Piece 21

Graduated in love

 

- Here you are - Bum handed Soeun her hot chocolate can, smiled as she said thanks.

- Did it hurt? - Soeun leaned forward to look at his cheek, asked in concern. In their last shot, the character that Soeun played had to slap Bum's character. Not wanting NG many times, she slapped him hard.

- Ani - Bum shook his head, took a sip of coffee - you still have two scenes today right?

- Yeah. Another slap scene. Hahaha... Today I'm so lucky - Soeun held her hand up, giggling.

Bum on her forehead:

- Hey... You make him panic with this.

Soeun suddenly was immersed in her own thoughts, no response to Bum comment. "My hands are big, you see. If I slap someone, they definitely hurt much". Soeun shook her head softly, then realized the worried gaze of Bum, she smiled:

- Wae?

- You are like drifting to somewhere.

- Eh ... I'm just thinking about the next scene.

- Don't work too hard - Bum strictly said - if you faint once again, you see what I will do to you.

"If you say "My Nichkhun oppa" again, you see what I will do to you". The words Junho had said were ringing in her mind. Alright, Soeun ah. It's okay if you still miss him, sometimes. Soeun comforted herself.  

Bum sighed as he found the empty eyes of Soeun. He wrenched the coffee can in his hand, gently said:

- Eunnie ah ...

- Hmmm ...

- I have something to tell you.

- Hmmm ...?

- Not now. Meet me at X Cafe after shooting, okay?

- Is it important? - Soeun nervously asked.

- Don't have to worry - Bum reassured Soeun.

- Okay. Oh, Tec oppa came already. I want to talk to him about our scene. See you later!

...

Tec arrived the filming location early that he could hear applauses for Soeun and Kim Bum. This probably was a strange fate that he was invited to play a cameo in their drama. While waiting his turn, he quietly observed the closeness between them. Tec wondered if he should be happy or sad. The silent suffering of Junho made him extremely nervous. He didn't believe that she could forget Junho in a day or two. But how could Soeun be so cheerful? Tec shook his head, blamed himself too selfish. Junho and him of course, both always hoped that she could be happy. He just felt a little bitter for Junho.

- Oppa, you are here - Soeun greeted him when he had make-up done.

- Soeun ah, hope you help me - Tec politely said.

- Oh, oppa, don't say that - Soeun smiled slightly - please don't mind if I slap you hard later.

Tec also smiled, shook his head:

- I hope that it's hard once enough then - he suddenly was silent in a moment and then continued - I'm so happy to see you cheerful like this.

His voice was a little bit uncomfortable but Soeun didn't seem to notice. She  just smiled, a typical smile that was similar to Junho.

- Oppa, we try to do it before shooting, okay? Even with you or Bummie, slaping my close ones always seems to be difficult.

Tec was unhappy when Soeun considered Bum as close one to her but he was touched at the same time when she mentioned his name too.

Because he was Junho hyung? Tec was not sure.

...

Bum quietly watched Soeun from behind. Thanks to Mirra, he had known that Junho and Soeun breaking up because they didn't have much time for each other. If Mirra didn't tell him, he would never know. She didn't talk about Junho with Mirra after their break-up. Everything she did as same as before. Smiled. Worked hard. Hanged out with friends sometimes. Showed up a bright picture that made everyone happy. That's paboo girl, ani, stubborn girl.

Taking the reason that he wanted to practice their lines in drama, Bum spent all his time with her whenever he could. He didn't want her to be alone. Soeun seemed to know his intention (and he guessed she knew that Mirra told him already about her and Junho), she cheerfully accepted his request. But sometimes he felt like she pretended to be pleased with him around. Even with him, she still covered up her emotion. It's not good at all. It seemed that she built herself an invisible wall around her. No matter how much he tried to care for her, he could not come closer to her heart.

That's why he felt like hating Ok Taecyeon. Tec was like an invisible string connecting Soeun and Junho. Why did he have to accept this cameo role in this drama? Soeun was sad enough, wasn't she?

But right now, while watching her quick step toward Tec and her vibrant smile for him, Bum suddenly understood. Soeun seemed not to cut off any relationship, no matter how vague it was, with Junho. It looked like ...  it seemed ...

- Eunnie ah, you haven't forgotten Junho, right? - Bum went straight to the point.