Piece 17

Graduated in love

 

"Our dear viewers! A bad news this week is that our angel Kim Soeun was on emergency because of flu and overworking. On Tuesday, after trying to finish filming the last scene of Horse healer, she had fainted because of a high fever. According to the hospital where Soeun is having treatment, she is better now. We will inform you the latest situation of her. Wish our angel would recover soon. God blessed her".

Junho stood up. He hastily took his jacket and then rushed to the door.

- Junho, what is it? What happened? - Chansung shout bewilderedly.

But the door had closed behind Junho.

- What's wrong with him? - Wooyoung concerned.

- Not know - Junsu shook his head.

- Should we follow him, hyung? - Chansung stood up and asked anxiously.

- Well, just wait his call. It must be an emergency - Tec tapped on Chansung's shoulder, calmly said.

o0o

Mirra turned to look at Soeun asleep. After eating some spoons of soup, much more than yesterday, she even was able to sit up a bit. Bum went back after cleansing. His eyes looked rather worried than tired.

- Bum ah, go home - Mirra hesitantly said - you have filming schedule today. Soeun is much better now.

- Onnie, it's okay. I'll go this afternoon. I want to stay with her a little more - sitting down next to Soeun, gently holding her hand, he continued - I wish that I could be able to share the hard time with her.

Standing outside the room, Junho astonished at the sight he saw. Soeun obediently ate soup that Bum served her. That full of attentive careness and tenderness made the witness feel bitter. Junho was not jealous. It's okay even though Soeun didn't contact him in 3 days. It's no problem that he knew of her condition from media. Even though now the one who took care of her, concerned for her was not him,  his feeling was not jealous. He only blamed himself. "I wish that I could be able to share the hard time with her", the words Bum had said ringing in his head. That's seemingly a simple statement, but it hurt his heart.

Bum held up her hand touching on his cheek. Junho clenched his fist trying not to push the door to break in. He quietly walked away, took a seat and thought about him and Soeun. After visiting Soeun's home, they hadn't got time to meet again because of too busy working schedule. Even when she was taken to the hospital, he was still abroad. Everything he could do was calling her whenever he's free. Soeun always was happy, optimistic, even encouraged him and never complained anything. He could imagine her filming too hard, but what he did to her was "Soeun, fighting!", "I love you, Soeun ah." That's all.

Am I too selfish? He queried himself. Am I truly her boyfriend? Junho couldn't answer.

- Lee Junho!

- Ajeossi - Junho looked up, realizing Dr. Seo, a friend of his father. To avoid the crowd of reporters outside the hospital gate, he had to ask Dr. Seo help.

- Why are you still sitting here? - Dr. Seo asked, squinting up at the sign named Kim Soeun - well, visit Soeun also?

- No - Junho shook his head softly. Even to a close friend of his father, he could not publicly tell him that he was Soeun's lover. Junho bitterly thought - Soeun that you just said is Kim Soeun, isn't she? How is she anyway?

- Yep, that girl. She's fine - Dr. Seo shook his head - young guys nowadays are too aggressive. Working as if tomorrow will be the end of the world. This beautiful girl has an odd boyfriend. Always wears dark glasses and a hat, but attentively care for her. He didn't leave the room a half-step for 3 days.

Junho felt his heart sink. He forced a smile and said:

- I see. Well, I gotta go, ajeossi. Thank you for your help.

Phone was vibrating in Junho's pocket. A call from his team. He knew that he had to leave. Junho sighed, looked into Soeun room through the glass door once more and then quietly walked away.