Piece 19

Graduated in love

 

Junho was immersed in thoughts, turning his coffee cup in his hand, looked out to the street that was lightened up now.

Tec observed Junho expression. Lives of artists were extremely hard. There were so many things  they could not do in their own ways. But Junho seemed to be very serious in this relationship, so he didn't know how to advise him.

- Wahhh, I felt like bursting out - Junho looked up, though he smiled but his eyes were so sad - hyung ...

- ...

- Yesterday, when I saw Soeun and Bum, I suddenly felt that she was not too strong as she always expressed to me - He smiled again - I like ... I mean ... he looked more like her boyfriend than me.

- It's just because she was sick. Don't think too much.

- Ani... I'm not jealous, if you mean that. What I want to say is that, she is not herself when she's with me. She always has to be strong meanwhile she deserves to have someone beside to care for her, to share everything in life.

- Well, you are that one, aren't you? You protected her once. You flied from London to Seoul just to be with her in her birthday. You tried to meet her whenever you're free. What more do you want to do?

- Protected her? I just happened to be there. What if she hides as she doesn't want to worry me? How can I find out if I'm not by her side? From media like this time? And everything I do is just calling and saying "ahh, it's relief, you're fine" while she has to suffer it alone?

- Eh... you can say it directly to her, that you want her to tell you everything. Then next time, she won't do that. Take it easy man.

- When she was taken to the hospital, I was abroad. Remember that. What's use if she told me? Look at our schedule, hyung. Similar things will happen again and again.

- So... you really want to break up? - Tec asked in a deepened voice.

Junho nodded in silence. Tec sighed. He tapped on Junho's shoulder and said:

- But you should think of her feelings. If you unilaterally break up with Soeun, you'll hurt her.

Junho said nothing for a moment and then he shook his head softly:

- She will meet someone better ...

Junho said to Tec, but apparently he wanted to confirm it to himself.

- I remember that you visited her home once and greeted adults. And now you ...

Junho eyes grow dark. The boy with smiling eyes now became so mature and quiet, Tec thought.

- I can't think of too many things at once - Junho sighed.

Tec knew Junho well. Maybe he made up his mind already.

- Junho ah ... okay. If it must be end ... let's end it soon.

Junho looked at Tec, smiled sadly:

- Hyung, I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

- No problem. If it's not me then who can help you now?

- Thank you. Here's her number.

Tec took out his phone, slightly sighed to see an anxious and stressful face of Junho.

- Mira ssi! It's 2PM Taecyeon. If you're near Soeun now, please don't mention my name.

- Well, yeah. What's up?

- Eh... Do you have a little time to see me? I have about 1 hour free.

- Well, okay.

- So meet me at the cafe near the hospital, okay?

- Fine. I will be there shortly.

Tec saw gesture of Junho, he quickly said:

- Mirra ssi, how about Soeun now?

- She's alright. Maybe tomorrow she will be discharged.

- Oh, it's great. See you later.

Tec hung up and said to Junho:

- Soen will be discharged tomorrow. Take a break, boy. I will tell you everything when I come back.

Junho sighed quietly, nodding:

- Okay. Mianhe, hyung.

- Aisss, don't talk none sense. Do you know that you almost looked like an old lady? - Tec joked. Junho tried to smile but failed that made Tec shake his head and sigh - Alright, alright. You almost lost your eyessmile trademark, boy. I gotta go.

...

When Tec walked in the cafe, Mirra was already there. She seemed to be a little nervous. Perhaps she was smart enough to guess what Tec intended to talk.

- I had my drink already. Order something for yourself - Mirra said friendly. Despite he'd met her a few times but never talked to her. This friendliness of Mirra made Tec feel a little more comfortable.

- Mirra ssi, I know that you are now taking care of Soeun so I will not waste your time. Junho intended to break up with Soeun.

- What are you talking about? - Mirra dropped her coffee cup on the table.

- He's too busy and did not take good care of her. If he still hold her back, it's unfair to Soeun, isn't it?

- But... but Soeun is very happy after dating with Junho. I rarely saw her sad. Even recently she's sick, when she heard the news about 2pm abroad performances, she's very happy for his success.

Tec felt somehow exorable. Soeun was too adorable girl. Losing her was really a pity for Junho. Tec strengthened his thought. Junho just wanted to save the best for Soeun, anyway. He sighed:

- To be honest, we like Soeun so much. When we knew that they were dating, all was very happy. But you know, out of sight, out of mind. Junho just doesn't want things getting worse.

Mirra mused a moment, then she asked:

- So what do you want me to do?

- From now on, Junho will not contact her anymore. He hope that you can stay beside her, help her not be too sad - Tec hesitated and added - Kim Bum seems very interested in her, doesn't he?

Mirra surprisedly looked at Tec. Tec smiled:

- Junho came to the hospital and saw him taking care of Soeun.

- Not because of that ...

- No, it's not - Tec hurriedly waved his hand - Junho didn't misunderstand anything. He know Soeun well. What I really mean is that can you ...

- I get it. Do not say anymore - Mirra sighed - frankly, I always expect that Soeun and Bum is a couple. But Soeun loves Junho, I'm not sure ...

Tec nodded:

- I understand. You are like onnie to Soeun. Junho said that you always had a positive impact on her.

- I will try my best - Mirra smiled sadly - just wish both of them are not hurt much after breaking up.

- Please take care of Soeun. It's Junho who asked you to do him a favour.

- These three kids ... I don't know what to do with them - Mirra exclaimed.