Piece 22

Graduated in love

 

- Sorry, I'm late - Soeun rushed in and sat down in front of Bum - order something to eat, I'm too hungry.

Bum forced a smile. He didn't want her to realize his sadness before her dinner.

- What's wrong with you, Bummie? Why are you so quiet? - Soeun said after finishing their meal - What's up?

- Eunnie ah... - Bum looked at her, took a deep breath and said - I... I really like you. I like you for a long time.

Soeun frozed in a moment. Bum felt that she was not surprised at the fact that he liked her but that he suddenly confessed to her. Perhaps she was hoping, at least as he thought, he would say something else.

- Bummie ah ...

- You realized, didn't you? That I like you?

- I ...well... I think I did - Soeun said hesitantly - Actually I... sometimes was thinking about your feeling, but because I fear of losing a close friend like you so I ... I just keep you at my side. Sorry, I didn't mean to hurt you.

Bum sighed. "A close friend". That's all what she thought about him?

- When you say we are friends, you hurt me already - Bum lowered his head.

- I... - Soeun confusedly said - ... I didn't know what's the right thing to do. Really ... I...

Bum looked at Soeun's eyes and said:

- Open your heart. It's the right thing to do. Can you do that?

- Oh ... I... well...it's nothing to do with my heart...

- Then what? Don't tell me that it's because of weather or something like that...

Soeun tried to smile but Bum looked so serious even though his words seemed to be a joke. Soeun didn't know what to say to expand the dense atmosphere.

- Eunnie ah, you haven't forgotten Junho, right? - Bum suddenly went straight to the point.

- What are you talking about? - Soeun looked at her coffee cup, avoiding his eyes.

- It's because of Junho, isn't it?

- What's wrong with you? - Soeun smiled, still looking down - Why do you try to bring Junho up here?

- Look straight at me and tell me - Bum insisted - if it's because of Lee Junho?

- No - Soeun shook her head - no ... no...

He felt like she was trying her best not to cry. Perhaps she kept her sadness inside for a long time, so it seemed like a heavy rock in her heart. It's so painful to see how Soeun was right now. Bum wanted it to explode so that she could feel relieved. He said:

- No what? The way you were trying to be happy ... the face sometimes was empty when you were with me ... The  way you wanted to talk to Ok Taecyeon this afternoon ...  You thought that I didn't know anything? Your close friend didn't understand you?

Soeun shook her head again, her eyes still looked down but Bum could see tears starting to fall down on the table.

- Kim Soeun - Bum raised his voice - do you know that your try to be strong like that just make me feel painful? Did you intentionally ... intentionally hurt me, didn't you?

This time Soeun could not hold back her feeling. She burst into tears:

- Ani ... Ani ... Mianhe ...

Bum stood up and sat next to her, gently pulling her into a hug. Soeun sobbed softly in his arms for awhile. Bum was relieved that she could cry in front of him. It's a lot better.