Piece 9

Graduated in love

The autumn wind began blowing through the maple forest. Junho sat quietly in the car, looked out the window. A giant cake, candles glowed with fireworks. Birthday party for Soeun. In a pink hanbok, Soeun looked so beautiful like a real princess. A group of her fans with glittering fireworks in their hands was singing happy birthday song. Junho were glad that people loved Soeun like that. Even her seniors also stayed to celebrate her birthday though it was late at night and everyone was probably tired after finishing the last shot of the day.

Soeun got into the car with smile still was on her lips. Her face looked pretty tired but she still  cheerfully thanked to the driver:

- Gamsaimnida. Where is Mira onnie?

No answer. Now Soeun looked up and realized that the driver and her manager were not in the car. She reached out to switch on a light and turned to see Junho sitting at the backseat. She startled and said in a shaking voice:

- Oh! ...

Junho smiled:

- Happy birthday to you!

- You ...

Soeun just said only one word. Her tears were pouring down and she covered by her hand to not cry out loud. Junho pulled her into a hug, gently patted on her back:

- Eh...why are you crying? Are you unhappy to see me?

Soeun hugged him back, unsuccessfully stopped crying. She sobbed suddenly, made Junho confused, didn't know what to do:

- Soeun, wae?

She wiped the tears, tearily said:

- Just too happy and surprised. How did you ... I thought you're in London.

- Paboo ... don't cry. When I called you, I was at the Seoul airport already. I asked Mira onnie to say nothing to surprise you. I've sat here for a while.

Soeun smiled while tears kept running down her cheek. Junho wiped her tears and said:

- Sorry, because of hurry, I don't have any gift for you. I'm going to fly back to London then.

Soeun put her hand on his cheek, smiling:

- It's hard for you. This is the most wonderful gift for me ever. I do not need anything more - she rested her head on his chest, softly said - like a dream.

- I've missed you - Junho whispered.

- I miss you too.

Both silent in each other's arms, enjoying the brief moment of happiness.

- I will go with you to the airport - Soeun said.

- You are too tired after shooting, go home and rest.

- No, it's okay. The key scene tomorrow will be shot in the studio so not so hard. Don't worry.

Junho hesitated. He wanted to be with her a little more, but on the other hand, he worried about her health.

- I don't want to say goodbye now. We have a few hours, do you really want to waste it?

Junho was persuaded. Flying a long way just to be hugged by her a little time, but Junho didn't regret.

- How is your mother? Did your mother get the health exemination results?

- Yeah, okay then. Everyone felt relief.

- I should come to see your mother and greet your family, but it's impossible now.

Soeun gently shook her head:

- No problem. I told her that you always care about her. My mother said that you're so thoughtful.

- Really? So the first impression is so good anyway? - Junho smiled.

- Aigoo... Are you hungry? Want to eat anything?

- I will eat on the plane then. Is the drama progressing well? I didn't have time to read any news or comment. Actually I'm a bit nervous.

- Wae? You once said that you're confident. Why did not dare to read?

- Of course, it's true that I'm confident ... but well, I still feel nervous.

- I didn't read neither. I feared that I was affected. But my mother said that all is good response.

- That's good.

- I have read news about you and 2pm. Many girls out there really want to die because of you.

- Eh ... are you jealous?

- Oh... I'm only worried about my Nichkhun oppa ...

- Who is your oppa? - Junho coldly cut her saying.

Soeun glanced at his face, laughing:

- Who is jealous now?

Junho still was in silence. Soeun touched his arms, said in a soothing voice:

- Junho ah, are you mad? Just kidding. Eh ... Don't be upset, okay? Okay?

Junho couldn't help laughing because of cute Soeun, but he said:

- I warn you, if you say "my Nichkhun oppa" again, you will see what I do to you.

- Ye, pyeha - Soeun bowed with full of respect.

Junho laughed, on her forehead while Soeun giggled mischievously. The horizon was reddish, and it was time to farewell then. Junho hugged Soeun again in his arms.

- I will return in December to prepare for the special concert that I have told you. Then, we will have much more time together.

- I know.

Junho looked at her eyes deeply, caressed her hair and then quickly got out the car. Though he could not see her now, he knew that her eyes still watching him and likely was crying. Junho called her while walking into the terminal. Soeun just listened quietly.

- Are you crying?

- Hmm ...

- I go. Take care yourself.

- Hmm ...

- Good bye!

"I love you". He should say these words to Soeun on her birthday. Junho looked back. Her car still parked at the lobby. "Soeun ah, I'll surely say it next time."