Piece 7

Graduated in love

Junho tapped his fingers impatiently on the steering wheel, waiting for Soeun in the car he borrowed from a friend. She and her Happy Ending colleagues enjoyed 2 hours celebrating. Their drama ended up with good rating. Even Soeun told him that she would call him when she's done, Junho still went straight here because his practice ended early and he didn't want to go home.

After officially dating, he just met Soeun a few times. Their schedules had been too tight and Soeun continuously filmed overnight. So whenever they had little free time, even a single hour, the two agreed that they should try to meet in any circumstances.

Today was an example. Junho knew that Soeun was very tired with the reception and he himself was exhausted after practicing, but if they didn't meet today, probably they would not until the end of this year when his concert took place. It's unbearable for him. Their hurried phone calls or short text messages were not enough and it even made him miss her more and more. That's why their rare meetings like this were always precious memories.

Eventually Soeun came out with her colleagues. He saw her bowing and shaking hands to many people. Perhaps she were refusing to be brought home by them. Soeun's beauty and her open-minded personality was attractive to those who worked with her. He loved that of her most but also worried most when he's away from her for so long.

Finally Soeun was alone. Junho called her.

- Soeun ah, look at 2 hour direction, you will see a dark blue car.

- OK, I've seen it already.

Soeun looked around cautiously and then walked towards him. Junho smiled softly. Every time they met, it looked like doing intelligence task in war times.

- Did you have to drink a lot? - Junho grabbed her handbag and put it to the backseat, asked gently.

- Jogeum! - Soeun sighed - Are you tired? Hungry?

- Not tired - Junho raised his hands caressing her hair - I ate a bit before coming here. Very sleepy rite?

Soeun leaned her head on his shoulder, closed her eyes and softly said:

- I forget it when you are here with me.

- You can sleep while I'm driving - Junho said, then started the engine, turning on music that Soeun loved to listen whenever she's with him.

Soeun sat up, shaking her head:

- No, I'm not sleepy.

- Look at your eyes, Kim Panda! - Junho lightly on her forehead.

- I'm alright - Soeun smiled - you're the one who looked tired, not me. Anyway, I finished filming so I have a few days off, why did you insist to meet me tonight? You're exhausted already.

Junho didn't know how to tell her now. Although he was informed of the plan for long, he still held it. He did not want to make her feel sad while filming. He would be away from her for five months.

- Soeun ah - Junho said hesitantly. Soeun didn't answered. Although Soeun said she's not sleepy, perhaps due to tiredness, cozy air and melodious music that made her fast asleep.

Junho smiled silently. He turned down the music, then reached for his jacket at the backseat covering her shoulders. He stopped at their dating place, leaned back in chair, turned to look at Soeun sleeping at his side. Her face looked so sweet, pure and incredibly beautiful. Junho couldn't help touching her smooth rosy cheeks. That made Soeun awake.

- Sorry - she shyly said - I couldn't resist sleepiness.

Junho smiled and said nothing.

- We're here already? - Soeun looked out the window, asked - Why didn't you call me?

- You slept well then I couldn't - Junho said - Do you want to go out for a walk?

- Yeah, if you want - she looked at his eyes for a moment and then suddenly said excitedly - Gaja!

The riverside now was almost empty. Soeun held Junho's arm tightly and walked close to his side.

- You know, even though our dating place is always here, I still find it very nice - Soeun happily said - Junho ah, do you know how many lights from here to the parking lot?

Junho shook his head in silence.

- There are fifteen ones. I counted at the second time we came here - Soeun laughed softly - none sense, ha?

Junho felt cozy and happy while Soeun chirping around him like this. But how much happier he was, the more he thought of five months ahead.

- Are you too happy to speak? - Soeun joked - If you feel like it, say thanks to me right now.

- Thank you - Junho said simply.

Soeun turned to look at him with so much love in her smiling eyes. Junho suddenly stopped and no more words, he hugged her tightly.

- Soeun ah, I will be away for five months - finally Junho broke the silence. Perhaps at this moment, when he hid his face in her hair, Junho could gather courage enough to tell her.

- I know - Soeun whispered.

- You know? - Junho amazingly stepped back and looked at her - How do you know? I mean when?

- I just only know - Soeun looked deeply into his eyes and said - I can guess from your abnormal silence. The thing I don't know is that it will take five months.

Junho kept silent, not knowing how to say. Soeun hugged him again, resting her head on his shoulder, whispered:

- Junho ah, gwenchanha. You will call me every day, right?

Junho tightened his arms around her. Why did she always easily understand and think for him? Girls often wanted her boyfriend around all day long, taking care and saying sweet words. But he never had enough time to do those things for her.

- I'm so sorry. I always make you sad.

Soeun was still in silence. Junho suddenly felt her body shaking. He stepped back but Soeun didn't loose her arms. He knew that she was crying and she clearly didn't want him to see it.

- Soeun ah, ...

Soeun stood back. Though she discreetly wiped away her tears, but her eyes were still red that made his heart heavy. She smiled and said:

- Actually, I will have a new project soon and be very busy then. It's a historical drama and the character unlike myself so I should make a great effort. But Junho ah, I will do well because of you - she laughed again and then said in ancient accent - Pyeha mama, you must do well too.

Junho laughed. She always knew how to make he relieved and comfortable. He should be the one to comfort her, but contrarily, it's he who worried her. Junho held her hand:

- We'll do well together!

Soeun said respectfully:

- Pyeha mama, I am hungry.

Junho laughed and imitated her:

- Ye, my queen, I grant you tokkboki.

They both laughed out loud. Junho put his arm on her shoulder, pulling her close to him. Although he did not know how come the future between him and Soeun, he knew that Soeun really made him happy right now.