as you clung tightly to him, repeating the three words over and over. 

"I'm sorry," you practically sobbed. "I love you. I do."

"I love you, too," Seunghyun murmured, pushing you into the apartment and walking in after you.

You stood in front of him shyly and pouted at the floor. He shook his head with a smile, closing the door behind him, kicking his shoes off. You did the same and he walked to you slowly, raising his hand to cup your cheek.

"Say it again?" he asked.

"I love you," you said immediately, shrieking in surprise when he wrapped his arms around you, picking you up to spin you around. "Tabi!"

"In your face, Daesung!" Seunghyun shouted, setting you down again. "You love me?"

"I love you," you nodded with a smile. 


Seungsuk laid on his back next to you, his head tilted back so he could see Seunghyun folding his clothes. He curled his small hands into fists, looking away from Seunghyun to the ceiling which was a thousand times more interesting to him. His eyes focused on one of the many lights and he cooed at it, lifting his fist into his mouth to on his fingers.

Seunghyun looked up, smiling when he saw Seungsuk chewing and on his hands. A chuckle escaped his lips when Seungsuk tilted his head back again, blinking at Seunghyun once before directing his gaze back to the light. 

"He'll be like you, hyung, you know?" Seunghyun looked to the door to find Youngbae at the door with the bag of clean clothes he had asked for. 

"What do you mean?" Seunghyun asked, setting down Seungsuk's small shirt on the table. 

"He has your careless attitude and serious expressions," Youngbae said. "I doubt he'll lose them as time goes by. If he finds something uninteresting, he'll look away and even when we carry him, I feel as if I'm doing it with his permission. He's dignified... like a prince."

"He is a prince," Seunghyun said smugly, taking the bag from Youngbae's hands. "Thanks."

"A 'king' as a father and an angel as a mother," Youngbae nodded. "Of course he's a prince."

Just then, the prince looked over, quickly looking away when he realized nothing interesting was going on. 


"Happy anniversary," Seunghyun said and you looked up from your drink, meeting his eyes which were reflecting love, happiness, and trust. 

He tilted his head to the side, the curiosity behind your expression making him doubt if it was the best decision to say that. What else was he supposed to say on a day like that, though? Wasn't that the right thing to do? He bit on his bottom lip nervously and followed your glass as you lifted to your lips and took a sip. 

"Happy anniversary," you nodded, looking away from his piercing gaze. 

He seemed satisfied enough by this, an instant smile coming into his lips. He looked down at his glass and took a sip of his drink as well. When he glanced back at you, he noticed you were busy moving the food in your plate around with a fork. Finally he seemed to notice your mood, his going down instantly as well. You suppressed a sigh before looking back up at him, feeling tears well up in your eyes when you saw his furrowed eyebrows, and sad pout. You set your drink back down and let out the sigh, glancing down at your hands as you placed them on your lap.

"Is something wrong?" Seunghyun asked, reaching across the table to brush his fingers against your cheek. 

"Not.. not exactly," you shook your head, pulling his fingers away from your cheek. 

"Then what is it?" Seunghyun asked, dropping his hand reluctantly. 

You swallowed, looking down at your plate again, shaking your head slightly. You were reluctant to let him know what was really bothering you, your fingers twitching slightly. Seunghyun sighed and stood up from his chair, walking over to your side and kneeling down next to you. You looked over at him with a small frown before glancing back at the food. 

"Yah," Seunghyun mumbled. "Tell me what's wrong."

You shook your head slightly, keeping your eyes on the food until he grabbed your chin and pulled your head to the side to face him. He narrowed his eyes at you and you felt a shudder run up your spine at the intensity. 

"Now."

"I hate waiting for you," you finally said. "This isn't our anniversary. It was a week ago, and you know it."

"I was at Belfast," Seunghyun sighed. "You know that."

"Hm," you nodded. "For your birthday, too."

"Is that why you're mad?" he asked.

"I'm not mad," you shook your head, sitting back and looking away from him. "Just upset and pretty neutral about today. It's not our anniversary, I truly don't understand why you're making me do this."

"I just thought it would be nice," Seunghyun mumbled. "But I guess not."

"I guess," you said. 

Seunghyun sighed and leaned back on his knees, sitting down on the floor, keeping his eyes on yours. You kept your eyes in front of you, knowing that if you looked at him you wouldn't hear the end of it. Seunghyun sighed once again, pulling himself to his knees again, resting his chin against the armrest of your chair. 

"Be happy," he said. "I have something for you."

You looked hesitantly at him, raising your eyebrow and he smiled when he realized he had your attention. He stood up instantly and grabbed your hand, pulling you away from the table. You rolled your eyes but followed him all the way to his pink room and he pushed you harshly on the bed, making you topple over and slam your head against the pillows.

"Wait there, okay?" he asked loudly, running off. 

You rolled over and crossed your arms, staring at the ceiling with a blank expression. You could hear Seunghyun rummaging around in his closet, throwing things away as he looked for whatever he was supposed to give you. You sat up when he came back and crossed your legs in his bed, wiggling your toes. Seunghyun smiled widely and dropped a box into your hands and you stared down at the tiny thing.

"What's in here? The Eiffel Tower?" you asked, looking up at him.

Seunghyun's expression dropped slightly and he pursed his lips before speaking up.

"Why?" he asked. "Would you like that? I can see if I can get it for you... I mean.."

"Whoa," you laughed, shaking your head. "Letting money go to your head, Seunghyun ssi? Don't worry, I think I can buy it myself."

"I see money has gone to your head as well," he teased you back and you rolled your eyes, looking down at the box.

"So what is it?"

"You have to open it," he said, poking your toes.

"I don't want to be a victim of your foot ," you mumbled, holding back a giggle and pulling your feet under yourself.

"Let me see them!" Seunghyun whined trying to pull your feet back out from under you. 

"No!" you yelled, struggling with keeping your feet away from him and looking into the box. 

Seunghyun dropped his head on your lap and hugged your waist, looking up at you with a pout. You sighed and pulled your feet out and he smiled, keeping his head on your lap and his eyes on yours. 

"Open it," he said, looking at the box.

"Will something explode in my face?" you said, remembering the prank you had played on him before he left for Belfast.

"No," he grumbled, glaring at you as he recalled how long it took for the icing to get off his hair. 

You stuck your tongue out at him and looked into the box, blinking when the bracelet inside sparkled in the soft light. You took it out and intentionally dropped the box into Seunghyun's face, making him flinch. You chuckled and studied the bracelet closely again, nodding at its simplicity with narrowed eyes. You twisted it around and looked inside, smiling at both of your initials interwoven together intricately. 

"Do you like it?" he asked.

"I do," you nodded, quickly slipping it into your wrist and making sure it was loose but not too loose. 

When you were satisfied that it wouldn't fall from your wrist easily, you leaned down and pressed a kiss against Seunghyun's forehead. He reached up with his hands, slipping them into your hair and tilted his head back to kiss your lips. As the kiss progressed, he shifted around and eventually you found yourself pressed against the headboard of his bed, your arms wrapped around his neck, legs on either side of him. 

"Seung-" you were cut off when Seunghyun pressed his lips against yours in another kiss.