1

My Butler

            “Master, it’s time to wake up,” I heard while I was starting to wake up.

            “Five more minutes,” I said covering my head with my pillow.

            “I’m afraid that cannot happen Master, your mother is waiting for you downstairs with breakfast. And you know what happened last time you slept for five more minutes.”

            I instantly sat up in my bed and jumped out, not wanting to face the wrath of my mother again. I shivered at the thought of what happened last time. She did not let me eat for a few days and took everything away from me. That woman has no mercy when it comes to being late.

            “I have laid your uniform out and got everything ready for school today. Now I will take my leave,” Jonghyun, my exclusive butler, bowed then left my room.

            I stared at him as he left. I always love him being the first thing I see in the mornings. It always puts my day in a good mood. Especially when he is in his uniform, it makes him look so y. Now only if he could know that.

            I sighed at the thought then quickly got dressed in my school uniform so I could go downstairs and not get in trouble by my oh so loving mother. Eventually I made it to the kitchen table where my mother was sitting and drinking her coffee.

            “Good job you’re on time,” she said as our cook, Onew, placed my food down. Today I guess I was having toast with eggs and bacon. I do not know why my mom tells Onew to make bacon for me when she knows I do not like it. That is right I do not like bacon! Every time I eat, that is the only thing left on my plate. In addition, I do not eat it because I know that’s Jonghyun’s favorite breakfast item so I always give it to him. And he always smiles at me while thanking me and my heart feels like it’s about to explode.

            I watched him eat the bacon as I finished my own food. He is so cute that I cannot help but stare at him. However as soon as I finished he took my plate and handed my school bag over to me. I did not want to go to school, I wanted to stay here and be with him forever. Though he did not know that, nor will he ever sadly. I cannot bring myself around to tell him my feelings because one, it will make everything awkward between us, and two, I do not know where he stands on a guy liking him.

            “Master, Kevin has brought the car around and is waiting for you. Now go so you are not late again,” Jonghyun told me while pushing me out of the door and into the car where my driver, Kevin, was waiting.

            “Good morning sir,” Kevin said as he started to pull away from the house.

            “Good morning,” I replied.

            “Looks like it’s going to rain today, do you have an umbrella?”

            I quickly checked my bag and saw that Jonghyun put one in for me and that caused me to smile.

            “May I ask, what are you smiling about sir,” Kevin asked looking at me through the rearview mirror. He knew something was up with me.

            I quickly looked up at him, “N-nothing... I have an umbrella, can you thank Jonghyun for me.” Kevin only nodded

            After that, we didn’t talk and soon enough I was at the front gate of my school.

            “Thank you Kevin,” I said getting out.

            “Have a nice day sir,” then he left and I was tackled from behind.

            “Umma you’re early today,” I heard Taemin said as he let me go. Taemin is like a son to me even though we are both 18, but he is still younger and more innocent than I am. I have been taking care of him ever since we meet in primary school when he was bullied for looking prettier than a girl when he is a boy. He is one of my only friends out of two. The other one is Amber, a girl that is often mistaken for a boy. I do not have many friends because I cannot trust other people other than them and my family.

            We started walking towards the school when the bell rang. Every day I was grateful that we all had the same classes because I do not know what I’d do if I was alone in a class.

            We met up with Amber when we got into our first class, which was math. I hate starting the morning with math. It was my worst subject. Lucky Amber was good at math so she could always help Taemin and I.

            “Wassup my boys, can you believe that in less than a month we’ll be done with school,” Amber said as we got into class. “Key, you’re actually on time today!” Key was my nickname because I am so good at music that I can identify any key tone in a split second. And that’s right, one more month of school until we’re done and then go off to Universities. We three have already been accepted to the same University.

            “Yeah, my mom made me wake up early this morning so we could have breakfast together.”

            We sat in our seats as class started. No matter how many notes I take, I can never grasp the concept of math but lucky I was passing the class or everyone would kill me.

 

The school days went by slowly and it was finally Friday. I was sitting in last period English. This was probably one of my best classes since I was part American and lived in the States for the first few years on my life before coming to Korea.

            All of a sudden, I was called down to the office because I was leaving for the day. This was quite unusual, my parents would have told me if they were pulling my out of class.

            I entered the office with my school stuff in hand and saw Kevin standing there. He had a straight face on which meant something bad happened and I started to panic.

            “Come with me,” he said and I followed him out to the car.

            “What happened, is everything okay?”

            “You’re parents have been involved in a car accident and I was told by Jonghyun to come pick you up and bring you to the hospital.”

            “Oh gosh, are my parents alright!”

            “The doctor said they will be fine but they have a few injuries nothing major to worry about from what I heard.”

            “Do you know what happened?”

            “No not exactly, I’m sure we will find out when we get there.”

            Kevin and I walked up to the private rooms once we got to the hospital and saw Jonghyun, Onew, Joon and Minho waiting outside the room talking among themselves.

            “What happened,” I said running to them.

            “It seems that someone tampered with the breaks of your parents car, sir, and they ran into a building trying to stop, then the car overheated and caught on fire. Luckily they got out before anything happened,” Joon explained to me.

            “Who would do something like that,” I started to yell.

            “From what we found it was the families rival, the Jo Family.” Minho told me.

            “Rival? We have such thing?” They all nodded to me. “And who the hell was going to tell me this!” I was pissed off now.

            “Your parents told us not to tell you for safety reasons. Please understand Master,” Jonghyun said trying to calm me down.

            “Don’t you think I should have known somewhat about this so I could at least protect myself some?”

            “Well that wouldn’t be needed since your family hired Jonghyun, Kevin, and the rest of us to protect you,” Joon said. “Why do you think you are never alone anytime of the day?”

            “So that’s why you guys are always around me,” I said looking at them and calming down. I finally knew why they would never leave my side even when I told them to, especially Jonghyun, though I didn't really mind about him.

            “Thank you for understanding,” Jonghyun said, “Now should we go inside.”

            I walked ahead into the hospital room and saw my parents lying on separate beds. I ran over to them, as they were both awake and talking to the doctor.

            “Thank gosh you two are fine,” I said hugging both of them.

            “Thank you for worrying about us son,” my dad said laughing.

            “The doctor said we can go home anytime,” my mom reassured me.

            “Just come back if you feel funny or if something happens,” the doctor said then exited the room.

            I saw my butlers go over and help them up and I saw them both covered in bruises and scratches that have already stopped bleeding. Once they were up, Joon and Kevin went to get the cars ready so we could go home as Minho and Onew stayed by my parents’ sides so nothing could happen. And of course, Jonghyun wouldn’t leave my side until we got home. I guess he was worried that something could happen at any time. He was so cute when he was protective towards me.


            *Jo Twins from Boyfriend, sorry that I made them the bad guys, well their family. I personally love them the most in Boyfriend. Don’t hate me TToTT.

   How was it? I hope it was good since this is my first time actually uploading one of my stories >w<. Thank you for reading <3 ~~!!