The Shocking Truth

Picture Perfect

a/n   Pink = your thoughts    Red = L. joe's thoughts    Blue = Chunji's thoughts

 

Later that night, you get a phone call from the hospital. You immediately ran out the door and ran straight toward the hospital. Without knowing you an past Chunji, who was on his way back to give you your belongings you left behind.

On his way back to his house, Chunji notice that you left your stuff behind. He felt like it would be late to return it, but he did it anyways. When he got closer to your apartment, he saw you running frantically. Chunji never saw you facial expression like that before. He knew something was up and decided to follow you.

When you arrived at the hospital, the doctor told you what had happened to you mom. She had collapsed and he told you that your mother's condition worsened.

"I'm afraid to tell you that you mother's cancer is growing more rapidly than I thought it would." the doctor explained. "If it continues to grow this way, then she will only have a few more days left to live."

Tears ran down your face as the doctor told you the news. You went to see your mother, who was sleeping in her bed. As you saw her face, you began to cry even harder. 

What will I ever do without you. If you leave me, who else will I have? Please don't go...

Chunji heard everything. He couldn't believe it. The last time he saw your mom, she was healthy, energetic. She didn't seem like the type of person to have cancer.

As you walked out of the room, you saw Chunji standing in the front. He walked over to you and gave you a big hug.

"I'm sorry... I'm sorry... If I had ever knew that your mom had cancer I wouldn't have left you..." Chunji said. "I'm so sorry..."

Without a response, you embraced Chunji and cried silently. Moments later, Chunji grabbed drinks and gave you a cup of hot chocolate. It was your favorite drink to cheer you up and calm you down, and Chunji was the only one who knows that fact.

"So what will you do?" Chunji asked. "Will you tell her?"

"I... I... No... I won't." you replied. Chunji gave you a blank stare. "I won't tell her. If I do she'll be devestated. I want her to live her life to the fullest... Without regrets."

Minutes later, you and Chunji fell asleep at the hospital, sitting on the bench. But later, you were woken up by a doctor. You knew something wrong happened, you had a feeling.

"Lee Dani?" the doctor said. "I'm really sorry to say but your mom... Your mom passed away in her sleep last night."

"Eh... But you said... You said that she had a few more days left! She can't be gone! She promised me that she'll get better!" 

Tears filled your eyes. Everything was blurry to you. Chunji held you close to his chest and you continued to cry.

"Dani?" the doctor interrupted. "You mom... I think that she knew she didn't have much time to live, so she wrote you a letter. It was in her hands last this morning when we saw her." The doctor gave you the letter. You opened it. It read:

 

Dear Dani,

My sweet, adorable daughter. By the time you receive this letter, I might not be in your world anymore. I'm sorry that I'm leaving you all alone... Sorry for not being there with you... Sorry for not keeping my promise. But the thing I am most sorry about is that I lied to you. Could you ever forgive me? I know that right now you are having a hard time, but you have to know this... Your dad. He did not die. He is still alive out there. I know it. At first I didn't want to believe it, but I saw him. I saw him walking in the streets 2 years ago right before I knew I had cancer, and I know it's him. I know that  you will have trouble dealing with all this, but I know that you can handle it. You are my daughter. I raised you to be strong, and I love you. I love you Dani. 

Love Mom