Home Alone With L. Joe

Picture Perfect

a/n   Pink = your thoughts    Red = L. joe's thoughts    Blue = Chunji's thoughts

 

That night, a maid showed you to your room. You dropped your things and ran straight to the bed jumping on it, and landing on your stomach. L. Joe on the other hand, barged into his dad's office. You could hear L. Joe's angry voice as he complained to his dad. You too didn't feel comfortable living there, but you had no other choice. Where else could you stay? 

The loud argument stopped and someone knocked on your door. It was the principal. He came to tell you that everything would be okay, and the you didn't have anything to worry about. He went to say goodnight and left, but he came back in to say something else.

"Oh, I forgot to mention... We will have an early start on break, so there won't be school for a week, starting tomorrow." He mentioned. "Our system's different than other schools. I will be gone for the week so you and L. Joe are going to have to be here by yourselves. Are you going to be okay with that?"

"Me... and L. Joe... Together... For A WEEK!?" You said. "I don't think it will be a good idea but it think I could handle it..."

"Good. Then it's settled. Oh and make yourself at home." The principal said as he left your room, leaving you speechless.

What does he mean by THAT???

The next morning, you woke up got out of bed, put on your glasses, and went to the kitchen to grab some breakfast. You notice that the house looked emptier than last night. No people around, what so ever. As you got closer to the kitchen, you ran into L. Joe.

Great! Just the last person I wanted to see!

Trying to avoid him, you tried to avoid eye contact with him, However, that plan didn't work out.

"What ever game you're trying to play here, knock it off!" He said. "It's not going to work! And let me tell you, this is my house, not yours. Whatever I tell you to do, you should do it."

"And if I don't?" You immediately replied. No answer. L. Joe looked embarrassed by your comment. No one has ever talked back to him like you did.

"I forgot to tell you. My dad let everyone in the house a week break, so it's only you and me. Hope you can find your own food." He laughed. It didn't matter for you. You could cook and clean, and you didn't need other people to do it for you.

L. Joe didn't like you, you didn't like L. Joe. So the only way to not see him, is to avoid him at all cost. But that didn't work! In this big, gigantic house, everywhere you went, you would see him. You wanted to take some photos of the house for your project in school, but L. Joe had to be there!

Can't he be somewhere else! Why is it that I always see him?

But once you started to see him everywhere you went, you started to think that L. Joe was really photogenic, and you started to take pictures of him whenever you got the chance to. You thought to yourself, that he could be the model for your pictures, just that he wouldn't know it. When going through the pictures, you laughed at each one. In each picture, you could see L. Joe's different personality he has than the snotty one he has in school.

It was about 6 o'clock in the evening, and you got hungry. So once again you headed to the kitchen. When you got there, you saw L. Joe laying on the kitchen floor, as if he was passed out. You ran to him and quickly turned him to his back.

"I'm... so... hungry..." He mumbled. You heard him and laughed out loud. You helped him get up and went to prepare food. When you were finished you place it on the table. You could see that drool was coming down from L. Joe's mouth. But he acted like nothing happened.

"What the hell is this?" L. Joe complained, trying to acted disgusted.

"What? You don't like omurice?" You said. "Well if you don't want this then maybe I'll eat it for you..."

L. Joe quickly took back the plate and ate it. You couldn't help but laugh at him. He was just to cute. L. Joe ate as if someone was ready to take away his food. You poured him a glass a water. After dinner was finished, he said something so softly that you couldn't hear him.

"What? I'm sorry I couldn't hear you." You said.

"I said thanks for the meal!" L. Joe yelled. You smiled at his comment.

"... You're welcome..."

To your surprise, L. Joe helped you clean up the dishes. You gave him a surprised look, and he just looked back at you.

"What? Is there something on my face?" L. Joe asked.

"No, nothing at all."

You went back to what you were doing. Then all of a sudden, you got water splashed in your face. You looked over at L. Joe. He was laughing! He was the one who splashed you in the face and now he is LAUGHING!?

"Oh, IT'S ON!" You yelled.

"BRING IT!!" He yelled back.

For 10 minutes. You and L. Joe made a mess in the kitchen, water on the floor, bubbles everywhere! What were you going to do! After the ten minutes, you sat down on the kitchen floor, L. Joe took a seat right beside you.

"You know someone's going to have to clean this up." He said.

"Yeah I know..." You said to him as you glanced over at him. You could see water dripping down his face. your cheeks became red. He looked over to you and you turned away.

"What was it that you made? Omu... omu..."

"Omurice." You laughed. "My mom made it for me when I was younger."

"What about now? Does she still make it for you?"

You hesitated on answering his question. It was hard for you to talk about your mom's death, but you told him. You didn't know why, but  L. Joe made you feel like yourself. That you didn't have to act strong like you do in front of Chunji. Your tears came out as you explained to him.

"I'm so sorry... I didn't know..." he said. You could feel that L. Joe was really sincere, that he really meant what he said. After that long silence, L. Joe brought up the subject on who was going to clean up the kitchen. You had and idea.

"Let's play rock, paper, scissors." You said. "Loser cleans!" L. Joe nodded. As you placed your hand behind your back, you and L. Joe shouted "ROCK, PAPER, SCISSORS, SHOOT!" You place out rock and L. Joe placed out scissors. The look on his face was priceless! He looked so devastated!

You ran back to your room, but once you got there, you went back to the kitchen, but this time with a mop and a bucket. L. Joe turned around.

"You're lucky I'm feeling nice today!" You said.

He smiled at you. You could feel that the L. Joe everyone thinks they know, isn't the L. Joe you saw today. He was different. A good different. When you saw his smile, your heart skipped a beat. As you were cleaning up, you began to feel something for L. Joe. You didn't know what it was. Each time he would come closer to you, your heart beat rapidly, making your palms sweat more, having your face turn red. Then you realize. You like him. You like L. Joe.

"I think I like you L. Joe..." You said unconsciously.