Chapter 3

Fate of two Lovers

 

Seconds, Minutes, Hours have already passed since Aron visited you, he talked about Nu’est and the other commitments that they have, you sighed for the nth time while serving the ramen bowls to the customer whom Dong-wook saw, he called for you which you immediately followed.

 

“Don’t sigh Hae ji, the customers can hear it” He whispered to you, you bowed apologizing for what you did and went back to your work with a smile on your face.

 

Hours once again passed swiftly, it’s already the end of your shift, the clock struck 9 in the evening, the tables are now neatly organized, plates are already washed, dust are swept, and the utensils are now arranged and now kept inside the cupboards.

 

“Somehow this day is a bit tiring than the others” You sighed while sitting on the chair near you, Dong-wook came out of the kitchen without his apron anymore.

 

“So care to explain why you know an idol named Aron?” He asked with a tint of jealousy in his voice which you didn’t aware of.

 

When the name Aron was mentioned, your face suddenly turned red and started to flail your hands around, “I-I m-met him o-on one of their stage of course!” you stuttered, you felt uneasy yet happy, nervous but satisfied.

 

Dong-wook took a chair and placed it in front of you, he just listened to your story as you continue to tell things about Aron.

 

“So yeah, and the jacket you always see that I’m wearing belongs to him” You giggled but you stopped when you saw Dong-wook’s expression.

 

“Wae??” You furrowed your brows and crossed your arms.

 

“You like him?” He asked a certain question which made you stop and fall into a deep thought.

 

Words from the past suddenly echoed in your head, "Nothing, i'm just wondering why you like us even if you don't really know us?" "I don't really know but, for me i like you because my heart said so."  You felt a sudden pain in your heart; unconsciously you placed your hand on your chest.

 

You breathe in deeply then smiled, “Neh”

 

Dong-wook nodded slowly, “You do know that ... he is an idol right?” You hummed as response, “And you do know that, it’s hard to fall in love to an idol like him” You nodded once again, the pain you felt in your heart intensified, perplexity took over you, yes you know that loving him is difficult, but what else can you do since your heart doesn’t listens to you.

 

“Okay okay it’s your choice, your life, let’s go, I’m going to walk you to your house since it’s already dark.” He offered, you stood up and took your jacket and left the apron on the kitchen table, “Oh wait, but are you sure? You’re just living upstairs and I’m sure it’ll be troublesome for you to walk on the snow outside” You said, you are worried that he might catch a cold if he went outside.

 

“No, it’s ----“A horn of a car from the outside interrupted his sentence, you then turned and walked towards the door, you were about to open the door when suddenly Aron came in.

 

“A-aron?” You are surprised to see Aron standing in front of you, *Am I dreaming?* you suddenly asked yourself not knowing that you’ve been staring at him for a long time.

 

“I’m real, you’re not dreaming” He chuckled which made you realize that what he said is true, you quickly stepped a few backwards.

 

“W-why are you here?” You asked still can’t believe that the Aron Kwak of Nu’est is standing in front of you.

 

“I came to pick you up since its cold outside, and it’s already dark” He chirped cheerfully, tiredness are present on his face, but for some reason he can still smile like nothing happened.

 

“B-but you’re already tired right?” You said, worrying that something might happen to him.

 

He raised his hand and pumped it in midair, “I’m strong like Baekho so there’s no need to worry, Ajusshi I’m going to drive her home so you can rest now!” He shouted.

 

“B-bwo??!!! Ajusshi???” Dong-wook retorted in disbelief, “M-mianhe Dong-wook-ssi we’re going now, bye!!” You quickly said and pushed Aron outside the vicinity, you heard that Dong-wook called you but you just ignored it.

 

“ga ja” Aron said as he walked towards the car in front of you, you hesitated at first since you still feel sorry on the weary state of Aron, but he already opened the door and was waiting for you so you just sighed and entered the car.

 

After you entered the car, you saw Aron running to get to the other side of the car, which made you chuckle a bit since this is the first time you saw this side of Aron.

 

“So let’s go?” He asked after he went inside the car and buckled yours and his seatbelt.

 

“Thanks, but are you sure you’re okay? You look very tired today” You said still worried about him.

 

“I’m okay, you’re just worrying too much” He started the engine and drove.

 

“It’s been a long time since we last talked like this. Alone just the two of us” He mumbled which gave you a very confused feeling.

 

“N-neh~” You shyly said still couldn’t look at him.

 

Awkwardness took the best of them, no one dared to talked after that, the ride to your house is a bit short, when he stopped in front of your house, you were about to open your door when Aron stopped you, he smiled then took his shades and his scarf, he opened his own door and ran towards the other side of your door, he opened it and offered you a hand, you gladly took it and went outside of the car.

 

*Aron really is a gentleman...* you thought which made your heart flutter once again.

 

“Then I guess this is goodnight Hae Ji” The moment he mentioned your name made your heart skipped a beat once again, you nodded awkwardly, “G-good night .. A-aron-ssi ..”

 

“No need for the last part, just call me Aron” He smiled once again.

 

After Aron accompanied you to the front door, he bid once again goodbye and went to his car, he started it and drove away, all you can see now is snow and the back of his car, you placed your hand on your chest and sighed. “You do know that ... he is an idol right?” you repeated Dong-wook’s words before entering your warm cozy house.

 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------

WOW I UPDATED ONCE AGAIN XD

Anyways can you answer the poll of my new oneshot? :) 
Here click this link please : Going Crazy the poll is in the foreword box :) thanks!!